TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

Out of the frying pan into the fire. This is like when the Eagles let Chip Kelly act as GM. It is reckless.

I agree with this 100%.

This team is in big big trouble if a first time HC is also playing the part of a first time GM. We thought Donablow was bad this could end up the biggest sporting fail ever.

If this is true I will loose a ton of respect for Pegs, GM runs the team not a HC especially a first time HC.

Is this Chan all over again. Pig headed about a backup QB. SMH

I want a QB drafted early to push Tyrod out of here sooner then later, if McD is another Chan low talent QB pusher he is already on his last leg with me and I haven't even seen one season. I have anger issues at Whaley about QB but if McD is taking over at GM for this draft to push the build around Tyrod its going to be a very long 2 seasons for him. The excitement I had for him is going down hill fast.

Edited by xRUSHx

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything McD has said thus far it seems that Whaley and his staffs primary objective is to bring the scouting info to McD and let him make the final say. Whaley and his team have spent years following these draft prospects and have compiled mountains of data. Data that McD will sift through and pick and choose who he feels is best for the franchise. Being a new HC he doesn't have time to prepare team for offseason workouts and prepare for draft without help of Whaley and scouting Dept and a few months isn't enough time to bring a whole new scout team in ( and new GM), compile all their info and be ready for the draft. That's why it makes total sense to wait until after the draft is over before making changes at GM and scouting if that's what they want to do.

I honestly feel McD impact on the team was a direct result of TM getting the axe. Pegula is so enamored with McD so far and the style and work ethic he brings to the table and how the train wreck news conferences have subsided I believe Pegs felt the hockey team needed the same leadership after players complained about lack of accountability and discipline.

But Whaley and his staff has done a good job bringin in street free agents and that may buy him the 2017 season with the understanding that McD will have authority over draft prospects since Whaley hasn't done so well with that.

However if McD has s person in mind to come in and take over right after draft it's byebye Whaley

If you look back at the last couple years and you pay attention to who is being interviewed now and how things are being worded - It seems to me that the picture is very clear. I think McDermott is in charge of this draft. Rex was in charge of the last 2. Whaley has been and is even more so now - simply a high level advisor to Rex and McDermott.

I think Pegula had placed Rex in charge when he was here. I think McDermott is even more so in charge now than Rex even was. And that is the way Pegula intends to run things going forward indefinitely unless he changes his mind for some reason.

Watch McDermott speak and watch him choose his words. He is in charge. Pegula's mindset must be that the coach is more important than the GM.

It makes perfect sense of what has happened over the last couple years with personnel. It makes perfect sense with what we were told about the Rex firing. Whaley was never in charge of Rex in any way. And Whaley is in no way in charge of McDermott. In fact, Whaley serves McDermott. It all fits into place.

so why does whaley get blamed for everything then

He is??? Monday afternoon, all I heard was Whaley should go because he let the Patriots get TD Mike, etc. etc., even though McDermott was in the building when the 5th round tender was put on him. So i'm confused. Whaley is in charge when something happens fans don't like. But if it's something fans like then McDermott is in charge? Is that right?

Sounds about right, basically he is a scapegoat to blame for everything bad

I can't see Whaley getting fired in between the draft and the season. Pegula would get blasted by the media, and rightfully. Makes no sense to give him the draft right before you fire him. Sounds like journalists stirring the pot to me.

This IS the time GM's get let go. The past year of the college scouting Dept.'s efforts come to a conclusion this weekend.

TP is either growing form the previous decisions he's made or still flying by the seat of his pants. He loved the Rex/TM/DB hires, yet 2 years later wants something entirely different.. Has he decided 'Firm, no BS' is the way he wants his sports ships run, or is this 'well, that didn't work.. how 'bout this way?'..

I agree with this 100%.

This team is in big big trouble if a first time HC is also playing the part of a first time GM. We thought Donablow was bad this could end up the biggest sporting fail ever.

If this is true I will loose a ton of respect for Pegs, GM runs the team not a HC especially a first time HC.

I want a QB drafted early to push Tyrod out of here sooner then later, if McD is another Chan low talent QB pusher he is already on his last leg with me and I haven't even seen one season. I have anger issues at Whaley about QB but if McD is taking over at GM for this draft to push the build around Tyrod its going to be a very long 2 seasons for him. The excitement I had for him is going down hill fast.

what a bogus post. another doom and gloom predictor. typical given the source.

icon_gloomy.gif

To be fair to Doug , someone is finding good players outside the draft.

He drafted players to fit Rex 3-4 D

He will draft players to fit McD 4-3 D

Finding a franchise QB out of college spread offense is very difficult to say the least.

Trading up for Sammy was a dumb move imo

I can't see Whaley getting fired in between the draft and the season. Pegula would get blasted by the media, and rightfully. Makes no sense to give him the draft right before you fire him. Sounds like journalists stirring the pot to me.

I think it's the opposite. You don't fire the GM before the draft because of all the scouting work and getting the board ready. After the draft is actually the best time to make the change.

Gut feeling is that Whaley is out the door next week.

so why does whaley get blamed for everything then

People still think that Whaley is in charge of everything. Once they realize he isn't, they will change their opinion on certain things.

Bills are doing a great job at hiding how the power structure is really setup. The local media reporters are coming to realize McDermott is the big kahuna. They are talking about it because everyone was assuming that Whaley was Mr. Big nuts. It changes where you put the blame for certain moves - especially the moves about to be made in this draft.

To be fair to Doug , someone is finding good players outside the draft.

He drafted players to fit Rex 3-4 D

He will draft players to fit McD 4-3 D

Finding a franchise QB out of college spread offense is very difficult to say the least.

Trading up for Sammy was a dumb move imo

i agree 100 percent. the qb thing is poke and hope at this point. It is not nearly the same game at the college level

I agree with this 100%.

one big difference is Chan had zero talent to work with. He took over the DIckie j roster which was a mess

Agreed, if Rex was in charge of the drafts, Whaley would not be blamed.

Whaley was, and Rex had input. That seems to have changed since McDermott.

Whaley seems to do a good job at getting the coach the type of players they are asking for.

McD says specifically that he and Whaley are working well together. But that's a lie to some.

McD is in charge according to some, but when the decision is made to not match on MG that is Whaley's fault.

I understand fan is short for fanatic, but some sense of rational and logical thought would be welcome here.

That's not the problem. The problem is being unsuccessful and not making himself available to explain.

If he'd produced good teams people wouldn't mind that he isn't speaking.

9 Pro Bowlers last season including 2 he signed as street free agents. Yeah, the guy is a bum. Really left Rex & Rob, those two football savants, with nothing to work with. :lol:

9 Pro Bowlers last season including 2 he signed as street free agents. Yeah, the guy is a bum. Really left Rex & Rob, those two football savants, with nothing to work with. :lol:

9 ? that is outstanding. it is stunning how the media can put up a false narrative and the people believe it . oh wait, Irag war, trump, ect , ect, ok maybe not stunning

So "the media" would blast Pegula for firing Whaley after the draft, yet "journalists" are "stirring the pot" by suggesting Pegula will fire Whaley after the draft.

This perfectly sums up the mentality of the posters who endlessly bash the local and national press.