EJ Gaines...

Last season, E.J. Gaines allowed a 141.7 passer rating on 72 targets into his coverage -- 5th-worst of the past decade (min. 50 tgts).

He had a bad season last year coming off a Lisfrank injury. Was pretty solid his rookie season. Solid tackler, physical player, intelligent, better in zone coverage.

Let's let this one play out a little bit before we condemn him.

Any time you have a chance to get a 6th round cb with 2 career INTs for a top 5 pick wr, you have to do it.

I think I know the NFL pretty well but I have never heard of him before today.

Had the trade been straight up yes its stupid but that second is a 33-39 which is almost a first.

He had a bad season last year coming off a Lisfrank injury. Was pretty solid his rookie season. Solid tackler, physical player, intelligent, better in zone coverage.

Let's let this one play out a little bit before we condemn him.

Ronald Darby was really good his rookie year. It's kinda hard to stomach this.

Any time you have a chance to get a 6th round cb with 2 career INTs for a top 5 pick wr, you have to do it.

First I don't believe we would have kept Sammy after this season , he wants to get paid and we all know that was not going to happen here in Buffalo , and even if EJ Gains doesn't work out we still got a 2nd round pick , Rams 2nd rd pick = late 1st round pick ...

First I don't believe we would have kept Sammy after this season , he wants to get paid and we all know that was not going to happen here in Buffalo , and even if EJ Gains doesn't work out we still got a 2nd round pick , Rams 2nd rd pick = late 1st round pick ...

And what if things click for a 2nd year #1 overall pick qb; a former rookie of the year RB; a wr core feature Sammy, Woods, & Austin for a very good offensive coach?

EJ Gaines was one of the worst cbs in the NFL last year.

Some how I have a feeling that 2nd round was what we were happy to get for Sammy , and could it be that EJ Gains was thrown in to just sweeten the deal ??

And what if things click for a 2nd year #1 overall pick qb; a former rookie of the year RB; a wr core feature Sammy, Woods, & Austin for a very good offensive coach?

Ughh just reading that made my stomach turn

Some how I have a feeling that 2nd round was what we were happy to get for Sammy , and could it be that EJ Gains was thrown in to just sweeten the deal ??

For sure. But Sammy produced similar to Julio Jones after 3 years, with bad qbs. Would you risk trading Julio for a 2nd rounder?

I hope that everything will click for the Bills , im not worried about the Rams

i honestly did. I was watching the NFL top 100 one night and I kept seeing this guy get burned in highlight clips... Number 33. Asked my man who is a HUGE Rams fan who that was... EJ Gaines. He said that some people say that when EJ plays the receivers gain. Someone even calls him EJ Loses

For sure. But Sammy produced similar to Julio Jones after 3 years, with bad qbs. Would you risk trading Julio for a 2nd rounder?

With FO not picking up Sammys 5th year option ( to me means that we were not going to resign him )

And if that was the case , then it makes sense to get a 2nd round pick ( especially coming from Rams ) then just lose him next and get nothing , just my opinion

With FO not picking up Sammys 5th year option ( to me means that we were not going to resign him )

And if that was the case , then it makes sense to get a 2nd round pick ( especially coming from Rams ) then just lose him next and get nothing , just my opinion

Should be a high 2nd round pick as well. That's the best anyone was gonna offer for Sammy. EJ Gaines was just thrown in there so the Bills could feel like they got a CB back after losing Darby. If we didn't plan on extending him or were even unsure, the trade makes a lot of sense.

Should be a high 2nd round pick as well. That's the best anyone was gonna offer for Sammy. EJ Gaines was just thrown in there so the Bills could feel like they got a CB back after losing Darby. If we didn't plan on extending him or were even unsure, the trade makes a lot of sense.

I agree 100%

Let's be honest, the reason our Bills got extra high draft picks for next year is because we got lessor players back in that Sammy's potential is way higher than Matthews and Darby's potential is way higher than Gaines

Short term the Bills lose a little, but long term those draft picks make the trade a potential big win for the franchise

That being said in terms of short term Matthews is no slouch, he is a top tier #2 NFL WR, or at worse a lower tier #1, and Gaines did have one good year, so maybe in the right system he will improve

IMO Matthews is solid enough that very few of us will miss Sammy, my concern is that we purged every one of secondary starters last year, its a massive transition year on this D, and we might have serious issues with our 2017 secondary, and that both new players are impending free agents

jc

Great another EJ? He was on the NFL all rookie team in 14. 2015 was lost all year to injury. He's a throw in player anyway. If the Rams blow again we might have a early 2nd round pick. I guess you can justify it anyway that we weren't resigning Sammy.

I don't mind my thread being highjacked but I'm still wondering if it's the same guy who closed down star Wr Mike Evans

To answer your question, yes EJ Gaines was the same player to shut down Mike Evans in 2013 4 catches for 8 yards. Gaines would go on to make the all-SEC team.

When is the draft? I think that is next meaningful activity of the Buffalo Bills. The season officially became a waste (I don't think I've ever been so deflated this early in the season, and that's saying something as a Bills fan).

Well, the more we lose, the better these trades become.

When is the draft? I think that is next meaningful activity of the Buffalo Bills. The season officially became a waste (I don't think I've ever been so deflated this early in the season, and that's saying something as a Bills fan).

Well, the more we lose, the better these trades become.

Hoping to see Sammy actually play a game?