Should the Bills trade Tyrod?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quarterback depth is better than last year and past seasons by a long shot, but not good enough to trade Taylor. If you trade him you have someone in Yates who will never be more than a backup and two recent mid round picks with little to no experience. If this year does not work out, than maybe, but this team seems determined to be a contender this year.

Thanks for telling Bill Bellyache what we're going to be doing this year Richie.

Yes, because our offense - with a QB who can't pass - hasn't been painfully predictable for the last couple years.

Trod could be the future , I'm sure Dennison and McDermott have a detailed vision for Taylor.

He doesn't turn the ball over and got dealt a terrible hand last year with Sammy and Woods dinged up and very little depth or familiarity with the WR. As well as a super inconsistent defense.

He's going into year 3 only. If Sammy and Zay stay on the field and the D improves like it should, Taylor could be lethal imo. Unless were tradinghim for a better qb option, I wouldn't consider it.

. @68INCOGNITO: We've established an identity, run the football, it's gonna be a run first approach & I'm also excited to have Tyrod back

Thanks for telling Bill Bellyache what we're going to be doing this year Richie.

Incognito is part of the Bills dissembling campaign. Next I hear he is going to terrorize the Pat* Directory of Spying,

Incognito is part of the Bills dissembling campaign. Next I hear he is going to terrorize the Pat* Directory of Spying,

Maybe we're trying to lull them into a false sense of security and THEN unleash our new high powered pass offense disguised as a run offense on them.

I think that might actually work.

Edited by reddogblitz

Our OC wanted him in Denver 2 years ago, when we won the bidding war for him then. I think he will thrive more under the new system. He definitely deserves more time to prove himself, heck it took Rich Gannon 10 years to start lighting up the league. That being said he needs to throw more accurate and actually start hitting back shoulder throws to thrive, even with his legs. I hope he succeeds and I want to love him. Then there's the part of me that has watched Bills football since '76 and remember saying the same about JP Losman and EJ.

No.

1) need. Bills renegotiated w/ Tyrod because they didn't believe there was a QB they could draft who would be able to step in and start. That need still there.

(If KC were confident about Mahomes in this regard, they wouldn't have paid Alex Smith a $2M roster bonus this year)

2) value. The Bills have something like $9.8M of bonus money tied up in Taylor. Trading him and eating that $$ would be a great value for the receiving team and stupid for the Bills