TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

If Pegula continues to let this franchise spiral out of control with constant change at key positions in the organization, then there is no point in even watching any of this. Constant turnover at coaching sandbags the GM, and changing GMs with new coaches sandbags that coaches.

The one recent move/philosophy of his I can agree with is firing/hiring the Head Coach and GM at the same time as he's doing with the Sabres. With that, Whaley and McDermott should get the 3 years left on Whaley's deal to get this figured out, and then re-evaluate as his deal comes up.

All that said, from the bottom of my heart... #$&% Tim Graham, that little weasel. Too bad most of the BBMBers won't know what a turd he truly is.

Other sources are claiming the same thing. Mcdermott is a fresh, new hire who may work out well. whaley's act is stale and he needs to be dismissed of his GM duties, whatever they are now.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its because hes in check mate. Hes forced to take qb now at ten. Its the only way to save his job. Fo knows this and thats not a sound draft strategy. ( WHICH IS WHY TERRY YOU SHOULDVE FIRED HIM MONTHS AGO).

Its embarassing that our fo cannot think this stuff through

If Whaley is getting fired how on earth is drafting a QB at 10 going to save him?

If Pegula continues to let this franchise spiral out of control with constant change at key positions in the organization, then there is no point in even watching any of this. Constant turnover at coaching sandbags the GM, and changing GMs with new coaches sandbags that coaches.

The one recent move/philosophy of his I can agree with is firing/hiring the Head Coach and GM at the same time as he's doing with the Sabres. With that, Whaley and McDermott should get the 3 years left on Whaley's deal to get this figured out, and then re-evaluate as his deal comes up.

This is exactly why I'm not going to any games this year...and not again until the Bills start showing that they know at least half of what it takes to run a football team...because right now they are blindly throwing anything at the wall and seeing if it sticks.

I can see the organization restructuring but I don't see Whaley going anywhere anytime soon. The Sabres were a snowballing mess, an epic disaster. The Bills have been trending upwards since canning the Ryans.

The roster is worse right now then when the season ended.

This is exactly why I'm not going to any games this year...and not again until the Bills start showing that they know at least half of what it takes to run a football team...because right now they are blindly throwing anything at the wall and seeing if it sticks.

Good for you. Thanks for sharing.

A sympathetic view of Whaley is that he's been chained to head coaches he had little to do with. HOWEVER, I've long thought of Whaley as more of an order taker for the HC than an organizational leader.

At some point a leader sets a vision and steers his organization in that direction. Whaley's never given the appearance of doing that. It seems every year that Whaley's been asked (when he was taking questions) what his draft plan was, he'd say "whatever coach wants".

It wouldn't surprise me if Whaley keeps his salary and slides over to Director of Scouting. Then McDermott's godfather or the "philosophical soulmate" of his choosing takes over as GM.

Honestly, the fans could run this team better. Hate that the NFL requires owners who are billionaires. Buffalo, NY should own the Bills.

I can see the organization restructuring but I don't see Whaley going anywhere anytime soon. The Sabres were a snowballing mess, an epic disaster. The Bills have been trending upwards since canning the Ryans.

Very true. The Sabres tanked for years with the promise it would be worth it. Then it fizzled. Not even close to the playoffs. Like the Bills going 4-12. But the Bills weren't 4-12, they've been 2-3 wins away from a WC spot for the last few years and coaching has held them back.

One opinion is as valid as the next. You say he's done nothing. Richie and McCoy and Alexander. All pro bowlers.

When you make absolute statements as if they're fact it 's easy to show you're in error.

They are absolute because we havent made the playoffs. He was 7-9 last year same record as 2008 and one win better than 09,11,12,13. He literallly has done nothing to better this team for a playoff contention. If he has they are so minimalistic because of his other very poor decision making that usually comes in the way of detrimental effects on the team.

A sympathetic view of Whaley is that he's been chained to head coaches he had little to do with. HOWEVER, I've long thought of Whaley as more of an order taker for the HC than an organizational leader.

At some point a leader sets a vision and steers his organization in that direction. Whaley's never given the appearance of doing that. It seems every year that Whaley's been asked (when he was taking questions) what his draft plan was, he'd say "whatever coach wants".

It wouldn't surprise me if Whaley keeps his salary and slides over to Director of Scouting. Then McDermott's godfather or the "philosophical soulmate" of his choosing takes over as GM.

Agreed. Whaley strikes me as a company guy,

Its because hes in check mate. Hes forced to take qb now at ten. Its the only way to save his job. Fo knows this and thats not a sound draft strategy.

What in god's world are you talking about?

Its HIGHLY likely hes not in charge of anything except scouting.

Very possible.

Then you woke up .... Stop letting WGR/BN who knows nothing about football drive your news

I think he is right. And I definitely didn't get my info from WGR or BN. Like none of it at all.

Since McD was hired I've gotten the impression that he's in total control of what's going on at OBD. It feels like Whaley is on borrowed time at this point and McD will fill his role with someone else. Just a matter of time and I look forward to that day.

Agree that McDermott is in control more so than Whaley. Disagree about borrowed time and just a matter of time. I think Whaley is still a highly valued member of the team.

John Wawrow‏Verified account @john_wawrow 2m2 minutes ago

And to add to ongoing discussion regarding Whaley's diminishing power, this moved on The AP wire a few hours ago.

http://pro32.ap.org/article/rookie-coach-mcdermotts-voice-gains-prominence-bills

"Don't underestimate the impact Bills rookie coach Sean McDermott has already made on Terry Pegula.

When Buffalo's multi-franchise owner outlined concerns of discipline, structure and character he found lacking in his NHL's Sabres following last week's front-office house-cleaning, they're similar to the troubles Pegula believes he addressed in hiring McDermott."

I would be shocked if Whaley was fired anytime between now and the start of next season. Most people would I think.

Very true. The Sabres tanked for years with the promise it would be worth it. Then it fizzled. Not even close to the playoffs. Like the Bills going 4-12. But the Bills weren't 4-12, they've been 2-3 wins away from a WC spot for the last few years and coaching has held them back.

Sabres are a lot closer than people realize. It takes longer in hockey. I actually think Tim Murray did a good job with the picks and prospects. His mistake was hiring the wrong coach and not firing him sooner.

Sabres could be in playoffs next year and they have Jack Eichel. It would be as if the Bills had Derek Carr or Mariotta.

They are absolute because we havent made the playoffs. He was 7-9 last year same record as 2008 and one win better than 09,11,12,13. He literallly has done nothing to better this team for a playoff contention. If he has they are so minimalistic because of his other very poor decision making that usually comes in the way of detrimental effects on the team.

So adding three pro bowlers doesn't better a team. Interesting.

Sabres are a lot closer than people realize. It takes longer in hockey. I actually think Tim Murray did a good job with the picks and prospects. His mistake was hiring the wrong coach and not firing him sooner.

Sabres could be in playoffs next year and they have Jack Eichel. It would be as if the Bills had Derek Carr or Mariotta.

. Terrible additions to the defense and The farm system is said to be weak

Yep. Lil Doug = 7 years of FAILURE, makes absolutely zero sense to keep him any longer, unless you like that kind of continuity.

Ok so a first-time head coach who has not even had a training camp much less won a single game in the NFL is running the draft, hiring the next GM, and basically made everyone else in the organization expendable. Not to mention his great posture in his office chair or something caused Pegula to shred the 4-year extension that Whaley just signed in January. How good of a talker do you have to be to accomplish all that in what two months? Even if it was possible that that was true, McDermott would be completely set up for failure because he is automatically the new target and fall guy for all the whiners to point their finger at if it's not a perfect draft perfect season or close, and whomever he suggest to be the next GM is not noticeably better than Whaley day one. Who is the source that's what I want to know? WNY media has known absolutely nothing for like 2 years now all of a sudden they have all this exclusive info? Guess who would have even more pressure than Mcdermott if any of this is true, Pegula! You just fired the Sabres GM after another failed year and then you fire Whaley to make room for your rookie head coach to be the most powerful person in the franchise before he has even won 1 single game. It better go absolutely perfect or it's one of the biggest disasters in Buffalo sports history. I see no reason whatsoever anyone involved would want to take those type of risks right now. Doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Edited by Madd Charlie

Honestly, the fans could run this team better. Hate that the NFL requires owners who are billionaires. Buffalo, NY should own the Bills.

I should have known from your posts in other threads that you were a commie!

:lol::lol::lol: