GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, yes, but not this year. They have allowed him to interview When the 49ers came knocking and he wasn't really interested but didn't want to tell them that they were a raging tire fire, the Pack just offered him a new contract where he could say "thanks but no thanks."

What about cleveland being blocked by teams?

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/1/14/10768504/blocking-browns-from-interviewing-gm-candidates-martin-mayhewl

Eric Galko (@OptimumScouting)

4/30/17, 6:52 AM

BUF interest in Trubisky stemmed from Whaley.

Once McDermott became clear leading voice, he advocated for Tyrod Taylor as the team's QB.

I think Whaley's handling of the QB situation was the last straw for Pegula. McDermott is already doing better - kept our mid-level starter with upside, brought in a mid-round pick with completely different strengths, and set ourselves to grab one in the 1st round next year if we have to. Hard to be mad about that strategy unless you absolutely loved one of the top 3 QBs this year.

Do you know how much goes into running a sports franchise? How many aspects of things that need to be done that are way outside the actual team? He has to do that for both franchises. He probably will give input whenever asked but I don't think he's out there making football decisions.

It was reported when McD was interviewed that he wanted full control and it looks like he got it. If you want someone to blame for this then it's McD.

And what did i say about Brandon. You know the guy that has been here for the entire drought.

He is ADVISING and in Pegulas inner circle with BOTH tire fire sports teams now. #OneBuffalo alright

Enough with this narrative, Hogan was and is just another guy, it's not like we let go Welker and then transformed the Patriots offense.

If we should be mad at someone it should be at the coaches that played him like a chain mover (that couldn't find the 1st down marker) instead of playing him on the outside like the Patriots did. He put pedestrian numbers with Brady.

hogan was more than just another guy- he was the guy that was immediately transformed into productivity by the kingpin in our division and rubbed it into the bills faces. same thing will likely happen with gilmore and gillislee.

Wrong. The difference is Sashi Brown is their top personnel man (i.e., control of the 53). You can't block the non-top personnel man if you are giving that control to the new position.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

But Hogan wasn't a good fit for our team. IMO. Gillislee was mishandled. I'll agree on that

I don't think Hogan was a bad fit. There was also Incognito, zack Brown, McCoy for Alonso. There's been a decent track record on the pro personnel side. The drafts have been lacking IMO.

If you think that little weasel isn't whispering in Pegula's ear every day, I'll just suggest you might rethink that

He probably does. However, that influence may be waning. He was easy to listen to before because he was all the Pegula's had. If McDermott earns their trust, and it appears he has, then there's no reason to listen to Russ as much anymore.

hogan was more than just another guy- he was the guy that was immediately transformed into productivity by the kingpin in our division and rubbed it into the bills faces.

He's a one route wonder who had 36 catches his last year in Bufalo and 38 catches his first year in NE :lol:

Who's next up to be the whipping boy?

Lie to yourselves all you'd like, but hiring the coach before hiring a GM SCREAMS dysfunction!

The Pegulas aren't good owners, it seems.

not really. DW had some valuable input having lived the roster and transferred this info the new coach. made for a more productive draft and will be a great source of knowledge for the new GM.

I don't think Hogan was a bad fit. There was also Incognito, zack Brown, McCoy for Alonso. There's been a decent track record on the pro personnel side. The drafts have been lacking IMO.

You have to scratch your head that anyone who denies Doug's ability to pick up talent on the pro personnel side. That's just undeniable.