GM Doug Whaley has been fired

OK, but still gilmore wanted out last season- you could see it in his play. he did not want to be a part of the bills organization any longer. that's on the gm.

How do you figure that? The scheme and the D play are all on the coaching staff, not?

But the attitude you express is exactly why I think it was a good thing to get rid of Whaley and let McWrestler bring in his guy. For too long it's been "it's the coach, the on-field product sucks" "no, coach hasn't had the players he needs, it's the GM" "No, the GM has done his best, Coach hasn't used what he's got"

Either give the GM the coach he wants or give the coach the GM he wants (and since we chose to hire coach first, it's the latter), and let them succeed or fail together.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still give that to Dan Snyder and his racist team name, handling of McCloughon, and potentially ostracizing his budding franchise QB.

But the Pegulas are def in the lower rankings right now.

...yeah but Snyder is only wrecking one franchise. The Pegula's somehow have both their teams spiraling downward.

Simon and SDS -- good job moderating this AM. A separate thread from this for "Whaley fired for wiping boogers on a girl with disabilities" or something probably not warranted....

Edited by JoeF

How do you figure that? The scheme and the D play are all on the coaching staff, not?

But the attitude you express is exactly why I think it was a good thing to get rid of Whaley and let McWrestler bring in his guy. For too long it's been "it's the coach, the on-field product sucks" "no, coach hasn't had the players he needs, it's the GM" "No, the GM has done his best, Coach hasn't used what he's got"

Either give the GM the coach he wants or give the coach the GM he wants (and since we chose to hire coach first, it's the latter), and let them succeed or fail together.

I was hoping we had given the GM the coach he wanted. Great draft, so fire everyone. I just don't know, but if they start winning the division, or at least a wild card, I'm fine.

just from watching gilmores effort last year. my impressions.

The Patriots did.

yes, they saw that he has talent and wanted out. he will be a superstar on the patriots.

Neil Stratton (@InsideTheLeague)

4/30/17, 6:55 AM

In addition to firing GM Doug Whaley, ITL has learned #Bills have dumped their entire scouting department. New GM will hire all new scouts.

That would incluse Manos i would think.

Sure hope so.