Should the Bills trade Tyrod?

I don't hate the tank idea but don't love it either. Tyrod is a solid NFL starter and you may get some value if a starter goes down. Bradford brought more than a 1st in camp last year and he had been a worse QB than Tyrod for much of his career. How about Arizona if Palmer goes down (or Arizona anyways)?

I prefer to see what the new coaching can do. The offense is good and has a chance to be great.

Solid starter? can we get a win vs a winning team before we start on the solid starter stuff.

And by winning team i dont mean pats with their hurt 3rd string qb,

that just doesnt count.

Mccoy carried the offense, end of story. If they want to tank, get rid of of lesean

and they finish with 2 or 3 wins next season.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid starter? can we get a win vs a winning team before we start on the solid starter stuff.

that just doesnt count.

Mccoy carried the offense, end of story. If they want to tank, get rid of of lesean

He has a record of 15-14. Bradford's record before the aforementioned trade was 25-37-1. I'm not sure I'm following your point? Edited by Kirby Jackson

He has a record of 15-14. Bradford's record before the aforementioned trade was 25-37-1. I'm not sure I'm following your point?

Bradford sucks. I blows my mind that people think he is anything but a bad NFL starting qb. He is a younger, less athletic Alex Smith.

that just doesnt count.

IMHO, by "solid starter," people tend to mean that a guy is easily in the top 32 QBs in the league.

Whether or not your whole team can beat a good team has little to do with that.

By that definition anyway, Tyrod is absolutely and without question a solid starter. Yeah, he has more to prove, especially after last year's regression. Teams are looking for more than a solid starter. They want a guy in the top 10 or 12 QBs.

In any case, wins is not a QB stat, it's a team stat. QBs should be judged by how well they play QB.

Bradford sucks. I blows my mind that people think he is anything but a bad NFL starting qb. He is a younger, less athletic Alex Smith.

Alex Smith is a good QB. A team can win a Super Bowl with him.

Bradford last year completed 71.6% of his passes, had 20 TDs and 5 INTs and a passer rating of 99.3. He's a good QB too.

Smith and Bradford when he's playing well are both sort of in the very good game manager with real upside category.

middle of the pack

7-9? Bottom of the middle of the pack.

Edited by Thurman#1

IMHO, by "solid starter," people tend to mean that a guy is easily in the top 32 QBs in the league.

Whether or not your whole team can beat a good team has little to do with that.

By that definition anyway, Tyrod is absolutely and without question a solid starter. Yeah, he has more to prove, especially after last year's regression. Teams are looking for more than a solid starter. They want a guy in the top 10 or 12 QBs.

In any case, wins is not a QB stat, it's a team stat. QBs should be judged by how well they play QB.

Alex Smith is a good QB. A team can win a Super Bowl with him.

Bradford last year completed 71.6% of his passes, had 20 TDs and 5 INTs and a passer rating of 99.3. He's a good QB too.

Smith and Bradford when he's playing well are both sort of in the very good game manager with real upside category.

7-9? Bottom of the middle of the pack.

Smith doesn't lose you games but he rarely is the reason you win. Even the Chiefs know he isn't good enough and that's why they made a big move to get a guy, which has potential to be a great move for them.

And Bradford is the definition of stats not telling the whole story. No D.C. Fears Bradford. Good qbs don't play on their 3rd team before they turn 30. He's not terrible but he is a better version of captain checkdown, who set a completion % record for 2nd year qbs. Completely meaningless.

Smith doesn't lose you games but he rarely is the reason you win. Even the Chiefs know he isn't good enough and that's why they made a big move to get a guy, which has potential to be a great move for them.

And Bradford is the definition of stats not telling the whole story. No D.C. Fears Bradford. Good qbs don't play on their 3rd team before they turn 30. He's not terrible but he is a better version of captain checkdown, who set a completion % record for 2nd year qbs. Completely meaningless.

You just did a pretty good job at describing Tyrod Taylor!

Edited by Gugny

Can we trade the posters who keep starting threads about QB changes that aren't happening?

We are not trading TT.

We are not trading for Hundley.

We are not trading for any other QB.

Watson is not a Bill, nor was he ever going to be.

Mahomes is not a Bill, nor was he ever going to be.

Trubisky is not a Bill, nor was he ever going to be.

Time to move on, whether you like him or not, he's the QB this year. Next year is a different story. He either earns the job moving forward on the field this year or he falters and we need to see if one of our young guys shows anything or we use our 2 firsts next year to go get our next guy.

Can we trade the posters who keep starting threads about QB changes that aren't happening?

We are not trading TT.

We are not trading for Hundley.

We are not trading for any other QB.

Watson is not a Bill, nor was he ever going to be.

Mahomes is not a Bill, nor was he ever going to be.

Trubisky is not a Bill, nor was he ever going to be.

Time to move on, whether you like him or not, he's the QB this year. Next year is a different story. He either earns the job moving forward on the field this year or he falters and we need to see if one of our young guys shows anything or we use our 2 firsts next year to go get our next guy.

I would venture to say that he is the qb for the next 2 years....and that is if he DOESNT have a good year.

You know what folks....he could in fact have a good year.

that just doesnt count.

I don't get this. pats fans, as well as analysts from around the league were riding high when the pats were 3-0. stating "they can win with anyone", "the hoodie is a genius"..."plug and play system blah blah". then when they get shutout by TT and company (after shutting out the texans a week prior), it doesn't count? ok.

@spotrac

Tyrod Taylors restructured contract dropped his 2018 dead cap figure w/ the #Bills from $17.7M to $8.6M.

The Cost to Cut or Trade your Quarterback

http://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/the-cost-to-cut-or-trade-your-quarterback-631/

Nice. Good info.

So, at ~$11 mil cost to trade before the 2017 season, Tyrod is right at the average for starting QBs.

that just doesnt count.

Bills are 3-2 without McCoy. 0-3 when TT is not playing. Didn't the Bills beat the Jets twice in 2015, Houston, Colts. They should have beat Miami the second game in 2016 if the defense/ST weren't terrible.

Bills are 3-2 without McCoy. 0-3 when TT is not playing. Didn't the Bills beat the Jets twice in 2015, Houston, Colts. They should have beat Miami the second game in 2016 if the defense/ST weren't terrible.

This logic...is awful. Just brutal. I'm not going to go into how bad it is because I'm pretty sure it'd be lost on you, but wow.

This logic...is awful. Just brutal. I'm not going to go into how bad it is because I'm pretty sure it'd be lost on you, but wow.

logic for you-15 wins was a team win. 14 losses are all on TT.

By the way, Taylor is a big reason why the running game was as good as it was.

I don't get this. pats fans, as well as analysts from around the league were riding high when the pats were 3-0. stating "they can win with anyone", "the hoodie is a genius"..."plug and play system blah blah". then when they get shutout by TT and company (after shutting out the texans a week prior), it doesn't count? ok.

Helen Keller was the name I recall being thrown around.

A W is a W is a W. They all count the same.

Helen Keller was the name I recall being thrown around.

A W is a W is a W. They all count the same.

Now if the Bills can just count higher than 8 with TT at QB ...