Nice Holmes news per Rumblings

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he ends up being the suprise guy it wont be much of a suprise to me

Living in Raider territory I have seen a lot of him.....he isnt just a jump ball guy like Justin Hunter....this guy is better then Justin Hunter

Agreed, much better than Hunter and is a leader on special teams. One of the best gunners in the league.

There's a number of things to like about Holmes. He's a big dude at 6-5. Outside of the TE position, the Bills really haven't had a receiver that big since the bust that was James Hardy. He is a veteran as well. He was coming into his own 3 years ago when the Raiders drafted Cooper and added Crabtree in free agency. As long as Watkins is healthy, I don't see him as anything more than a 600-700 yard receiver at most with Tyrod throwing the ball. None the less, there's a lot to like about having a couple of big receivers in him and Jones to go with Sammy.

Yeah, im not sure why reports say he's penciled in at #3 behind Sammy n Zay. I've said all along that he should be #2 and play the rookie in the slot this year. It will give them both the best opportunity to contribute right away.With his size, he will be a great redzone threat. And playing Jones in the slot againt nickelbacks and lbers should be a win for us on most days.

To all of you that have watched him before - how are his downfield blocking skills? I would imagine he'd be at least OK there since he has good ST skills and rep.

I hope we don't miss any of that with Woods being gone. Woods was a baller in the run game and in downfield blocking on pass plays.

Yeah, im not sure why reports say he's penciled in at #3 behind Sammy n Zay. I've said all along that he should be #2 and play the rookie in the slot this year. It will give them both the best opportunity to contribute right away.With his size, he will be a great redzone threat. And playing Jones in the slot againt nickelbacks and lbers should be a win for us on most days.

Yes, this exactly. And with a vet OC with a ring no less, I think this can happen.

Yes but the important question is will he pass Jeffismagic's eyeball test?

:lol:

has there been a doom and gloom bunch because of Maclin

now that's hilarious. Glad I avoided that non sense

I'm disappointed we didn't get Maclin, but I am far from being doom & gloom about it.

The thought of having Maclin added to this group sounded great.

As for Holmes, I'm not surprised that he is standing out. He was in the background with the Raiders, and now has a chance to show something.

I've always thought that he would be our #2 WR, not Zay Jones.

I've been saying all along that Holmes is the replacement for Woods at a quarter the price.

This is one guy who was probably pretty (quietly) happy that Maclin went elsewhere.

For sure.

To all of you that have watched him before - how are his downfield blocking skills? I would imagine he'd be at least OK there since he has good ST skills and rep.

I hope we don't miss any of that with Woods being gone. Woods was a baller in the run game and in downfield blocking on pass plays.

He is a good blocker. He isn't quite Robert Woods but he is willing and reasonably able.

You could leave the rook at #2 and then throw him in the slot during 3 WR sets too tho!