Nice Holmes news per Rumblings

You could leave the rook at #2 and then throw him in the slot during 3 WR sets too tho!

thats true. And probably likely as the season wears on. I think he can be a good boundry receiver in time. But knowing McD, he may have to earn thay spot over the vet who has really impressed thus far. Not to mention the "learning curve" he will likely go thru early on...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats true. And probably likely as the season wears on. I think he can be a good boundry receiver in time. But knowing McD, he may have to earn thay spot over the vet who has really impressed thus far. Not to mention the "learning curve" he will likely go thru early on...

Hes def gonna have to earn it. I doubt McD jus gonna hand out starting spots like that. Hopin hes a baller when the lights go on in Sept tho.

There's a number of things to like about Holmes. He's a big dude at 6-5. Outside of the TE position, the Bills really haven't had a receiver that big since the bust that was James Hardy. He is a veteran as well. He was coming into his own 3 years ago when the Raiders drafted Cooper and added Crabtree in free agency. As long as Watkins is healthy, I don't see him as anything more than a 600-700 yard receiver at most with Tyrod throwing the ball. None the less, there's a lot to like about having a couple of big receivers in him and Jones to go with Sammy.

Don't you think it's telling that the Raiders drafted Cooper and signed Crabtree when they had Holmes? Like they didn't have confidence in him?

I just remember my friends who are Raiders fans complaining about him dropping balls.

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

Don't you think it's telling that the Raiders drafted Cooper and signed Crabtree when they had Holmes? Like they didn't have confidence in him?

I just remember my friends who are Raiders fans complaining about him dropping balls.

I look at it like it was tough circumstances. The Raiders had a lousy O-line and just lousy offense in general in 2014 (holmes last year mostly starting).

They replaced james jones with crabtree on a 1yr prove-it deal, and had the 4th overall pick. The top 2 were QBs so you basically get one of the best non-qbs in the entire draft. Would his numbers have improved if they hadn't selected cooper or brought in crabtree? Probably - but they did and they stayed healthy so his snaps went massively down, and he clearly isn't suited for the slot.

Assuming he played well on teams that shows to me that they valued his depth. He's still relatively young, and was a UDFA so its a hard road to even making a roster in that situation.

Would I like to see more production out of our projected #2/3? Yes. Is he a buy-low possibly high upside kind of guy? Sure.

What is his ryanlblitz pantsing number? Does he pants or get pantsed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 6'5 he will definetly pants some cornerbacks.

Just you wait...was very pleased when the Bills picked up Homes. He will beast this year....8 TDs, mostly in the RZ.

Agree but put me down for 6tds

You could leave the rook at #2 and then throw him in the slot during 3 WR sets too tho!

I can imagine that we might see both outside and in the slot. That would keep the DCs guessing.

The thought of a big and a very big receiver in the slot is intriguing. The big question remains...can Tyrod get the ball to them.

I also think that this, along with Sammy, will open things up for Clay and O'Leary to do some damage.

I can imagine that we might see both outside and in the slot. That would keep the DCs guessing.

The thought of a big and a very big receiver in the slot is intriguing. The big question remains...can Tyrod get the ball to them.

I also think that this, along with Sammy, will open things up for Clay and O'Leary to do some damage.

Don't forget Shady.

Good find, but ... Trump hands!

"Holmes is a unique talent at 64 and 210 pounds. His 6.69 three-cone time at the 2011 combine is exactly what Odell Beckham Jr. clocked at the combine three years later despite weighing 12 pounds less and being five inches shorter. Holmes has 4.51 speed. Robert Woods ran a 4.51 in his 40-yard dash at the 2013 combine. To get a gauge on his explosiveness capabilities, Holmes broad jump of 130 was only two inches shorter than Marquise Goodwins. Lastly, Holmes vertical of 35 was the same as the 510, 199-pound Golden Tates.

Strangely, Holmes has 8 5/8 hands, which places him in the 8th percentile among receivers at the combine since 1999."

Also, this piece on hand size is pretty darn interesting: https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/7794/do-small-hands-doom-a-wide-receiver-in-the-nfl

Edited by dave mcbride

It's June...

I don't care what Holmes is doing now, lets see what he does in Sept.

I swear, Bills fans continually fall for this stuff every year.

July, August, and beginning of September with the start of the regular season will be the true measure of what he'll be.

I know, right?

I mean there's guys on here reading threads about a WR who's looking good and posts over 6,700 times on a Bills board about crap like this. Amazing!

Lol.

It truly is amazing.