GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be easier to just say you have no idea what he does now. I know what his titles are. Thisnguy is not running things anymore. Time to get over all the years where he was

Ok Russ

What does a MANAGING PARTNER do. Ooo yeah advise about that organization jesus

Do you people realize we need to get permission to hire any guy currently under contract with another team even if it is as an assistant GM? No guarantee Carolina will even let anyone come over.

That is why you hire GM before HC. Teams can block front office promotions, not coordinator to HC.

Not according to Carolina beat reporter:

https://twitter.com/josephperson?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhfboards.hockeysfuture.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2203257%26page%3D27

Well crap. For as much as I supported Doug, it looks like we have no choice but to hope McD is truly the "next big thing" in HCs. Or else we're doing this all over again in 2020.

can't possibly get any worse than DW.

It's funny to me that folks are bitching about the timing of this when the Bills just completed one of their best drafts in years.

Seems to me they timed it perfectly.

If McDermott had taken a bunch of FSU players and a big strong armed QB I would have been mortified. But turns out he was just using Carolina's scouting and most experts agree our draft was great. I love the Peterman pick most of all. I've changed my tune on this. Wasn't a big of Whaley anyways and I still think he should have been fired in January but it is what it is.

Packers blocked Wolf from leaving.

Last year, yes, but not this year. They have allowed him to interview When the 49ers came knocking and he wasn't really interested but didn't want to tell them that they were a raging tire fire, the Pack just offered him a new contract where he could say "thanks but no thanks." Edited by JM57

It would be easier to just say you have no idea what he does now. I know what his titles are. Thisnguy is not running things anymore. Time to get over all the years where he was

If you think that little weasel isn't whispering in Pegula's ear every day, I'll just suggest you might rethink that

Doug Whaley was at best a sales man, he spent this team into terrible cap trouble and made terrible decisions in the draft most notably staking the future on Watkins & EJ.

He stupidly lost Gilislee and Hogan to the patriots.

IMO he deserved this. Many fans like the way the culture is shifting in Buffalo and for those who are not paying attention, McDermott is in charge!

Enough with this narrative, Hogan was and is just another guy, it's not like we let go Welker and then transformed the Patriots offense.

If we should be mad at someone it should be at the coaches that played him like a chain mover (that couldn't find the 1st down marker) instead of playing him on the outside like the Patriots did. He put pedestrian numbers with Brady.

Ok Russ

What does a MANAGING PARTNER do. Ooo yeah advise about that organization jesus

Do you know how much goes into running a sports franchise? How many aspects of things that need to be done that are way outside the actual team? He has to do that for both franchises. He probably will give input whenever asked but I don't think he's out there making football decisions.

It was reported when McD was interviewed that he wanted full control and it looks like he got it. If you want someone to blame for this then it's McD.

Folks in here claiming people won't want to work for the Pegulas...dude gives out 5year guaranteed contracts with the willingness to spend whatever money is necessary..for both teams.

If you have confidence in yourself that with resources you can get the job done..and either GM or coach...you will be lining up to take job with either franchise.