GM Doug Whaley has been fired

Ralph Wilson did this all the time and we rightfully blasted him....Pegula does it and it's wonderful because he's learning and realizes his mistakes....ridiculous

Yea Pegs are bad owners. Only thing I'll give them is a willingness to spend money.

They love McD it seems so hopefully his plan can work

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You watch and see how many candidates won't even interview for position. They will reject right away.

(a) it's unlikely we will know who every candidate is that they contact; and (b) no.

It's not even worth responding to your alternate reality. WTF does enamored with EJ even mean? He played him in a game we wanted to lose?

Yet you responded anyways, post 32,171.

Edited by TikiTailgateRentals

Actually this is becoming the normal model around the league these days, so shouldn't be an issue at all.

Well it could be. I am wondering how they're going to attract a GM candidate who is going to be subservient to a coach. Who the hell would want that situation?

So just becasue that was publicly stated means it's 100% true. It's amazing how many people around here take things so literally about everything stated. What would you expect them to state publicly at that point.

Funny how the KC GM had only discussions with Whaley. Complete guesswork on this being the "coach" draft. Whaley and the scouts had done the work and the reasearch. Very disturbing overall

From now on I can't trust what the owners or HC say I guess.

So you think giving a rookie head coach the power that Belichick and Carrol have a good idea? McDermott is not Bill Parcells.

More and more rookie HCs are getting full control. Gase got it on Miami and I believe Shannahan in SF as well. Clearly Whaley was on his way out which is why they started the entire "one voice" thing.

Edited by Bangarang

When do the Pegulas live up to their "we don't like firing people" mantra? So far it is all they have done both here and at the Sabres.

I'd place a hefty wager that they started taking some outside advice on both their teams. Polian would be the obvious guess for the Bills.

The next GM will be McDermott's hire. Make no mistake. We have an Andy Reid structure now.... the GM works for Andy..... our GM will work for Sean. I think that is the wrong way around but it is much better than the "they both report to Terry" structure. We have one voice and one man in charge - that man is Sean McDermott. We now live and die by whether he is the guy. I have optimism.... let's hope he delivers.

Neil Stratton (@InsideTheLeague)

4/30/17, 6:55 AM

In addition to firing GM Doug Whaley, ITL has learned #Bills have dumped their entire scouting department. New GM will hire all new scouts.

That would incluse Manos i would think.

Edited by MAJBobby

Eric Galko (@OptimumScouting)

4/30/17, 6:52 AM

BUF interest in Trubisky stemmed from Whaley.

Once McDermott became clear leading voice, he advocated for Tyrod Taylor as the team's QB.

It did seem like the first personnel decision of the new rigime started a turf war. McD won the battle and the war.

I'd place a hefty wager that they started taking some outside advice on both their teams. Polian would be the obvious guess for the Bills.

Hopefully not, as Polian has some pretty big mental issues going on right now. Old age has taken a bigger toll on his mind than it does on most people his age.