The Tyrod Taylor Question

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

That was the conversation you jumped into the middle or end of.

Super annoying when people who jump into the end or middle of a conversation think it's their right to change the conversation completely.

Yes, sometimes this is exactly what I like to do, especially if one thing, and not the whole picture, is where the conversation began

I think the answer would be a resounding "YES!!!" for a select few in this very thread.

Do I need to?

I'm not interested in talking about the punter training camp competition or who our next kick returner is going to be.

I've made it very clear that QB is really the only position I'm interested in talking about. And Tyrod Taylor is our QB 0:)

So you really aren't interested in the 21 other starters? So Sammy Watkins, Micah Hyde, Marcel Dareus, Tre White etc....none of those guys are interesting in talking about?

Do I need to?

I'm not interested in talking about the punter training camp competition or who our next kick returner is going to be.

I've made it very clear that QB is really the only position I'm interested in talking about. And Tyrod Taylor is our QB 0:)

Personally when a poster only posts about one topic repeatedly and from a very firm stance one way or the other it makes me believe that it is about pushing an agenda.

I will be honest my view of you is the poster who will appear at the point anyone says anything in any thread that even implies criticism of Taylor to try and slap them down. If you engaged more generally on a range of topics across the board I am sure that view would change.

It is like if Kirby and I had only ever engaged on the Chris Hogan debate I'd just think of him as the Hogan hater. But I engage almost daily with him on a range of topics across the board agreeing sometimes and disagreeing others resulting in me actually thinking of him as one of our best, most thoughtful posters (and sorry to keep using that as my example Kirby but it is always the one that springs to mind!)

Of course what you discuss here is totally up to you... just giving you my view of how I and I am sure others percieve that at times. Not meaning it in an antagonistic way just explaining how it come across I am sure it is not intentional.

Edited by GunnerBill

Tyrod is the best QB available to us. if we have an opportunity to get a better QB then we should. if we don't then we keep playing him. sound like a good plan?

i think the only question is if we decide a way to get a better QB is to lose football games then do we not play him and when do we make that decision? we could start Yates and win 3 games and we are guaranteed to get one of the top 2 QB's coming out. is that person better than Tyrod? maybe. the best skill Tyrod has is his mobility. how many hits until he no longer possesses that trait? if he hurts his knee like RG3 and can't scramble is he going to win us any games as a pure pocket passer? probably not. the front office just has to make a call one way or the other. if they want to keep him then pay the man and put all of your confidence in him. if they don't then put Yates in there. if they don't know then they should be fired. they have been too wishy washy and there's too much uncertainty here. at this point in his career he is who he is. is that person the person you want at QB? make up your mind!!

Thank you :thumbsup:

Everyone has their line drawn in the sand when it comes to Tyrod. Nothing is going to change until the season plays out. It seems like you focus on people taking extreme positions just to further prove your point. It's why these threads go on for way too long. I'm guilty of it too.

So you really aren't interested in the 21 other starters? So Sammy Watkins, Micah Hyde, Marcel Dareus, Tre White etc....none of those guys are interesting in talking about?

Why does it honestly matter so much to you and others, apparently?

Do you actually want me to justify this?

I'm going to explain this one more time, QB is the position I enjoy talking about the most. I hope you read it, consider it, and stop hassling me about the fact that generally I only post in Taylor threads.

Yes, I'm a die-hard Bills fan and have been for approaching 3 decades now. And yes, I love other players on the team. Kyle Williams is one of my other favorite players. He's gone now, but I don't know if you remember when Freddy was on the team that I'd start other threads about him. I got into it a few times with a couple posters who are probably over here now about CJ vs. Freddy.

I still love Freddy and even had some fleeting hope he'd sign with the Bills again this offseason and try to battle it out and end his career in Buffalo.

I love McCoy and think he's maybe the most talented RB in the NFL right now.

The NFL is turning into another sport where players just move from team to team to team. But in general from team to team to team it's the QB who remains with different teams if he's good and so that's generally the position it's probably safest to become familiar with in terms of the player.

I don't just sit in front of my computer all day reading and responding to a whole bunch of different threads with one-liners because I'm busy either with business or play and don't feel like sitting there doing that. I don't have a smartphone as a daily phone so that's not an option as I'm sure some just check in at random points. Once the preseason starts I'll probably post more about other players, but I haven't seen anything from them.

When I get on this message board, I don't get on here planning to sit here forever. So I check to see if there are any startlingly fresh or new topics. When I don't, I come into the select few topics I've chosen to engage in, which are generally about Taylor because, again, that's the position I'm most interested in talking about because it's the most important position in all of sports. And I begin reading from where I last posted to the end of the thread. That's the reason I know some of my posts can come in an annoying "machine-gun" style because I sit here, read a post a few posts after my last post, respond to it, and then continue from that same post and do the same thing.

I understand that might be annoying, but sorry, I'm going to read the thread sequentially and respond to posts I feel warrant a response. I try holding my tongue now especially with certain posters, but I'll probably still post 3-5 posts in a row.

That is at least in part my reasoning for posting the way I do.

Personally when a poster only posts about one topic repeatedly and from a very firm stance one way or the other it makes me believe that it is about pushing an agenda.

I will be honest my view of you is the poster who will appear at the point anyone says anything in any thread that even implies criticism of Taylor to try and slap them down. If you engaged more generally on a range of topics across the board I am sure that view would change.

It is like if Kirby and I had only ever engaged on the Chris Hogan debate I'd just think of him as the Hogan hater. But I engage almost daily with him on a range of topics across the board agreeing sometimes and disagreeing others resulting in me actually thinking of him as one of our best, most thoughtful posters (and sorry to keep using that as my example Kirby but it is always the one that springs to mind!)

Of course what you discuss here is totally up to you... just giving you my view of how I and I am sure others percieve that at times. Not meaning it in an antagonistic way just explaining how it come across I am sure it is not intentional.

As I just said above, I'm not going to spread my discussion (and time) to other topics I'm not as interested in talking about just in order to change some general perception of me.

I don't worry anymore about Tyrod I'm over him because to worry would mean we have a real chance at the playoffs with Tyrod which is something I don't think is possible.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we get more then 4 wins with him this season.

I am more worried about next years draft that this staff is bold and smart enough to go all in on drafting a QB round one. I am more worried they will get the same shell shock and hard headed like Chan had with pushing Fitz. For Fitz we can win with him and now all these teams later teams still can't win with him, zero playoffs, the same fate Tyrod will have.Just not good enough.

Edited by xRUSHx

I don't worry anymore about Tyrod I'm over him because to worry would mean we have a real chance at the playoffs with Tyrod which is something I don't think is possible.

I am more worried about next years draft that this staff is bold and smart enough to go all in on drafting a QB round one. I am more worried they will get the same shell shock and hard headed like Chan had with pushing Fitz. For Fitz we can win with him and now all these teams later teams still can't win with him, zero playoffs, the same fate Tyrod will have.Just not good enough.

So

"your not worried"

but

"you are worried"

:)

See I'm more worried that if this staff chose to keep tyrod and then proceeds to make him worse in the system what do we do going forward? If these guys make tyrod worse they need to be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So

"your not worried"

but

"you are worried"

:)

Ha, yeah I guess so, just not worried about Tyrod. He's not good enough so there is nothing to worry about, he is what he is. Edited by xRUSHx

See I'm more worried that if this staff chose to keep tyrod and then proceeds to make him worse in the system what do we do going forward? If these guys make tyrod worse they need to be fired. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See now this is another thing to worry about and that is a entirely new staff again if this one fails trying to embrace the last staffs failed starter as the proven starter. It's why many of us wanted this new staff to move away from Tyrod year 1 and have a fresh start but instead they stayed with him to open up this type of criticism. Many feel if they can't match what Rex did with Tyrod why did they even bother changing staffs.

History likes to repeat itself in Buffalo, sure looks alot like the Chan era all over again. We can go to the playoffs with Fitz, guess what no you cant.Sadly we have to watch the same thing all over again with McD and Tyrod, another lost season for fans. Fingers crossed a franchise worthy QB is drafted In round 1 next season for a future to dream about and a Bills team I can be proud of otherwise we have to wait on the next staff to start all over again, maybe 2021 we will see a team pushing for a wild card if a new staff is what is needed after they finally go all in on a early drafted QB.

Edited by xRUSHx

Tyrod Taylor, discuss.....

Top 22 QB good enough to win games but generally not going to win the game for you all by himself. Extremely gifted athlete and is very quick to leave the pocket

Good deep ball

Within the right system he can play admirably and put up pretty good stats

Top 22 QB good enough to win games but generally not going to win the game for you all by himself. Extremely gifted athlete and is very quick to leave the pocket

Good deep ball

Within the right system he can play admirably and put up pretty good stats

it should be that simple.

Lets just wait and see what this season brings.

I mean really, what option are there anyways?

Roll with it and root for the laundry Folks