Should the Bills trade Tyrod?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gugny quote: "Personally, I'd trade him."

Wow. I must be tired. I thought this said Watkins. I was having a conversation with friends earlier about what to do with Watkins. My bad.

No .. Tyrod is untradeable. Let him ride the pine then cut his ass.

TT is the wildcard in our season. If he has a good camp with Dennison there's no telling how far we could go

I'm glad there are guys like you that feel this way. It seems like we're tanking and feels pretty....Meh.

It's been said before that the drought will end, unexpectedly. Out of nowhere, they'll have lightning in a bottle. Maybe the NFL landscape changes this year, and we finally strike gold with a new coaching staff. Maybe Tyrod plays like the guy we hoped for....That's alot of maybes. I'm hoping and pulling for the best. Go Bills.

Just had this idea stem from the "Peterman will be our starter" thread. Crazy as it is, the Bills are essentially a new team with the FO changes, and Tyrod isn't their future.

I bet a team like Denver would be interested. Vance Joseph was himself an option QB in college. He coaches under Kubiak in Houston, who was always a fan of Tyrod, so I'm sure Joseph has heard good things.

All Denver has at QB is Siemian, Lynch, and Kelly. They could upgrade and be in position to push for AFCC right now.

Would you like the Bills to trade Tyrod? Do you think it's possible? Why? Why not? What team do you think would be a good fit?

McDermott talked Kyle Williams out of retirement, and I'd be willing to bet it wasn't with the promise of a rebuild. If McDermott started tearing the team down now, he'd be a liar to one of our most respected team leaders. That's not a way to start his tenure.

I'm not sure why you'd think he could take Denver the the AFC championship but also argue he has no future.

Likewise that the coach that chose to keep him has no ties to him since it's a new regime

Also our 5th round rookie is unlikely to start

If I'm Bills new GM...

1. Trade Tyrod to San Fran or Cleveland for a 3rd.

2. Sign Jay Cutler

3. Trade 3rd pick for Sheldon Richardson

No team would give a 3rd for Tyrod and there's a reason why Cutler is still looking.

No team would give a 3rd for Tyrod and there's a reason why Cutler is still looking.

No one would give up crap for Tyrod. Kaep is available and he's actually accomplished something in the NFL.

Not no, but HELL NO.

Some of y'all losers my be good with with losing, but Sean and I want to win NOW!

Hotrod is our best chance (unless someone shows they can do better, which they haven't) even if the other QB is the most popular guy on the team (the new QB who has never played).

Not no, but HELL NO.

Some of y'all losers my be good with with losing, but Sean and I want to win NOW!

Hotrod is our best chance (unless someone shows they can do better, which they haven't) even if the other QB is the most popular guy on the team (the new QB who has never played).

I disagree. Tyrod Taylor, after the Bills have removed so much talent from the team and are in the process of replacing them with a bunch of washed up never was players, is a guaranteed tank QB and we don't even have to try to lose like the Colts and Browns did in their tank seasons.

Sean wants to lose now. He wants to get his QB next year. Then he wants to win.

The day they re-signed Tyrod was the day the decision to tank was official.

Not no, but HELL NO.

Yeah, no one is beating him out. He's miles ahead of the other 2. It's unlikely that either of them get to where he is now.

The thought of trading him isn't about getting better now, it's a long-term play if you can get something good (like the Bradford trade last year). Bradford came off a year that was worse than Tyrod's year last year and got a 1st & a 4th (that could have escalated to a 2nd or 3rd). There are a couple of viable options on the market in Kaep and Cutler which may drive the price down. If those guys sign and Palmer (for example) goes down in the preseason the Bills can get a 1. Jacksonville and Cleveland are options as well as potentially Washington and SF (depending on Cousins). You could get a 2 from 3 of those teams now (assuming Cutler and Kaep come off the market).

I disagree. Tyrod Taylor, after the Bills have removed so much talent from the team and are in the process of replacing them with a bunch of washed up never was players, is a guaranteed tank QB and we don't even have to try to lose like the Colts and Browns did in their tank seasons.

I don't know Gug. I'm totally off board with the whole "TANK" thing.

Who is all this talent we've gotten rid of? Gilmore and Woods? They've already been replaced.

I just think y'all tankers have been losing for so long you don't even know what trying to win is anymore or why anyone would seriously try to do it.

We won 7 games last year with a 10 man defense and didn't even try to win the last one.

Get the D back to top 12 or so, don't fug up the O, our kicker makes FGs, we're back to winning.

Screw tanking, Let's win some games !!!

Edited by reddogblitz

Why did the re-sign him then? He has a winning record as a starter. If you are trying to tank just let him walk and play Peterman/Cardale.

Why did the re-sign him then? He has a winning record as a starter. If you are trying to tank just let him walk and play Peterman/Cardale.

The Bills have a winning record when he starts.

That doesn't mean he won any games. You know this, Kirby.

That guy is responsible for wins like Tebow was responsible for getting Denver to the playoffs.

The Bills have a winning record when he starts.

That doesn't mean he won any games. You know this, Kirby.

That guy is responsible for wins like Tebow was responsible for getting Denver to the playoffs.

I know you don't like him Gug, but as I recall Tebow was a big part of them making and winning a playoff game. They won several late when the other team KNEW what he was going to do and he ran over them anyway.

I especially remember one such loss he layed on Rex. It was great.

You picked a bad example.

Why not just go with the perennial favorite, Trent Dilfer :).

I know you don't like him Gug, but as I recall Tebow was a big part of them making and winning a playoff game. They won several late when the other team KNEW what he was going to do and he ran over them anyway.

Tim Tebow is arguably the worst QB to ever start an NFL game. I will give him credit for the playoff game against Pittsburgh. Other than that, not a shred.

Tebow was a rarity for me. I hardly ever root for a player to bomb, regardless of team. I enjoy these guys being successful. But him ... I wanted him to fall flat on his bigot face and I celebrated when he did.

I digress.

i do think the Bills are tanking and I do think Tyrod is part of it. They took some weapons and some depth (TD Mike) away and if they put this offense on his shoulders, sweet Jesus will it get ugly.

BUT ... if I'm wrong and McGinger really is trying to win this year ... I hope Tyrod proves me wrong and plays lights out.

I just don't see it, though.

Trent holds a special place in my heart, used to hear my step dad say he would never lead his team to the promise land.. Mind you, my step dad is a HUGE giants fan. We all know how that played out :lol: