The Tyrod Taylor Question

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's not an obsession. It's just that he's only interested enough to talk about the one thing. See the difference?

He's only interested in talking about QBs, see? Not Peterman, of course. Tyrod. Not Yates. Tyrod. See? Quarterbacks.

Okay, QBs who will make a difference during the regular season in terms of Ws and Ls.

Sorry, I don't care to waste time talking much about a single backup until he's not a backup anymore.

Better? 0:)

Really? You actually wanna go there? Knocking off a Taylor win over that one play starting the Colts game where he lined up as a receiver?

Don't you find it embarrassing to call that game a "Matt Cassel" win?

He doesn't care.

He's always right and you never are unless you agree with him.

That's him approach at the beginning of every single discussion here.

Really? You actually wanna go there? Knocking off a Taylor win over that one play starting the Colts game where he lined up as a receiver?

14 wins, 15 wins, team stats, right? or is it a Tyrod stat?

14 losses, Tyrod stat, or team stat?

Edited by old school

The original statement that was refuted was that 'The Bills are 15-14 when Tyrod starts'. That would imply it's the team's record, no?

Try some reading comprehension pokie. GRB clearly states "a Taylor win", not a team win. You knew that, right! Or you just like to try and pick apart any thing I say as that seems to be your mo.

Try some reading comprehension pokie. GRB clearly states "a Taylor win", not a team win. You knew that, right! Or you just like to try and pick apart any thing I say as that seems to be your mo.

The Bills are 15-14 when TT plays, if you like that one better and actually want to count the one Cassel snap.

The original post:

The Bills are 15-14 when TT starts. Not terrible.He was the least of this team's problems. He is what we have.Healthy roster, better defense and coaching, we'll see what he does. But those are excuses to posters like MB. MB is on my ignore list. You should do the same. I won't deal with agendas anymore.

The reply:

14-14, according to ProFootballReference.

But again, win-loss is simply NOT a QB stat. It's a team stat. The official name of that stat is "TEAM Record in Games Started by This Quarterback (Regular Season)".

And he wasn't the least of this team's problems. That was the run game. He was basically an average problem, ranking with most of the team except for the run game. The whole team was pretty much a problem outside of that terrific run game.

GRB's response:

Try not to jump into conversations you don't have the context on. The record Thurman posted is on Taylor's PFR page. If you have an issue with it take it up with them. The fact of the matter is that he is the only QB on the box score with any registered stats for the Bills, and discounting that is a blatant mischaracterization of what happened on the field that day.

I'm giving this one to Hotrod.

15-14 in 2015 - 2016.

19-0 in 2017

He only gave 3 plays where he struggled. I don't think that's enough data to determine inconsistent camp.

Overall with 7 practices yeah but he didn't reference that.....

The 2 practices I saw were pretty poor. Regardless, the only thing that matters is how he looks in live situations. I'm still not expecting a significant step up though. Edited by Bangarang

Wow. Really eager to pick nits, aren't you?

For the record : I fully concede football to be a team sport.

That victory is yours!

Crack open a bottle of bubbly...... Go wild!

Returning back to substance, Thurman indulged in a practice common to those who loathe the Bill's starting QB. He uses the single play where Taylor lined-up as a receiver in the 2015 Colts game to say that was a Buffalo win with Cassell as opposed to Taylor, who started every other snap as quarterback. Now Thurman knows this is ludicrous, so why does he do it? The answer is pretty damn sad. Deleting that game means the team doesn't have a winning record with TT as quarterback. Apparently this is so important to Thurm as to warrant a little transparent weaseling......

Edited by grb

Wow. Really eager to pick nits, aren't you?

For the record : I fully concede football to be a team sport.

That victory is yours!

Crack open a bottle of bubbly...... Go wild!

Returning back to substance, Thurman indulged in a practice common to those who loathe the Bill's starting QB. He uses the single play where Taylor lined-up as a receiver in the 2015 Colts game to say that was a Buffalo win with Cassell as opposed to Taylor, who started every other snap as quarterback. Now Thurman knows this is ludicrous, so why does he do it? The answer is pretty damn sad. Deleting that game means the team doesn't have a winning record with TT as quarterback. Apparently this is so important to Thurm as to warrant a little transparent weaseling......

That's pathetic, really.

He only gave 3 plays where he struggled. I don't think that's enough data to determine inconsistent camp.

Overall with 7 practices yeah but he didn't reference that.....

It's interesting to do the circuit of reporters after each day of camp. Overall they generally agree, but sometimes you see the exact opposite take on a player from one account to the next. This is particularly true when the sportswriter isn't operating off a pre-established story-line. I've seen it happen a couple of times with Peterman, where reporters glommed on to two different plays - positive & negative - to give wildly different accounts of his overall day. But if there is an established storyline - say a receiver who drops balls - woe be that guy if he drops a single pass. That just makes it too easy; the story writes itself.