Should the Bills trade Tyrod?

The Bills have a winning record when he starts.

That doesn't mean he won any games. You know this, Kirby.

That guy is responsible for wins like Tebow was responsible for getting Denver to the playoffs.

Oh, so they won but he didn't? He has 47 TDs and 12 INTs in 29 games but didn't help in the wins? Come on Gug, that's beyond ridiculous and you know that. He's a middle of the road starting QB. The EXACT type of guy you don't play if you want to tank. It's Tannehill, Dalton and Alex Smith. You can't bottom out with those guys. If you want to bottom out you should have declined Tyrod's option, taken that Brock deal from Houston and traded down. You could have started Cardale or Peterman and bottomed out. The other option would have been 1 more year of your boy EJ. Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so they won but he didn't? He has 47 TDs and 12 INTs in 29 games but didn't help in the wins? Come on Gug, that's beyond ridiculous and you know that. He's a middle of the road starting QB. The EXACT type of guy you don't play if you want to tank. It's Tannehill, Dalton and Alex Smith. You can't bottom out with those guys. If you want to bottom out you should have declined Tyrod's option, taken that Brock deal from Houston and traded down. You could have started Cardale or Peterman and bottomed out.

Pegula wouldn't jeopardize season ticket sales. He's rolling the dice and hoping Tyrod will suck enough to tank without being as obvious as it would have been had they let Tyrod go. Letting Tyrod go would have necessitated replacing him with a FA. That would have been an upgrade. So it's a calculated risk.

Just get in the top 5 picks and hope KC sucks this year, too. Boom. Rebuild in motion.

Pegula wouldn't jeopardize season ticket sales. He's rolling the dice and hoping Tyrod will suck enough to tank without being as obvious as it would have been had they let Tyrod go. Letting Tyrod go would have necessitated replacing him with a FA. That would have been an upgrade. So it's a calculated risk.

Just get in the top 5 picks and hope KC sucks this year, too. Boom. Rebuild in motion.

It just can't happen like that. The offense was 7th in points through 16 weeks and got better imo. I think that Jones is certainly and upgrade to Woods and Dawkins may solidify the line. Losing TD Mike hurts but they are going to score a lot. The offense isn't going to hold them back like the defense did last year.

Just had this idea stem from the "Peterman will be our starter" thread. Crazy as it is, the Bills are essentially a new team with the FO changes, and Tyrod isn't their future.

I bet a team like Denver would be interested. Vance Joseph was himself an option QB in college. He coaches under Kubiak in Houston, who was always a fan of Tyrod, so I'm sure Joseph has heard good things.

All Denver has at QB is Siemian, Lynch, and Kelly. They could upgrade and be in position to push for AFCC right now.

Would you like the Bills to trade Tyrod? Do you think it's possible? Why? Why not? What team do you think would be a good fit?

Considering everything coming out suggests McD seems to really likes Tyrod, not sure why this is even getting tossed around.

But none the less...NO we should NOT trade Tyrod.

It just can't happen like that. The offense was 7th in points through 16 weeks and got better imo. I think that Jones is certainly and upgrade to Woods and Dawkins may solidify the line. Losing TD Mike hurts but they are going to score a lot. The offense isn't going to hold them back like the defense did last year.

Points are awesome.

They are more awesome when they come when needed most.

I agree the D sucked, too. I think they will be worse this year, unfortunately.

My fear is that once McCoy goes down (he is getting older), we're done.

Points are awesome.

We lost 6 games scoring 24 points or more. The AFC playoff teams combined lost 4 like that. The only game that was more than 2 scores was the game EJ started. The offense wasn't the problem. It's not going to get worse adding Zay and Dawkins (unless McCoy goes down). That's why tanking isn't realistic (unless Tyrod gets hurt). They may not be great but they are going to win between 6 and 10. You need to win 3 or 4 to be near Cleveland, SF & the Jets.

Points are awesome.

Come on...most teams are in trouble when they lose one of their best players and one of the best in the league at their position.

only been on here a couple of weeks now and this post along with your "its obvious they are tanking" one on the previous page are 2 of the poorest ive seen yet I think. there were no free agents that were upgrades..... and taylors winning record has been in spite of the defense and their ineptitude over 2 seasons. if somebody has watched this offseason shake out and all they gleaned from it so far is that we are in tank mode... well that's just downright comical. just silly.

if somebody had come to you before the 16 season started and said "the bills will have the 7th ranked scoring offense and record low 9 TO's through 16 weeks" you would have taken that ALL DAY EVERYDAY. there are so many things to point towards on the bills for a lack luster season. taylor and the offense are pretty darn low on that list.

the only think tanking here are your posts from the last couple pages.... just wow. so friggin bad...

SO BAD.

Just had this idea stem from the "Peterman will be our starter" thread. Crazy as it is, the Bills are essentially a new team with the FO changes, and Tyrod isn't their future.

I bet a team like Denver would be interested. Vance Joseph was himself an option QB in college. He coaches under Kubiak in Houston, who was always a fan of Tyrod, so I'm sure Joseph has heard good things.

All Denver has at QB is Siemian, Lynch, and Kelly. They could upgrade and be in position to push for AFCC right now.

Would you like the Bills to trade Tyrod? Do you think it's possible? Why? Why not? What team do you think would be a good fit?

Denver certainly wouldn't be interested, but someone else might be.

But possibly not at the price. And more, if they hadn't wanted him, they wouldn't have given him the contract. They want him, particularly McDermott. They wouldn't get all that much for him anyway.

More, he got a $7 mill signing bonus. That would all be dead money, a complete waste, if they traded him.

Just doesn't make sense.

Oh, so they won but he didn't? He has 47 TDs and 12 INTs in 29 games but didn't help in the wins? Come on Gug, that's beyond ridiculous and you know that. He's a middle of the road starting QB. The EXACT type of guy you don't play if you want to tank. It's Tannehill, Dalton and Alex Smith. You can't bottom out with those guys. If you want to bottom out you should have declined Tyrod's option, taken that Brock deal from Houston and traded down. You could have started Cardale or Peterman and bottomed out. The other option would have been 1 more year of your boy EJ.

He's a significantly below middle of the road starting quarterback. Somewhere around 20 - 22, probably, in the pass game, which is where QBs earn their money.

But you're absolutely right that if they wanted to tank they certainly wouldn't have kept him. He'll win a game or two for them that they wouldn't have won without him. Maybe more if the QB they replaced him with was far enough below standard that he started losing significant numbers of games. The idea that keeping Tyrod would make sense if they were tanking is utterly ridiculous.

He's by far their best option this year in terms of winning games. I personally wouldn't have minded a bit of a rebuild but it was obvious when they re-negotiated with him that they weren't going that way.

Edited by Thurman#1

only been on here a couple of weeks now and this post along with your "its obvious they are tanking" one on the previous page are 2 of the poorest ive seen yet I think. there were no free agents that were upgrades..... and taylors winning record has been in spite of the defense and their ineptitude over 2 seasons. if somebody has watched this offseason shake out and all they gleaned from it so far is that we are in tank mode... well that's just downright comical. just silly.

if somebody had come to you before the 16 season started and said "the bills will have the 7th ranked scoring offense and record low 9 TO's through 16 weeks" you would have taken that ALL DAY EVERYDAY. there are so many things to point towards on the bills for a lack luster season. taylor and the offense are pretty darn low on that list.

the only think tanking here are your posts from the last couple pages.... just wow. so friggin bad...

SO BAD.

Nice. :)

Welcome aboard Stank_Nasty.

Some good points made here.

1. It would be inconsistent with McDermott's message to the team that they're focused on winning now

2. Contractually, it's kinda messy. Why did they re-sign him, then? Also, he's guaranteed money.

3. He's not valuable enough, but maybe if another team's starter gets injured.

4. He's bad enough to still tank with...

I don't agree that he's bad enough to tank with. The defense was certainly bad enough to tank with, though. If that doesn't improve, then the Bills will have a worse record. McDermott's reputation may take a hit, too, since he's a defensive guy.

Since McDermott really wants to improve the D and the offense will likely be just as good, I don't see how this is a good "tank" plan in their eyes. Unless, they're planning on trading Tyrod.

I'd be all for trading him if we could get a 2nd or more. I think he's a decent qb and fits well in the system but just won't ever win us a super bowl. Get a qb that can. Making the playoffs would be cool but winning a super bowl is the only thing that really matters

They made their bed with Tyrod now they are stuck with him at least another season no team is going to trade for him. In my opinion Tyrod showed who he is when our offense had to be dumbed down in his second season as the starter. I wish they could trade him, sadly nobody even wants to give us a draft pick equal to what we spent to get him. Trent Edwards offense scored too but when it was time to score for the win guess who was on the sideline not good enough, its the same place you will find Tyrod. Not good enough and the league knows it so nobody is spending for that.

I disagree. Tyrod Taylor, after the Bills have removed so much talent from the team and are in the process of replacing them with a bunch of washed up never was players, is a guaranteed tank QB and we don't even have to try to lose like the Colts and Browns did in their tank seasons.

Sean wants to lose now. He wants to get his QB next year. Then he wants to win.

The day they re-signed Tyrod was the day the decision to tank was official.

Look at the roster on offense. I think you're smoking some weird stuff.

No. Look, now that we have an extra 1st round pick we as fans can now root against the Chiefs. This is fun for a Bills Fan, right?

If the Bills trade Tyrod they will probably lose every game. Do any of you really want to spend a season like this?

No can't trade him now. Peterman can be a solid #2.

He can win a lot of games with a strong defense. The Bills only won 7 games last season because the defense was very disappointing. If he plays the same and the defense improves to be top 10, they could be 3 wins better.

Long term, he seems to have problems stepping up against the best defenses and in big moments when plays need to be made. But the Bills aren't a superbowl contender now so if he makes the playoffs next season it would be a huge success and he can do that easily.

No can't trade him now. Peterman can be a solid #2.

He can win a lot of games with a strong defense. The Bills only won 7 games last season because the defense was very disappointing. If he plays the same and the defense improves to be top 10, they could be 3 wins better.

Long term, he seems to have problems stepping up against the best defenses and in big moments when plays need to be made. But the Bills aren't a superbowl contender now so if he makes the playoffs next season it would be a huge success and he can do that easily.

The fan base seems to be divided on whether Tyrod is a playoff-caliber QB.

I think one thing is clear to everyone: he's not the long-term answer for this coaching staff.