Should the Bills trade Tyrod?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He signed to a more team-friendly contract. He's totally trade bait. If the right deal comes along, I think the FO would pull the trigger. It would work out perfectly if one of the backups is looking good in camp/preseason and then Carson Palmer gets injured. AZ wants Tyrod and the Bills could spin it easily. That would be interesting.

I think they would trade him for a 1st, sure. 3 1sts next year and they would have an unbelievable amount of ammunition. I don't see anyone offering that though - even in your Arizona scenario.

I'd definitely trade Tyrod if he had any value. I don't think he does. A good season this year might help. He definitely won't be our QB in 2 yrs and maybe not even next year so if you can get something for him then by all means!

I agree with you on both points, if he has value trade him. I don't think he has value either which is why he resigned with the Bills at a discount. If Denver was interested in him they would have let his agent know through back channels and he would have been released and signed with them.

sure. We are tanking for top QB draft pick like Darnold. But of course most teams who would want him are tanking for Darnold as well. So there it is. Nice idea but in practice probably can't happen.

You nailed it. Just because Bills want something doesn't mean they will outgun 7-10 other teams who want the same thing. Possible, but not something to assume as likely.

I agree with you on both points, if he has value trade him. I don't think he has value either which is why he resigned with the Bills at a discount. If Denver was interested in him they would have let his agent know through back channels and he would have been released and signed with them.

maybe after pre-season one of our backups doesn't look too terrible and a starter on another team gets hurt and offers us a 1st rounder for Tyrod. similar to what happend with Bradford and Minnesota. that would be amazing!

maybe after pre-season one of our backups doesn't look too terrible and a starter on another team gets hurt and offers us a 1st rounder for Tyrod. similar to what happend with Bradford and Minnesota. that would be amazing!

If that happens then I will change my name to TyrodWasMagic.

Edited by jeffismagic

The only teams I could see trading for him are the Browns and the Texans. Cleveland values draft picks more than their first born children and the Texans gave all their picks to Cleveland. If someone gets hurt in camp or preseason (prime teams would be Baltimore / Jacksonville / Arizona / Atlanta / Oakland) I could see a possibility of a deal opening up, but it would basically need to be a "Russell Wilson - Matt Flynn" type of deal with Peterman or Cardale before I could imagine McD and staff even beginning to consider the possibility.

They aren't tanking for Darnold, McD is a smart dude, he knows the quickest way to lose the control he's landed would be a 2-14 type season out of the gate.

Why would you trade your starting QB?

because he's not very good and who cares about having an average QB that can win you 6 games? might as well go 2-14. what's the difference? we still didn't win the Super Bowl and in scenario 2 at least we can then draft a possible Super Bowl caliber QB

Just had this idea stem from the "Peterman will be our starter" thread. Crazy as it is, the Bills are essentially a new team with the FO changes, and Tyrod isn't their future.

I bet a team like Denver would be interested. Vance Joseph was himself an option QB in college. He coaches under Kubiak in Houston, who was always a fan of Tyrod, so I'm sure Joseph has heard good things.

All Denver has at QB is Siemian, Lynch, and Kelly. They could upgrade and be in position to push for AFCC right now.

Would you like the Bills to trade Tyrod? Do you think it's possible? Why? Why not? What team do you think would be a good fit?

You should always test the water before jumping in.

I wouldn't be surprised if Petermen executes the offense really well and wins the starting job and then T2 gets traded but hopefully in the offseason for more picks in the draft.

Nah...Did Jauron ever stockpile 2 firsts in the same draft?

No, in 06 he stayed put and drafted a so-so, smallish defensive back at #8. Then, he traded up, went back into round 1 for a DT that sucked. Not finished, he then spent early 3rd and 4th round picks on defensive backs that were awful.

I truly do hope that McDermott is a giant step up from Jauron, or else we could be looking at a 20-25 year playoff drought. I am not thrilled by this draft but it is way to early to condemn or even overly praise it imo.

Tanking is for losers

i don't want to tank either. i just want them to get value for all of their valuable players that we can use for future players. if they go to the Super Bowl with TJ Yates then so be it

The short version:

I absolutely think that if McDermott/Dennison like what they see in Peterman, that Tyrod will be the subject of trade talks at some point during the season. I don't even think Peterman has to be great. He just has to show enough.

A bit reminiscent of the RGIII - Cousins situation in Washington, but not as messy.

How many here would complain, going into the 2018 draft with 3 1st round picks?

Edited by Chicken Boo