Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Taylor led offense is stuck in neutral again and the two's with Peterman move the ball and put up points,then what do they do? Game three is usually the dress rehersal for opening day. How long is Taylor's leash? What will the fan base put up with?

If the Taylor led offense is stuck in neutral again and the two's with Peterman move the ball and put up points,then what do they do? Game three is usually the dress rehersal for opening day. How long is Taylor's leash? What will the fan base put up with?

I can't imagine starting the season with anyone but Tyrod at QB. Perhaps if Peterman absolutely lights it up and Tyrod lays an egg then it could be a possibility. Right now I don't think it's even a question though.

Edited by Bangarang

It will be interesting to watch him with the two's this week. The kid is certainly a gutsy kind of guy, from the player's perspective he was confident, walked on to the field and took charge. It sounds like he has some of the intangibles but does he have the actual ability? I think he's a Fitz clone personally.

It will be interesting to watch him with the two's this week. The kid is certainly a gutsy kind of guy, from the player's perspective he was confident, walked on to the field and took charge. It sounds like he has some of the intangibles but does he have the actual ability? I think he's a Fitz clone personally.

He even wears a wedding ring like Fitz while playing. All we need is a beard and more soul crushing pick six ints. :rolleyes:

peterman-8-13-story.jpg

I can't imagine starting the season with anyone but Tyrod at QB. Perhaps I'd Leterman absolutely lights it up and Tyrod lays an egg then it could be a possibility. Right now I don't think it's even a question though.

Yeah, you're right. Just glad to have interesting stuff to keep us going till September.

Fans don't determine who plays

Honestly, the best thing we can do is let Nate start every game this season.

If he looks great, no need to draft QB next year..highly unlikely but still.

If he looks bad? Great! We get the #1 overall pick.

Win win.

So, prematurely as this all is... we are passing on a potential franchise QB in the 2018 draft because our fifth rounder looked solid against third team players. Literally, in less then a half of football in a pre season game, the decision is made at the most critical position in all of sports.

I like it!

To be clear, I referring to Mahommes and the kid from Clemson.

I think Yates suck but I can't stand the snark from reporters who have never played a sport in their lives

I am with you. It has become the way to get noticed as a "reporter" and it is awful to listen to.

I feel the momentum building and it seems like we could be in for more "reporters" racing to tweet snarky comments about every incomplete pass that Yates throws in practice.

I thought Nate did okay. There was some good, some not so good. I think his accuracy was spotty.... I am not convinced based on his college tape he has ever been as accurate as advertised.

I'd absolutely let him play with the 2s this week - Yates was atrocious.

Given everything else that has happened since Thursday there is an argument for saying trade Tyrod and start Peterman. If they wanted to do that I would support them in that approach but I don't think this team is planning on tanking.... so I think it is unlikely he sees the field this year barring injury.

The chance of Peterman becoming a franchise QB are still miniscule.

Accuracy I agree on ... but I did like some of the touch throws ... I just think accuracy will improve as he gets use to the speed and the windows ... word is he can anticipate and did like his scrambles when the pocket broke down .. so we'll see as his experience grows.