The Tyrod Taylor Question

Again, we were talking about the 2015 season...

I really wish people would read all the words in a post before they respond.

Thank you. Luck stunk in 2015. Taylor was better than Winston in 2015.

What seems to be you infatuation about Tyrods 2015 season? Why not 2016? or 2015 and 2016 combined?

I know because 2015 was a better year for Tyrod and it fits your agenda better! Got it! :thumbsup:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT has everything you want in a QB except accuracy......and that will be his downfall.

TT is a stud....but we need better.

just get the "better" QB in here BEFORE moving on from TT.

a bird in the hand is worth three in the bush....or something like that.

and the ability to read a defense pre snap

and the ability to alter the play/routes off of that read

and the ability to make a quick read and get the ball out in under 2 seconds

and the ability to anticipate when and where receivers will be open

and the ability to throw guys open

and the ability to carry the offense when its winning time

I agree with you on this. Let's look at the 29 game sample not pick and choose.

Looking at the past 2 years, and QBs who have started at least 18 games (27 Qualified), I've got him pretty squarely in the middle at 15. He's ahead of a few people that will make the usual crowd angry, but I've got a method to my ranking.

Looking at the past 2 years, and QBs who have started at least 18 games (27 Qualified), I've got him pretty squarely in the middle at 15. He's ahead of a few people that will make the usual crowd angry, but I've got a method to my ranking.

Taylor's rankings in QB stats:

2015:

Comp% - 16th

Yards - 23rd

Y/A - 5th

Y/G - 29th

TD - 21st

Rating - 8th

Int% - 5th

4thQ Comebacks - 23rd

GW Drives - 23rd

2016:

Comp% - 19th

Yards - 25th

Y/A - 22nd

Y/G - 27th

TD - 24th

Rating - 18th

Int% - 8th

4thQ Comebacks - 26th

GW Drives - 26th

Picture is pretty clear here. 1st year they sheltered him and leaned on the run to cover for him (as you should) which explains the contradiction of a low Int%, high Y/A but very low Y/G, Yds and TD.

In 2016 they put more of the offense on him and he failed to produce. Y/G, Yds and TD stayed in the bottom 5-10 range, and his Y/A plummeted.

Taylor is a QB that can game stats like Rating and QBR, but in actuality is not a quality QB and is not able to shoulder the load of running an offense or being the focal point of an offense. This is best proven by his complete lack of 4th Q Comebacks and game winning drives. These are situations that require an offense to move quickly through the air when the defense knows whats coming. The slow plodding run based offense is good when you're ahead, but if you cant pass the ball and engineer quick scores you are cooked when you fall behind.

Edited by Runninrams

Taylor's rankings in QB stats:

2015:

Comp% - 16th

Yards - 23rd

Y/A - 5th

Y/G - 29th

TD - 21st

Rating - 8th

Int% - 5th

4thQ Comebacks - 23rd

GW Drives - 23rd

2016:

Comp% - 19th

Yards - 25th

Y/A - 22nd

Y/G - 27th

TD - 24th

Rating - 18th

Int% - 8th

4thQ Comebacks - 26th

GW Drives - 26th

Picture is pretty clear here. 1st year they sheltered him and leaned on the run to cover for him (as you should) which explains the contradiction of a low Int%, high Y/A but very low Y/G, Yds and TD.

In 2016 they put more of the offense on him and he failed to produce. Y/G, Yds and TD stayed in the bottom 5-10 range, and his Y/A plummeted.

Taylor is a QB that can game stats like Rating and QBR, but in actuality is not a quality QB and is not able to shoulder the load of running an offense or being the focal point of an offense. This is best proven by his complete lack of 4th Q Comebacks and game winning drives. These are situations that require an offense to move quickly through the air when the defense knows whats coming. The slow plodding run based offense is good when you're ahead, but if you cant pass the ball and engineer quick scores you are cooked when you fall behind.

Some of those stats factor into my ranking, and rushing and sacks are also factored in because they are still contributions from the QB. Ignoring them does a disservice to several QBs that have wheels as part of their arsenal. If you go by traditional QB Rating he'd be 11th of the 27 Qualifying QBs, and I disagree with that. The stats I focused on were total attempts per game, yards per touch, TD%, and TO%. Tyrod came out 15th, and for the most part the overall order passes my eye test. Still looking at tweaking some of the math though depending on feedback from a few others.

Deshaun Watson earns rookie QB praise from O'Brien

Less than a week into training camp, has O'Brien finally found an answer? His enthusiasm for first-round quarterback Deshaun Watson appears to grow with each practice.

"Deshaun is ahead of any rookie quarterback I've ever been around," O'Brien said Tuesday following the team's latest camp session.

hmm and Mahomes is also looking good so far

Deshaun Watson earns rookie QB praise from O'Brien
Less than a week into training camp, has O'Brien finally found an answer? His enthusiasm for first-round quarterback Deshaun Watson appears to grow with each practice.
"Deshaun is ahead of any rookie quarterback I've ever been around," O'Brien said Tuesday following the team's latest camp session.
hmm and Mahomes is also looking good so far

We will regret passing on Watson.

If he has....it's not much. I'd say without exaggerating....99% of his posts are about Tyrod.

He created nearly 30 threads about Tyrod on BBMB last season.

It's not that he focuses on Tyrod it's that he focuses on QB, because that's what he likes to talk about. He did the same when EJ was QB. If that's what he likes to talk about then that's what he likes to talk about.

*McCoy

As a team we ran the ball more than any team in the league, no doubt. But are you honestly asking if something other than the QB was most responsible for the offense's success?

Hint: Tyrod's total attempts last year were 573. All other Bills players combined passing and rushing totaled 439 attempts.

*McCoy

TT is a big reason why the running game works so well. He has to be accounted for on every play.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/1/16075296/rooting-for-tyrod-taylor-to-fail

"Elsewhere on the site someone commented, essentially, that there is a contingent of Buffalo Bills fans who want to see Tyrod Taylor fail. This is kind of a head scratcher for me in that Taylor failing means that the Bills also fail. I've seen enough failure out of the Bills to be unwilling to see them fail in order to move on from a player or coach."

TT led the bills to the 7th highest scoring offense.

if Rex had led the defense to the 7th fewest points allowed.....

the bills would have made the playoffs and this conversation would look a whole lot different.

Buffalo was 10th in offensive scoring at 24.9

Buffalo was 16th in defensive scoring at 23.6

Buffalo was 10th in offensive scoring at 24.9

Buffalo was 16th in defensive scoring at 23.6

Defense averaged 33 points given up against the playoff teams. offense averaged 25 points against the playoff teams. Offense didn't turn the ball over. The defense only had 18 take aways. Not enough. And yet the team still ended up plus six due to the low turnover output of the offense. for the 1000th time, the offense in the passing game needs to be better, but the defense was the biggest problem in 2016.