Best play we saw from Peterman last night (Imo)

Steptide

You must realize for some on this board it's their life. So be very careful about your subject matter, your grammar, and your opinion of the Bills. You have to meet their criteria if not they come swarming

Really? You have to beg for confrontation? My PM's were intended to help, but clearly "this" is your thing. Best of luck. Pretending to be new and innocent goes only so far.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? You have to beg for confrontation? My PM's were intended to help, but clearly "this" is your thing. Best of luck. Pretending to be new and innocent goes only so far.

Please look at one of my threads and see the constant harassment I endured even after turning the other cheek. Not trying to be confrontational at all. Some people do take this board a little to serious

Two things..

1) Peterman throws down the middle. Something Tyrod cant do to save his life.

2) Dak Prescott was also drafted in the 5th round (essentially, he was pick #37 in the 4th)

The Bills may not have the cowboys' pass protection, and Dez. But the run game is just as good.

Peterman can definitely make do with the receivers the Bills have.

This Peterman talk will continue all season. I'll admit he has me intrigued, but I'm not quite ready to crown him the starting qb.

However, their was a play last night that showed me a sign of potential greatness. Something I can't remember seeing from a bills qb in some time. The link below is highlights of Peterman last night. Watching them again is impressive. Especially on that 2 min drill. However, skip to 2:15 in the video and you'll see in my opinion an amazing play.

Now maybe I'm way over thinking this, or maybe I'm just easily impressed. Either way I keep watching this play and seeing a veteran type qb.

Here's the breakdown. Peterman snaps the ball, drops back, pocket collapses fairly quick. Now if this was Tyrod, or Yates my guess is it would be an immediate scramble or sack. Tyrod may have immediately taken off running. However, what does Peterman do? STEPS UP IN THE POCKET, doesn't see a reciever open, runs down the line of scrimmage (still looking for a reciever), then runs for a first down (head first never the less). Again, I may be way over thinking this, but this play to me is tell tale sign that this kid is going to be great. Maybe not this year. But I really hope the bills hold onto this kid. See for yourself at 2:15

https://youtu.be/aKduBp70kJg

the two plays that I really liked from Peterman last night was the sideline throw to Zay that was right on the money and the corner end zone pass to Zay that should've been a TD if Jones could've gotten that second foot down. Those two pass in my opinion where big league throws

Please look at one of my threads and see the constant harassment I endured even after turning the other cheek. Not trying to be confrontational at all. Some people do take this board a little to serious

I've seen all those previous threads....and wondered why they existed. I'm the guy who was trying to be polite. I PM'd you trying to seek something rational. You may benefit from seeing a mental health professional. I tried to do this privately....

Can't agree here, because if someone makes a good point backed with solid fact based analysis within a thread irrespective of length, it will be appreciated and responded to with subsequent discussion.

Absolutely, I'm all for threads getting long, no issue there and they should naturally. However, when a thread gets long it prevents people who are new to the discussion from joining in. I can't read the 90+ pages of the Watkins thread, and honestly most of it isn't interesting enough, at least based on my interest, to engage me for that long.

Also, it might be a recency bias thing, because looking at the page now, the first page is all threads that had posts today. A couple months ago that was not the case. I read this board several times a day almost all year, and there are times when there is not enough new stuff to read.

Could be an off season thing, or writing this, maybe a call to action to people raising similar concerns (several in this thread) to start interesting fresh conversations to change that, and I agree Blitz, of the threads I have started, they don't typically get shut down (well except for the refs are fixing games threads from a couple years ago, which looking back was a bit much :))

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. That back shoulder throw and catch was crazy, and the throw to O'Leary on the LBs ear with anticipation and arm strength was unreal as well.

I've seen all those previous threads....and wondered why they existed. I'm the guy who was trying to be polite. I PM'd you trying to seek something rational. You may benefit from seeing a mental health professional. I tried to do this privately....

And you came to this conclusion over this board. So I should seek mental help over a football message board? Ok thanks. The real deal is that you're one of them that whine over this board

And you came to this conclusion over this board. So I should seek mental help over a football message board? Ok thanks. The real deal is that you're one of them that whine over this board

I'm not whining, but I'm aware of your pattern. Are YOU aware of your pattern? The new-guy-free-pass is gone.

I'm not whining, but I'm aware of your pattern. Are YOU aware of your pattern? The new-guy-free-pass is gone.

Wow the other guy told me to know my place and now you're telling me the new guy pass is gone. Smh. You guys really take this board to serious for real. You know there's a life outside of this board. Anyway we can agree to disagree and never respond to each other again. Sorry I lost my new guy pass. Lol

Feel free to be an idiot as long as you last.

Your response shows just how obsessed you are with this board. As long as I last? Ok if I'm banned for whatever reason do you really think that's the end of the road for me? Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Your response shows just how obsessed you are with this board. As long as I last? Ok if I'm banned for whatever reason do you really think that's the end of the road for me? Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Can't we all just get along. Now all of you go to your rooms and think about what you have done. When you're ready to play nice you may come out and apologize.

Can't we all just get along. Now all of you go to your rooms and think about what you have done. When you're ready to play nice you may come out and apologize.

I try to be respectful as possible. There are some that act as if they own this board. I've been insulted by name calling and I still remain respectful. I don't do the name calling over the Internet. If there is a need to get that personal I would rather do it face to face. I thought the one thing we all had in common was our love or admiration for the Buffalo Bills. Just to smooth things over I will gladly apologize to a fellow Bills fan if any of them feel offended by anything I've posted

I'm from the BBMB and I only check this site once or twice a day compared to 15 or 20 times there.. Since the 1st preseason game I've only seen 1 thread about Peterman on the main page, so this was refreshing.. Also for people to name their favorite plays was nice as we all have different opinions.. Its cool to hear about the ones you might not have noticed live, either subtle or veteran like decisions made by Peterman.. Good thread and thx..

I'm from the BBMB and I only check this site once or twice a day compared to 15 or 20 times there.. Since the 1st preseason game I've only seen 1 thread about Peterman on the main page, so this was refreshing.. Also for people to name their favorite plays was nice as we all have different opinions.. Its cool to hear about the ones you might not have noticed live, either subtle or veteran like decisions made by Peterman.. Good thread and thx..

Exactly. It was very interesting.

I try to be respectful as possible. There are some that act as if they own this board. I've been insulted by name calling and I still remain respectful. I don't do the name calling over the Internet. If there is a need to get that personal I would rather do it face to face. I thought the one thing we all had in common was our love or admiration for the Buffalo Bills. Just to smooth things over I will gladly apologize to a fellow Bills fan if any of them feel offended by anything I've posted

na. your good.

Is there any rule against calling another poster mentally ill? Just asking for a friend.

I asked when it was appropriate to call someone an idiot months ago..... you guessed it? I got called an idiot😂😂😂

My guess is, some of these guys, literally, sit at a computer ALL day and obsess over this board. Everyone's entitled but the snarky, constant boo hoo hooing by the same guys is tiresome.

I've clearly been a weeney in the past at times but it has been Bills topical because the team was infuriating. The personal stuff though, isn't cool.

Apparently there is an ignore function.

If you don't like someone's posts, use it. Problem solved😉👍🏻

JMO, but one or two is enough. It's not like ground breaking stuff in each of these tnreads. They are basically all the same.

That's the one thing I enjoy about this place compared to BBMB. The front page shouldn't be cluttered with the same crap because 10 different people think their view of something is so special and different it deserves its own forum.

I hear that, but I also like being able to read a specific take and its responses without having to wade through 30 pages of a generalized thread.

I really don't see any problem with multiple threads about the same player if they approach it in different ways or ask different questions.

I hear that, but I also like being able to read a specific take and its responses without having to wade through 30 pages of a generalized thread.

I really don't see any problem with multiple threads about the same player if they approach it in different ways or ask different questions.

I agree......

alright, i'll bite.

what's the big freaking deal if there are 20 Peterman threads or 20 Tyrod threads?

the OP chose a sub of a set and wanted to talk about it, i don't see why it is such a big deal.

all i ever see is waaa waaa waaa, we already have a thread, waaa waa waa.

I agree, the post Nazi's always seem to get their panties twisted. This is a message board. No one is forcing anyone to read any post.

This isn't BBMB and it helps to keep the board from being so chaotic when there aren't multiple active threads with the same subject under discussion.

That's why you see Mods locking threads with the following note:

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

yep. it's so much easier scrolling through 40 pages of a post then reading a new post.

I liked the out to Zay with great concentration to get his feet down, personally.

I think Peterman and Zay are going to be the next Kelly and Reed...they seem to have a lot of good chemistry together...and with Peterman reading defenses and anticipating his receivers, Zay will catch a lot of passes....whereas if Tyrod is his QB he will catch like 3 or 4 passes a game and his talent would be wasted.

On a side note, I was watching the video and thinking to myself, imagine how explosive this offense could be if it were in the "no huddle" with Peterman.

Hey, a man can dream can't he?

alright, i'll bite.

what's the big freaking deal if there are 20 Peterman threads or 20 Tyrod threads?

the OP chose a sub of a set and wanted to talk about it, i don't see why it is such a big deal.

If you don't like it around here, find another site. There is a long history of how we do things around here. Part of that history is respect for the rules. The rules prohibit duplicate threads.

BTW, OP good observations re: Peterman. I hope he has some time to develop.

alright, i'll bite.

it does tend to be a duplicate, a discussion already in another thread, it would be best to just add another post to said thread(s).

it does seem kind of petty though with all the complaints and whining about bbmb and using it as a excuse of some posters being so bad. thing is, this is a discussion board. who gives a !@#$ where one came from. if it was so bothersome, after months of the board being shut down and still the whining about it, why did they even allow those former members to join? out of courtesy only to later whine about it? sure, there were some bad posters from there that came aboard but you can bet your bottom dollar this place had/has their share here.

it's a bills discussion board. it doesn't matter if they came from mars, they're here. seems they do a good job of weeding things out by ridding the bad posters from both boards so maybe it's time to move on, accept those that are here and just discuss bills football.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

If you don't like it around here, find another site. There is a long history of how we do things around here. Part of that history is respect for the rules. The rules prohibit duplicate threads.

BTW, OP good observations re: Peterman. I hope he has some time to develop.

lol, seriously?

you berate me and go on to respond to the OP telling him good observations in, what.... the fourth or fifth thread on Peterman?

the irony of your post is not lost upon most.

Edited by Foxx

Somehow there wasn't much complaining about it until March of this year.

shame isn't it. how long ago was march, 5 months.

how long will they/you complain? 5 more months?

maybe you all can get together, round 'em up and ship 'em out, how about it?

then what would you complain about?

lol, seriously?

you berate me and go on to respond to the OP telling him good observations in, what.... the fourth or fifth thread on Peterman?

the irony of your post is not lost upon most.

AND . . here we go again. Why don't we start a thread about the long snapper and have everybody with a thin skin or an axe to grind go there. Suspend the rules, let 'em cuss and swear and question each other's ancestry to their heart's content.

The problem with having one thread for all things Peterman, is that you'll have 50 pages of different topics and different people responding to different replys. While some might like it that way, I find it rather annoying and would much prefer 4 or 5 different threads. That way people can discuss what they want on a particular thread

JMO, but one or two is enough. It's not like ground breaking stuff in each of these tnreads. They are basically all the same.

That's the one thing I enjoy about this place compared to BBMB. The front page shouldn't be cluttered with the same crap because 10 different people think their view of something is so special and different it deserves its own forum.

+1

every board has it's own resonance. however, this boards resonance has been in a state of flux since BBMB shut down. you're right, i know that offends some and to be honest, if my applecart was upset, i'm not too sure i would like it. we are after all creatures of habit.

sometimes change is good though. breaking out of that rut is sometimes a needed change of pace.

That is some arrogance to say we were in a rut lmao.

And sometimes change is good, like getting new members, that's cool.

Creating a board that lacks any organization, and has 10 different conversations about the same thing at once, cluttering the board, and pushing more important things than your opinion to the bottom? That is bad change.

That said, Petermana looks good. I like the way he throws. I would like to see him against better opponents, and see what he does under real pressure, but those were NFL QB throws.

Edited by What a Tuel