The Tyrod Taylor Question

gentleman I said Florida period. That are legends. I'll help you out Warren Sapp, Rey Lewis, edgerin James, Micheal Irvin, Alvin Harper, Dion Sanders, Sammy Watkins, Santonio Holmes, Vince Wilfork Clinton portis and a lot of HOFamers. I do not even the players that played there like Jim Kelly Ed Reed, regie Wayne. Don't even count any HOF from your states they would never even come close no comparison. Butch Davis coached 28 first round draft picks in 5 years from the U of M. Now tell me about evaluating talent. Talk about some other sport but football, no other State can even come close. No Imo, Fact.

I played D1 ball.

I coached varsity ball.

I scout.

You watch games in Florida.

FYI I'll take Texas for talent

Florida has 12 HoF lol

Texas has 30

Edited by Buffalo716

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you really think about it, TT did take that $10M paycut that was a much better contract than his original 6 year deal.

:lol::lol:

I don't know if you're confusing me with someone else or something but I never said that.

You seem pretty happy right now.

This year is going to be sad. I think the team is going to quickly and visibly lose faith in the HC and GM.

Wonder if Kyle sticks it out.

I don't know if you're confusing me with someone else or something but I never said that.

You seem pretty happy right now.

This year is going to be sad. I think the team is going to quickly and visibly lose faith in the HC and GM.

Wonder if Kyle sticks it out.

Oh I thought you and Shaw were the two guys who said TT's new contract wasn't a pay cut, but actually a way BETTER contract.

My mistake.

By the way Jones is getting Hot in LA. He is throwing darts. I'm watching are you?

Throwing darts directly to other players for what should be pick-6s if they don't drop the football :doh:

no I'm just not a hater. I give credit when is due. I don't just give it away, specially when they don't deserve it. You gotta earn it in my world.

What credit is Jones due? What's he ever done in the NFL?

Throwing darts directly to other players for what should be pick-6s if they don't drop the football :doh:

What credit is Jones due? What's he ever done in the NFL?

a lot better he was never given the chance. What has Peterman done? Even the commentators are saying he's throwing nice catchable balls. Even Philip Rivers and he does look like he's improving according to his OC. Plus he was hated on.

I think it was actually somewhere in this thread that someone made a comment that there isn't anyone who is actually saying that Taylor is just a "RB playing QB."

Whoever that poster was, here is yet another example :doh:

It was me. That is the first person I have seen do it in a long, long time. It was being presented as a regular line of attack and evidence that people think Tyrod is much woree than he is. 1 comment from MAJBobby does not cause me to reject that as a fair assessment of this argument.

Congrats. It's blatantly clear we're drafting a QB in the top of round 1 and not picking up that option on Taylor in 2018 barring a miraclulous and Herculean effort on his part... something I think more and more posters will be actively rooting for this year.

Still think this year there are no excuses for Taylor???

God I feel bad for McCoy and especially Meatball at this point.

There are no excuses any more. It is his Make or break season.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing or something? Who cares how a QB got good numbers? Isn't having good numbers what matters?

Come on man of course good numbers matter, just look at how Trent Edwards numbers mattered, or Fitz. Sure good numbers matter for showing how good a QB is, I'm sure it has nothing to do with garbage time because hey we don't need the win the QB just has to pad those stats...SMH

By the way Jones is getting Hot in LA. He is throwing darts. I'm watching are you?

no I'm just not a hater. I give credit when is due. I don't just give it away, specially when they don't deserve it. You gotta earn it in my world.

So, this is your idea of Cardale earning credit? This is against 3rd and 4th string scrubs mind you. This is what a good QB looks like to you? Jones getting hot? lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uux5yEKmepQ

Hard to spin that as anything but another bad preseason performance by Cardale.

There are no excuses any more. It is his Make or break season.

Make or break season, yes.

But it's looking more and more like the excuses will be there. That doesn't mean there will be any excuses whatsoever that warrant us not doing everything we can to trade up (if necessary) to draft a QB. Taylor needs to be better than 2016 and probably 2015 to make OBD even second-guess doing that.

Which is perfectly fine.

4 more pages to 100

Make or break season, yes.

But it's looking more and more like the excuses will be there. That doesn't mean there will be any excuses whatsoever that warrant us not doing everything we can to trade up (if necessary) to draft a QB. Taylor needs to be better than 2016 and probably 2015 to make OBD even second-guess doing that.

Which is perfectly fine.

We always find ways to excuse things away. Its human nature.

Better than both seasons (combined :pirate: )

just some fun stats to brighten your day. TT has a really lit it up so far.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating Nathan Peterman 45 23 279 51.1 6.2 1 2.2 0 0.0 28 2 11 77.9 T.J. Yates 26 15 131 57.7 5.0 1 3.8 1 3.8 16 4 27 67.9 Tyrod Taylor 26 13 99 50.0 3.8 0 0.0 2 7.7 15 3 17 27.6

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating Nathan Peterman 45 23 279 51.1 6.2 1 2.2 0 0.0 28 2 11 77.9 T.J. Yates 26 15 131 57.7 5.0 1 3.8 1 3.8 16 4 27 67.9 Tyrod Taylor 26 13 99 50.0 3.8 0 0.0 2 7.7 15 3 17 27.6

Do these preseason QB stats really mean anything?

so who's going to win the preseason award? still two games left, stay tuned.

...so you're invalidating the value of Wrecks Ryan's claim "we won the pre-season"?........are your credentials BETTER than HIS?...show me..................

Wait....I thought he was always the winner of the offseason.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

...so you're invalidating the value of Wrecks Ryan's claim "we won the pre-season"?........are your credentials BETTER than HIS?...show me..................

it was "we won the off season" They didn't even bother with preseason last year. Everyone sat and then came out flat on a real game day.

4 more pages to 100

We always find ways to excuse things away. Its human nature.

At least Taylor puts the onus on him...

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/sports/bills-receivers-challenged-adapt-boldin-retires-article-1.3433426

"No excuses ever want to be made on my end. You've got to deal with whatever's given to you," Taylor said.

"Yes, we lost Sammy. Yes, we lost Anquan. But there's guys that are very good players, very talented players. We just have to do whatever it takes to get on the same page."

almost there 0:)

Congrats. It's blatantly clear we're drafting a QB in the top of round 1 and not picking up that option on Taylor in 2018 barring a miraclulous and Herculean effort on his part... something I think more and more posters will be actively rooting for this year.

Still think this year there are no excuses for Taylor???

God I feel bad for McCoy and especially Meatball at this point.

finally?

took you long enough the read the writing on the wall.

;)

At least Taylor puts the onus on him...

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/sports/bills-receivers-challenged-adapt-boldin-retires-article-1.3433426

"No excuses ever want to be made on my end. You've got to deal with whatever's given to you," Taylor said.

"Yes, we lost Sammy. Yes, we lost Anquan. But there's guys that are very good players, very talented players. We just have to do whatever it takes to get on the same page."

almost there 0:)

Not a bad quote. Realist ?

I respect T.T as a man so much and I think he's a leader among men. His work ethic and desire to succeed is where you want your QB to be. I just hope he can develop his QB skills enough to become our guy. I'm just not sure he has it in him.

It's behind the ESPN Insider paywall:

@mikerodak

Tyrod Taylor lands in Tier 3 of @SandoESPN’s expert panel QB ratings. Some strong words from one head coach on him

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/20400339/2017-nfl-qb-tier-rankings-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers#Tier1

I respect T.T as a man so much and I think he's a leader among men. His work ethic and desire to succeed is where you want your QB to be. I just hope he can develop his QB skills enough to become our guy. I'm just not sure he has it in him.

I fear that he has relied on his running ability for so long, he never really had to develop great passing skills...he could always get by being an average passer because of his running...doubtful that he will be able to just turn it on...but I agree, much love and respect for Tyrod- always a true professional.

finally?

took you long enough the read the writing on the wall.

;)

But I'll be rooting hard for him to play well enough so that it doesn't happen.

I think now that it's so close and almost so obviously going to happen, a large number of posters particularly in this thread are going to be rooting very hard against Taylor succeeding.

Taylor has been set up in a situation that's interesting because she has been set up to fail while also being set up to prove he's the answer.

It's behind the ESPN Insider paywall:

@mikerodak

Tyrod Taylor lands in Tier 3 of @SandoESPNs expert panel QB ratings. Some strong words from one head coach on him

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/20400339/2017-nfl-qb-tier-rankings-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers#Tier1

Anyone with ESPN insider? General curiosity about what they say more than anything 0:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

The end is near for Tyrod. Get used to watching him consecutively go 3 and out as teams force him to stay in the pocket and be a QB.

How many games before he gets pulled, 3 maybe 4? Or will a injury be the end for him in Buffalo? Sadly by then Tyrods stock will be next to nothing, what a waste, trade him now while he is worth at least a bag of peanuts.

Same. He has a stacked deck against him. Wish him the best.

But I'll be rooting hard for him to play well enough so that it doesn't happen.

I think now that it's so close and almost so obviously going to happen, a large number of posters particularly in this thread are going to be rooting very hard against Taylor succeeding.

Taylor has been set up in a situation that's interesting because she has been set up to fail while also being set up to prove he's the answer.

Anyone with ESPN insider? General curiosity about what they say more than anything 0:)

Thats right. I feel bad for him shady and meatball. They all wanted to compete to win this year and pretty much had their tires slashed.

The end is near for Tyrod. Get used to watching him consecutively go 3 and out as teams force him to stay in the pocket and be a QB.

How many games before he gets pulled, 3 maybe 4? Or will a injury be the end for him in Buffalo? Sadly by then Tyrods stock will be next to nothing, what a waste, trade him now while he is worth at least a bag of peanuts.

Dude you are an @ssh0le.

Can we trade you to the pats fan board? We should trade you now while your still worth at least a rusty looney in a pigs @ss.

Perfect example of someone adamantly rooting against Taylor right here.