Serious question: Is this the beginning of a tank?

Heavy Kevi

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just don't understand this. the only thing i can think is that they're stockpiling picks to trade up next year. right?

I pretty sure that trading young talent to stockpile picks is the definition of modern NFL tanking. See CLE

No. The writing was on the wall for Sammy when we didn't pick up his option. You can't give injury-prone players big contracts.

We finally have a GM that understands the value of draft picks. He's like the anti-Whaley. Andre Holmes and Vlad Ducasse should start packing their bags.

Jordan Matthews is a good and young WR. You don't tank and then trade for someone like that.

maybe they felt they could get similar production from matthews, not have to pay the money, (i have no idea what his contract looks like) and grab a pick? they certainly tried to fill the holes they created.

Edited by teef

The Bills might not be tanking, but they're certainly putting themselves in a position where they're going to get a top QB next year.

We're probably looking at a top 5 pick right now given how hard the schedule is and given how little talent we have at WR.

Not a tank. Smart moves and building draft capital for long term.

That's the way I am viewing it.

maybe they felt they could get similar production from matthews, not have to pay the money, (i have no idea what his contract looks like) and grab a pick? they certainly tried to fill the holes they created.

Probably.

The Bills might not be tanking, but they're certainly putting themselves in a position where they're going to get a top QB next year.

We're probably looking at a top 5 pick right now given how hard the schedule is and given how little talent we have at WR.

If we're being honest, we were possibly looking at a pick in that range before these moves were made.

Wll said.

I am fine with it really. When McD and Beane were hired it was made clear this is a long term plan.

That's the way I am viewing it.

Probably.

Sure, that's what they're doing, but the result is also that they've accepted that they're going to be really bad this year.

This team will be worse in 2017 as a result of these trades.

Not a tank, when we cut Kyle and Lesean, lets talk.

I think it is clear that regardless of how Sammy produced in 2017, he wasn't staying long term.

Stings to lose Darby, that is the one that pisses me off. I was really excited about seeing him and Tre for many years.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

No tank yet after trading for Matthews. Sammy is super talented but can not stay healthy and besides Matthews has been more productive than Sammy.

Jordan Matthews was getting cut.

Jordan Matthews + 3rd round pick = Ron Darby

Sammy Watkins = 2nd round pick + EJ Gaines

Suggesting Watkins is on the same level as Matthews is absurd.

Well, at least I can thank the organization for earning my vote of no confidence right at the very beginning.

They've saved me about 4 hours a week through January, and countless dollars I otherwise might have given them.

!@#$ing !@#$s.

I lost any thoughts of being good this year last night.....

This is the first year I probably wont go to a game. Not boycotting or anything, but I am genuinely not excited at all for the season.

Not a tank, when we cut Kyle and Lesean, lets talk.

I think it is clear that regardless of how Sammy produced in 2017, he wasn't staying long term.

Stings to lose Darby, that is the one that pisses me off. I was really excited about seeing him and Tre for many years.

darby is more confusing to me than watkins. i at least understand the logic behind trading watkins.

I'm holding off on declaring this a tank unless Shady is traded too. I mean why sign Boldin if we're tanking? I think McBeane genuinely thinks the team can still compete and also get picks for next year. Guess we'll see but Jesus.

Only thing I can think of is that they want Boldin to mentor Jones for a year.

That's all I've got.

Our offensive personnel, particularly at QB and WR is bottom of the barrel relative to the rest of the NFL.

I'm fine with these moves, because I love having a ton of picks in what should be a strong draft class, but there's no way to sugar coat how this is going to affect the 2017 season. We're going to be one of the worst teams in the league this season.

They must have thought Sammy would have to be tagged after this season then FA walk.

He proved his value yesterday so he was tradeable .

Would not surprise me if he got those targets yesterday BECAUSE he was being traded.