Should the Bills trade Tyrod?

The fan base seems to be divided on whether Tyrod is a playoff-caliber QB.

I think one thing is clear to everyone: he's not the long-term answer for this coaching staff.

Yeah, That!

I think that if TT can get a couple (tow three) solid wins against teams with playoff-caliber QB's then that mindset would change (for most everyone)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posters here who think Taylor sucks but want to trade him so the Bills can tank the season are talking out of both sides of their mouths. Sounds more like they are worried Taylor, with improved defense, will lead the Bills to the playoffs. That is really their nightmare scenario.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Posters here who think Taylor sucks but want to trade him so the Bills can tank the season are talking out of both sides of their mouths. Sounds more like they are worried Taylor, with improved defense, will lead the Bills to the playoffs. That is really their nightmare scenario.

No doubt there are at least a handful of people who absolutely fear that. These are generally the type of people who will be miserable no matter what. More people complain about Tyrod than Jordan Mills. That should tell you something about their football IQ.

only been on here a couple of weeks now and this post along with your "its obvious they are tanking" one on the previous page are 2 of the poorest ive seen yet I think. there were no free agents that were upgrades..... and taylors winning record has been in spite of the defense and their ineptitude over 2 seasons. if somebody has watched this offseason shake out and all they gleaned from it so far is that we are in tank mode... well that's just downright comical. just silly.

if somebody had come to you before the 16 season started and said "the bills will have the 7th ranked scoring offense and record low 9 TO's through 16 weeks" you would have taken that ALL DAY EVERYDAY. there are so many things to point towards on the bills for a lack luster season. taylor and the offense are pretty darn low on that list.

the only think tanking here are your posts from the last couple pages.... just wow. so friggin bad...

SO BAD.

Why don't you come to the home opener so we can discuss this in person, tough guy?

lol. already booked, bruh...

where exactly i was talking "tough", i dunno. but whatever floats your boat, man.

Yeah. I got your "bruh." You'll see.

I'm worried we'll go 8-8, 7-9 again and not get a good QB prospect next season.

Taylor is not good enough to carry this team to the playoffs. I think the defense will improve but not enough to where it will be dominant.

Two big FA signing and hopefully two high 1st rd picks next year and we can fast track this rebuild. If Peterson or Cardale are even playing close to the level of Taylor they need to start. If Taylor starts off with a 2-5 record he needs to be benched and one of the younger QB's should get some playing time.

Taylor is not good enough to carry this team to the playoffs. I think the defense will improve but not enough to where it will be dominant.

Two big FA signing and hopefully two high 1st rd picks next year and we can fast track this rebuild. If Peterson or Cardale are even playing close to the level of Taylor they need to start. If Taylor starts off with a 2-5 record he needs to be benched and one of the younger QB's should get some playing time.

I don't want to nitpick but if Brock Osweiler / Tom Savage, Ryan Tannehill / Matt Moore and Alex Smith are good enough to carry a team to the playoffs so is Tyrod. He has been better than all 5 of those guys over the last 2 years. That doesnt mean he can carry you to a Super Bowl but you can go to the playoffs with the NFL's 7th highest scoring offense.

Just had this idea stem from the "Peterman will be our starter" thread. Crazy as it is, the Bills are essentially a new team with the FO changes, and Tyrod isn't their future.

I bet a team like Denver would be interested. Vance Joseph was himself an option QB in college. He coaches under Kubiak in Houston, who was always a fan of Tyrod, so I'm sure Joseph has heard good things.

All Denver has at QB is Siemian, Lynch, and Kelly. They could upgrade and be in position to push for AFCC right now.

Would you like the Bills to trade Tyrod? Do you think it's possible? Why? Why not? What team do you think would be a good fit?

They have Kelly why would they want TT ?

Trade him to the jets, niners, browns

No doubt there are at least a handful of people who absolutely fear that. These are generally the type of people who will be miserable no matter what. More people complain about Tyrod than Jordan Mills. That should tell you something about their football IQ.

Truer words have never been spoken. Spot on, great posts by both of you. What I bolded might be the single greatest analogy ever written on this board. Big Kudos.

GO BILLS. GO TAYLOR. GO McD. F the Chiefs.

Edited by Alphadawg7

They have Kelly why would they want TT ?

Trade him to the jets, niners, browns

No idea why this did not cross my mind.... :wacko:

To be serious, though, it seems like they value above-average mobility in their QB...

Tyrod is our guy in 2017 until beaten out by Peterman. I don't see that happening just yet. Not saying it can't, just that Tyrod being near his prime and entering his 7th year has a slight edge. He has a stronger arm, is quicker footed, is faster, has proven he doesn't turn the ball over in the NFL. He's played .500 on Rex Ryan coached teams. Now give him a better coach, and I think he's only going to do better.

Tyrod is our guy in 2017 until beaten out by Peterman. I don't see that happening just yet. Not saying it can't, just that Tyrod being near his prime and entering his 7th year has a slight edge. He has a stronger arm, is quicker footed, is faster, has proven he doesn't turn the ball over in the NFL. He's played .500 on Rex Ryan coached teams. Now give him a better coach, and I think he's only going to do better.

Do you really consider the above only a slight edge? It looks pretty substantial to me.

Oh good more Tyrod Taylor circe jerking. Can you say "crusade"?

Nobody, not even Gugny or whatever Ryan is calling himself these days thinks that Tyrod Taylor is a worse Quarterback than Jordan Mills is a right tackle. It is just that Quarterback is the most important position on the team and of the 22 offensive and defensive staters right tackle is lower than halfway up the importance list. A poor right tackle won't keep you out of the playoffs - see Seahawks, Seattle. I will be clear I don't think Tyrod keeps you out of the playoffs either - Tyrodball backed up by a defense is a wildcard team in my mind.... it just isn't a true championship contender - the quickest way to that is a franchise Quarterback and until you have one you should keep looking.

The Bills clearly are not intentionally tanking. If they were they'd have let Tyrod walk. There is no chance we tank with Tyrod he will maintain too many drives with his escapability, make too many big plays and limit disastrous turnovers - we will be in our usual 6-9 win window again. He is the best option to start in 2017 for a Bills team trying to win this year and on the re-negotiated contract it is a no-brainer to have him here. I am not "worried" that Tyrod and an improved defense leads us to the playoffs. Nothing would delight me more. I am not sure it is going to happen this year though.

Oh good more Tyrod Taylor circe jerking. Can you say "crusade"?

Nobody, not even Gugny or whatever Ryan is calling himself these days thinks that Tyrod Taylor is a worse Quarterback than Jordan Mills is a right tackle. It is just that Quarterback is the most important position on the team and of the 22 offensive and defensive staters right tackle is lower than halfway up the importance list. A poor right tackle won't keep you out of the playoffs - see Seahawks, Seattle. I will be clear I don't think Tyrod keeps you out of the playoffs either - Tyrodball backed up by a defense is a wildcard team in my mind.... it just isn't a true championship contender - the quickest way to that is a franchise Quarterback and until you have one you should keep looking.

The Bills clearly are not intentionally tanking. If they were they'd have let Tyrod walk. There is no chance we tank with Tyrod he will maintain too many drives with his escapability, make too many big plays and limit disastrous turnovers - we will be in our usual 6-9 win window again. He is the best option to start in 2017 for a Bills team trying to win this year and on the re-negotiated contract it is a no-brainer to have him here. I am not "worried" that Tyrod and an improved defense leads us to the playoffs. Nothing would delight me more. I am not sure it is going to happen this year though.

Which is why a GM in charge of this team would have made more sense that a coach trying to Jauron his way to 7.

He signed to a more team-friendly contract. He's totally trade bait. If the right deal comes along, I think the FO would pull the trigger. It would work out perfectly if one of the backups is looking good in camp/preseason and then Carson Palmer gets injured. AZ wants Tyrod and the Bills could spin it easily. That would be interesting.

Which is why a GM in charge of this team would have made more sense that a coach trying to Jauron his way to 7.

Nah...Did Jauron ever stockpile 2 firsts in the same draft? This FO seems like they're ready to make a big, but calculated move. Despite what you think, getting Mahomes at 10 would not have been a good move.

Correct....can't have Buffalo teams make the playoffs. Who would the Pegulas fire?

He signed to a more team-friendly contract. He's totally trade bait. If the right deal comes along, I think the FO would pull the trigger. It would work out perfectly if one of the backups is looking good in camp/preseason and then Carson Palmer gets injured. AZ wants Tyrod and the Bills could spin it easily. That would be interesting.

Nah...Did Jauron ever stockpile 2 firsts in the same draft? This FO seems like they're ready to make a big, but calculated move. Despite what you think, getting Mahomes at 10 would not have been a good move.

Not all 1sts are created equal. Bills had a top ten pick and turned that into a late first, a third (which they then promptly gave away to fill a need), and what projects by Vegas to be another late first next year.

Not all 1sts are created equal. Bills had a top ten pick and turned that into a late first, a third (which they then promptly gave away to fill a need), and what projects by Vegas to be another late first next year.

2 > 1