In the defense of Tyrod Taylor...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was his second preseason game with his third new OC in not even three full seasons yet. I don't know if anyone could be successful with that much turnover.

Of the "success" there was last night, and with all three QBs playing, where did we see the most positives. Wasn't from taylor.

Stop. Just stop. This is the !@#$ing NFL. Either you produce or you can gtfo. That goes for everyone.

They are not building an offense that fits his strengths. So trade him. But before you do that,let Peterman start against the ones, but without Glenn or Matthews.

That was his second preseason game with his third new OC in not even three full seasons yet. I don't know if anyone could be successful with that much turnover.

I dont care if he was out there with a bunch of kids from the Special Olympics, there's no excuse for any starting QB to have 2 picks and 50 yards in a pre-season game...period.

Taylor had a bad game. Doesnt seem to have any real chemistry with any pass catcher. Him and Zay need to get together. Matthews adds another dimension that we havent seen yet. Preseason game 3 is usually the best berometer of where the team is at. A little gameplaning and for the most simulating a regular season game for the better part of 3 quarters.

I'm not a Taylor supporter though I root like hell for the guy......but, in his defense, the o-line was absolutely putrid last night contributing to his awful performance.

Those few times he did have ample time he didn't look good.

Not a good night for him.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

They are not building an offense that fits his strengths. So trade him. But before you do that,let Peterman start against the ones, but without Glenn or Matthews.

Are you implying that he should have the same circumstances that Tyrod did just so you can try to prove a point? If so that's !@#$ing moronic.

Edited by Bangarang

Stop. Just stop. This is the !@#$ing NFL. Either you produce or you can gtfo. That goes for everyone.

Is a player allowed a bad pre-season game? He actually was playing well at the end of last season. Not saying he should not be criticized, just that maybe we should not be so rash to run a guy out of town who has played as well as any QB we've had since Kelly, save maybe Flutie (admittedly this is a low bar).

He played horribly last night, even on the rare plays where he had time, and it should be concerning, but let's see what the next nine days can do about that (and the atrociousness of the pass protection).

Is a player allowed a bad pre-season game? He actually was playing well at the end of last season. Not saying he should not be criticized, just that maybe we should not be so rash to run a guy out of town who has played as well as any QB we've had since Kelly, save maybe Flutie (admittedly this is a low bar).

He played horribly last night, even on the rare plays where he had time, and it should be concerning, but let's see what the next nine days can do about that (and the atrociousness of the pass protection).

This isn't even about just 1 pre-season game.

Taylor will get better...

He couldn't possibly get worse than last night.

It's preseason. The SB Bills used to lose preseason games all the time. We've seen EJ look awesome in preseason performances. Preseason doesn't mean squat.

I'm not defending Taylor. I just don't think you can judge him on a partial preseason performance.

I expect TT to play the regular season this season a lot like last regular season. Maybe a bit better because he has an OC who understands the passing game a little better. Maybe a little worse if the pass protection doesn't gel.

Are you implying that he should have the same circumstances that Tyrod did just so you can try to prove a point? If so that's !@#$ing moronic.

Why the anger? That's not proving a point. that is called being fair. unless you kind of know Peterman will probably struggle with the injuries, playing against first string defenses. He plays the same system, same players that TT did last night. Only way that is fair.

There

Is

No

Defense

TT had a Rating of 12 last night

you're 100% right. no excuses for it. it was bad..... but people overreacting about preseason week 2, as if its the indicator of how the season will go, look really really silly....

could we not hang our arguments for either side of the fence on week 2 of the preseason? good lord people.

It's preseason. The SB Bills used to lose preseason games all the time. We've seen EJ look awesome in preseason performances. Preseason doesn't mean squat.

I'm not defending Taylor. I just don't think you can judge him on a partial preseason performance.

I expect TT to play the regular season this season a lot like last regular season. Maybe a bit better because he has an OC who understands the passing game a little better. Maybe a little worse if the pass protection doesn't gel.

Love your posts Hondo. Always sensible, calm and level headed.

And I typically agree with whatever you write. Cheers mate! :beer:

holy crap thank you!!!! its really this simple.

As a 7 year pro he should have looked better. Hopefully they were just running a vanilla offense and not much should have been expected. My main concern is that they were are trying to get Tyrod to hit receivers in stride and he simply is not able to do that. His strength is to run around and hit a stationary target, not sit in a pocket and hit a guy where he can take the ball upfield

Edited by uticaclub

I don't think it matters if you produce in week 2 of the preseason. At least it shouldn't matter.

Yep.

Everyone knows if Tyrod keeps playing like he did last night - the coach will replace him sooner rather than later.

If Tyrod stinks it up like he did last night in the regular season, it is very likely going to be because of a really, really bad offensive line. We have seen Tyrod be consistently decent when the pass protection is good and even some times when it is not.

If that offensive line sucks in pass blocking though, any QB on this roster right now is going to get creamed in the regular season. And Peterman will look even worse getting blitzed by blood thirsty defensive coordinators who like to feast on rookie QB meat.

If Tyrod sucks bad going forward into the regular season - this year is going to be a complete dumpster fire. And Dennison, McDermott and Beane will get a lot of the blame. This offense was good last year.

This isn't even about just 1 pre-season game.

He couldn't possibly get worse than last night.

Schwarz D is real tough to play against,

Taylors trying to do what the coaches want which is get the ball out ontime.

We will see some growing pains...

As a 7 year pro he should have looked better. Hopefully they were just running a vanilla offense and not much should have been expected. My main concern is that they were are trying to get Tyrod to hit receivers in stride and he simply is not able to do that. His strength is to run around and hit a stationary target, not sit in a pocket and hit a guy where he can take the ball upfield

If everything was so vanilla and not much was expected, then why was Taylor playing almost the entire first half?

The coaches were looking to see what TT could do, and he showed them.

Yep.

Everyone knows if Tyrod keeps playing like he did last night - the coach will replace him sooner rather than later.

If Tyrod stinks it up like he did last night in the regular season, it is very likely going to be because of a really, really bad offensive line. We have seen Tyrod be consistently decent when the pass protection is good and even some times when it is not.

If that offensive line sucks in pass blocking though, any QB on this roster right now is going to get creamed in the regular season. And Peterman will look even worse getting blitzed by blood thirsty defensive coordinators who like to feast on rookie QB meat.

If Tyrod sucks bad going forward into the regular season - this year is going to be a complete dumpster fire. And Dennison, McDermott and Beane will get a lot of the blame. This offense was good last year.

The run game was good last year...the offense was missing an adequate passing game, and it doesn't appear that anything improved on that side.

I think the offense is worse this season, and the absence of Watkins and this system that doesn't seem to suit TT all that well will be driving factors behind it.

It was my understanding Rico wanted him because he did fit the system. Maybe I am mistaken. Or maybe he isn't a fit for any system.

There is no defending TT. He's a bad QB, always has been.

The stats do not back you up. he's a low end starter and a very good backup. 47 TDs, 15 turnovers, 1000 yards rushing and the Bills are 15-14 when he plays-that is not bad.Don't know what you have been watching. Not a franchise talent, but you can win with him with a good team around him-and yes-even the franchise talents need a good team around them to win.

If everything was so vanilla and not much was expected, then why was Taylor playing almost the entire first half?

The coaches were looking to see what TT could do, and he showed them.

The run game was good last year...the offense was missing an adequate passing game, and it doesn't appear that anything improved on that side.

I think the offense is worse this season, and the absence of Watkins and this system that doesn't seem to suit TT all that well will be driving factors behind it.

Actually agree with some of this. If they are not going to play to his strengths, then trade him. But before you do, play Peterman with the ones, but he doesn't get Glenn or Matthews. has to be fair to compare.