Not needed a top corner in McDermott D is a myth

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When McDermott had his most success he had Josh Norman. Last year he didn't have Norman and his D was was sub-par at best. Losing Gilmore may come back to bite us.

They also lacked a pash rush that they were used too.

We don't need a guy that hates to tackle. No loss with him gone

_-----------------------

Even though he had the tools to be a top flight corner Gilmore just never embraced Buffalo. He did not want to be here and played with no heart at all. Just waited out his time for a payday. What makes me upset is when a FA goes for the jackpot he usually lands on a desperate team overpaying for players. Not only did he Rob us of quality years but now he gets rewarded with a monster contract on a monster team. Bums like him don't deserve that kind of good fortune. I've grown to dislike him very much.

When McDermott had his most success he had Josh Norman. Last year he didn't have Norman and his D was was sub-par at best. Losing Gilmore may come back to bite us.

Losing a really good cb is never a good thing. The hope is the BG's defense is less idiotic than Rex's defense and doesn't confuse all the players.

They felt the drop off from Gilmore to another option wasn't that much, and that he wasn't worth the contract he got.

Will there be a drop off, sure there will be likely. But not a $12 million a year dropoff

Edited by matter2003

the myth of josh norman is amazing. gilmore is twice the level of norman. james bradberry, daryl worley, beniwerkekrekrekeeeeee, and the other dude who hasn't been great yet in carolina that was also a rookie were all equal or better than norman in his first 2-3 years. carolina drafted 3 freaking rookies last year to try to fill the cornerback spot. they would probably have drafted two if they kept norman.

Carolinas defense was ranked #2 by total yardage and #3 DVOA in 2013 when Norman only played in 7 games...started zero.

josh norman was a flash in the pan that took off through the scheme and coaching.

this thread is ripe to reach a level of quality that many others don't.

Saw a trusted report sometime surrounding Whaley's firing saying that McDermott was pissed off at Whaley for letting Gilmore go. Especially considering where he landed. fwiw

eh. lest us not look back into the past. look to the future, and Stephon getting trucked by Tolbert

Gilmore is soft or was soft for the bills he always seemed like a top corner giving half effort. He would grab and hold he would avoid contact. He is a good player but I'm glad we didn't over pay for someone who showed little heart for the bills

So we dont think that the loss of their MLB to concussions has anything to do with? He is pretty much their star player.

IMO.....Darby offsets the loss of Gilmore.....there were times when Darby actually outplayed Gilmore in that first year. Behind them we drafted a a 1st round corner and then brought in several veterans.

_-----------------------

Even though he had the tools to be a top flight corner Gilmore just never embraced Buffalo. He did not want to be here and played with no heart at all. Just waited out his time for a payday. What makes me upset is when a FA goes for the jackpot he usually lands on a desperate team overpaying for players. Not only did he Rob us of quality years but now he gets rewarded with a monster contract on a monster team. Bums like him don't deserve that kind of good fortune. I've grown to dislike him very much.

Agree with you about his head and heart never really being here. I think it was obvious to many that he wasn't thrilled with being drafted by the Bills, however, I fully expected his passion and love for the game to help him blossom into the lockdown, island corner we felt he had the potential to be. He is honestly the first Bills player that I can think of that we drafted who never gave it his all, and who always seemed like he had one foot out the door already. It definitely makes me resent him for that...

I hope his first week of the season he comes down with a horrible case of C-Diff, and maybe one or 12 teammates get it as well....

Agree with you about his head and heart never really being here. I think it was obvious to many that he wasn't thrilled with being drafted by the Bills, however, I fully expected his passion and love for the game to help him blossom into the lockdown, island corner we felt he had the potential to be. He is honestly the first Bills player that I can think of that we drafted who never gave it his all, and who always seemed like he had one foot out the door already. It definitely makes me resent him for that...

I hope his first week of the season he comes down with a horrible case of C-Diff, and maybe one or 12 teammates get it as well....

I really dont want to talk badly about Gilmore (even though he is now the enemy and I hope Watkins torches him all day long)

The fact of the matter is I have seen Gilmore flat out give up on plays.....and not tackle when it meant sacrificing his body........

That always concerned me.....like he wasnt giving us everything he had as a player which was a considerable amount

I fully expect to see Darby get torced at times this year and think "Gilmore wouldnt have given that up"....I am bracing for it

When McDermott had his most success he had Josh Norman. Last year he didn't have Norman and his D was was sub-par at best. Losing Gilmore may come back to bite US.

Why do you use the term US when you clearly aren't.