Nice Holmes news per Rumblings

I get to play the devils advocate and be the lone wolf here, I don't mind the signing, and I like his height, and that he's been a healthy contributor, but I'm also not buying the off season hype, IMO he's a solid legit NFL #4 WR, and by getting signed with team with WR issues he has a rare opportunity to get more snaps than he should

Besides, there's a reason the Raiders went out and got two better WR's and allowed him to slip on the 4th on the depth chart, and then didn't try to re-sign him, and there's a reason why we tried to sign Macklin, because neither our Bills or Raiders see him as anything more than he is, depth not a starter, regardless of coach speak and fan, media, and Bills app camp hype

If he can replicate Hogan's old production I'll be thrilled, but I am not expecting much more, sure I don't disagree than any NFL player can play beyond expectations if given a chance, I'm still not buying the projection that Holmes is anything more than a solid 4th, sorry, and I'm betting he's not even on our roster come 2020

jc

For the most part I agree. I also think he was a victim of circumstances with Oakland. They brought in their rookie QB, and whats the best way to improve one - oline and WRs. They used a ton of money to build the line, and then signed crabtree and Cooper fell right to them. If they don't sign Crabtree - he probably starts the last 2 years. If they don't draft cooper - same thing.

Worked out well for us - in any case. He's super cheap. If hes good - great. If hes not - hes gone.

Edited by dneveu

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get to play the devils advocate and be the lone wolf here, I don't mind the signing, and I like his height, and that he's been a healthy contributor, but I'm also not buying the off season hype, IMO he's a solid legit NFL #4 WR, and by getting signed with team with WR issues he has a rare opportunity to get more snaps than he should

Besides, there's a reason the Raiders went out and got two better WR's and allowed him to slip on the 4th on the depth chart, and then didn't try to re-sign him, and there's a reason why we tried to sign Macklin, because neither our Bills or Raiders see him as anything more than he is, depth not a starter, regardless of coach speak and fan, media, and Bills app camp hype

If he can replicate Hogan's old production I'll be thrilled, but I am not expecting much more, sure I don't disagree than any NFL player can play beyond expectations if given a chance, I'm still not buying the projection that Holmes is anything more than a solid 4th, sorry, and I'm betting he's not even on our roster come 2020

jc

Holmes isn't a top-2 WR. Hence the reason the Raiders went out and got them. But his production can match what the Bills lost with their previous #2 WR in Robert Woods. Hopefully Zay Jones becomes a true #2 WR.

jc

I think Holmes can be a very good number 3 guy......

The important thing to remember is it really is all about Sammy Watkins......if this guy is a stud for us like he is SUPPOSED to be then the trickle down effect through the rest of the wide receiver core should be really really evident........Zay will get a lot of catches because he is a production machine......Holmes will look good because he is not double covered......and veteran guys like Phili Brown or Tate end up making plays as well because they are the "im not the focus of the offense" thing going.

Its all about Sammy

Holmes isn't a top-2 WR. Hence the reason the Raiders went out and got them. But his production can match what the Bills lost with their previous #2 WR in Robert Woods. Hopefully Zay Jones becomes a true #2 WR.

I think Holmes can be a very good number 3 guy......

The important thing to remember is it really is all about Sammy Watkins......if this guy is a stud for us like he is SUPPOSED to be then the trickle down effect through the rest of the wide receiver core should be really really evident........Zay will get a lot of catches because he is a production machine......Holmes will look good because he is not double covered......and veteran guys like Phili Brown or Tate end up making plays as well because they are the "im not the focus of the offense" thing going.

Its all about Sammy

Strong points and I agree