JW: Bills Not Tempering Expectations in 2017

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not have heard of him but Zach Brown was a former second round pick with and starter with elite athletic measurables and Alexander was known as a great special teamer..........that is the definition of good depth.

Milano and Vallejo. Zach was a quitter btw.

Bills have depth as much as anyone or better.

You live in the past on this one.

Look now! Even Jordan Mills has competition .

Would have been nice to have Gilmore back, but hopefully the team will get good production from White who looks very promising thus far. Aaron Williams at full health would have been nice, but I'm good with Hyde as his replacement. You have to hope that Poyer and Seymour will be suitable replacements for Graham and NRC.

Agreed

You may not have heard of him but Zach Brown was a former second round pick with and starter with elite athletic measurables and Alexander was known as a great special teamer..........that is the definition of good depth.

Yeah, they were both so awesome they were unemployed. I bet you popped some champagne when Whaley signed them. Edited by PromoTheRobot

The way some folks act here, every team is stocked three-deep with pro bowlers...not that making the pro Bowl means anything.

"If you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best."

And if your gonna beat the best you have to actually be the best.....

Aspirations

Edited by Buffalo Boy

"If you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best."

And if your gonna beat the best you have to actually be the best.....

Aspirations

Holding your breath and pouting does not make the Bills any better.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

For what it's worth, folks.

Upbeat as the public comments are, there are expectations internally that the Bills will need time and patience to catch up and jell.

Should that start off hot, great. Should they not, there is no expectation of hitting any panic buttons.

jw

Makes perfect sense with a new coaching staff that's implementing different offensive and defensive schemes from the previous two seasons.

Upbeat as the public comments are, there are expectations internally that the Bills will need time and patience to catch up and jell.

Should that start off hot, great. Should they not, there is no expectation of hitting any panic buttons.

jw

Thanks jw.

I guess it makes sense. As upbeat as I am about the defense returning to form, it will be 2 brand new systems.

I think the most telling attitude is that they traded back to get the KC pick. I don't think you do that if you are 100% sure on Tyrod. They also didn't go gangbusters on high prices FA's.

If they can come on strong late, I'll be happy.

jw

I think McD and staff have to take a cautious approach and this is the blueprint: you acknowledge that there are a lot of changes, talk about how everyone has to work hard to earn his status, and hope for the best. Far better than Rex (and even Marrone) with boastful predictions about changing culture and winning the offseason.

I really don't expect a slow start. 40 days until the opener and they already seem more prepared.

jw

...no panic buttons?....HERE?...seriously?.....Jesus, we have a pundit talking about Raglund being a cut.......the "One 'N Done" crowd will be in full blossom......I need MORE Bourbon..............

I really don't expect a slow start. 40 days until the opener and they already seem more prepared.

The reason I don't see a slow start is that their opening 6 games are the best part of the schedule to me. Atlanta is the one game in there I give us less than a 50/50 chance in. I make us favourites to beat the Jets, Broncos, Bengals and a toss up against the Panthers and the Buccs.

Rebuild or not rebuild?

Every rookie HC comes in thinking they have what it takes to make a team work. Most don't. I.e. Grego, Mularkey, Moron e and that's just this team during the drought.

How did our last rookie GM workout for us? Some will say ok, some won't , very few will sing him high praise.

Can anyone argue that a new O and D scheme will come out of the gates week 1 firing on more than half their cylinders? ( except we play the Jets... I get that.)

Analytics say our schedule isn't tough???

The Eye Ball test says our schedule is a beyatch!!!

I hope this coaching staff gets the most out of these players. I hope they stay healthier than they have in a decade. I hope Sammy plays16 games, Dareus plays to his potential, Hughes doesn't do his bonehead stuff, TT discovers the seam route and Clay is his consistent target, Darby refinds his rookie form, Shady is even better... etc

Hope is nothing but comfort for a fool ( Old Jamaican proverb).

This has the looks of a six win season and those of us who think so don't hate the team and arent trying to be downers and we'd LOVE to be wrong.

Amen to all this...

The reason I don't see a slow start is that their opening 6 games are the best part of the schedule to me. Atlanta is the one game in there I give us less than a 50/50 chance in. I make us favourites to beat the Jets, Broncos, Bengals and a toss up against the Panthers and the Buccs.

The only team we are going to beat is the Jets, we might upset a team making us 2-4 at the bye. We have no chance against Atlanta, Broncos, Bengals or Bucs. We might upset the Panthers but that's the only 50/50 chance. The Broncos D-line is going to kill Taylor our Tackles don't match up well at all against them. Glenn did play pretty good against Miller in college but I think Miller is the best pass rusher in the NFL.

The Broncos D-line is going to kill Taylor our Tackles don't match up well at all against them. Glenn did play pretty good against Miller in college but I think Miller is the best pass rusher in the NFL.

I reckon if we score 3 against the Broncos we could win 3-0. Slight exageration but it tells you what I think of their offense. It blows.

I reckon if we score 3 against the Broncos we could win 3-0. Slight exageration but it tells you what I think of their offense. It blows.

Denver and Baltimore are hoping to win a lot of 6-3 games this season.

The only team we are going to beat is the Jets, we might upset a team making us 2-4 at the bye. We have no chance against Atlanta, Broncos, Bengals or Bucs. We might upset the Panthers but that's the only 50/50 chance. The Broncos D-line is going to kill Taylor our Tackles don't match up well at all against them. Glenn did play pretty good against Miller in college but I think Miller is the best pass rusher in the NFL.

I am curious as to why we cant beat the bronco's, bengals, or bucs

The bronco's are dont have their QB situation figured out....and looked very beatable last year....oh and we just raided their staff

WE BEAT the Bengals last year? What great changes have they made to their team that make them not beatable this year

The bucs....remind me again where the bucs drafted this last year?

Your basicall a NFL matchup off COLLEGE PLAY

(never mind....ill stop here.....nothing to see here)

Funny... I see a rookie HC, GM, brand new Front Office crew.... A 7th yr QB who hasn't shown that he can get the job done... A 7mil/yr TE with knee problems... A #1 WR who can't stay healthy but is gonna want to be paid HUGE $$ after this season... Kyle Williams who will prob retire after this season... Darby who clearly regressed last season... basically 2 new Def rookies (Lawson & Ragland)... Eric Wood who isn't getting any younger and who has basically been so-so to this point in his careeer... I think REBUILDING sounds just about right.... An awful lot of question marks here...

So your saying the glass is half empty?

Bucs will be good, IMO.

Real tough game at home.

Bengals, no idea. They could be good, bad or anywhere in between.

I just think Denver will take a step back with Wade in LA now and Kubiak gone, so much so I'm betting a good chunk of money on the under on them.

What exactly makes the bucs good.....why this year when they have not been good in season's past.

Just because they drafted players that we would like on this team does not necessarily make them good....they have drafted in front of us EVERY year......

Unitl they actually prove it i dont believe it

What exactly makes the bucs good.....why this year when they have not been good in season's past.

Just because they drafted players that we would like on this team does not necessarily make them good....they have drafted in front of us EVERY year......

Unitl they actually prove it i dont believe it

Well they were 9-7 last year and drafted behind us, is that the proof you need? Or should you look further and see a good young team being bolstered with signings like Djax and Grimes and adding additional weapons like OJ Howard to combine with Brate for one of the more atheltic two TE sets in the NFL. If all that doesn't do it for you then look at their long snapper....

Sold yet?!

I think McD and staff have to take a cautious approach and this is the blueprint: you acknowledge that there are a lot of changes, talk about how everyone has to work hard to earn his status, and hope for the best. Far better than Rex (and even Marrone) with boastful predictions about changing culture and winning the offseason.

To be fair, losing the division by 7 games and the wild card slots by 3 and 5 games.... and that ignoring our lack of tie breakers.... better prepared than last year is the bar we better get out to a blistering hot start. Talent is a slight bit down, so we need to be FAR ahead in health and coaching.

I am not sure John could have watched much of the Buccs in the 2nd half of 2016. They were the classic "young team on the rise." They went 9-7 and drafted 19th (I think).

I am not guaranteeing playoffs for them because the NFC South is a tough division this year and very tough to call.. but they have a QB developing into a franchise guy infront of our eyes and some nice pieces around him.