TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why?

Because hes not a capable gm. He's cavalier with draft picks. Cavalier with the cap. Dishonest to his players. Fails to have any foresight. Hasn't done anything to get this team any closer to being a playoff team. Has disruptions with every coaching staff this far. Edited by Bill_with_it

Because hes not a capable gm. Hes cavalier with draft picks. Cavalier with the cap. Dishonest to his players. Fails to have any foresight. Hasnt done nothing to get this team any closer to being a playoff team. Has disruptions with every coaching staff this far.

Saying he hasn't done nothing actually means he's done something.

I can't see Whaley getting fired in between the draft and the season. Pegula would get blasted by the media, and rightfully. Makes no sense to give him the draft right before you fire him. Sounds like journalists stirring the pot to me.

tg is one of the leading crusaders against whaley

i am not sure i really am ready to hang whaley yet.

he was handcuffed to rex ryan. the whaley we see did not seem like someone who was on board the ryan train. i think he just agreed to not go against the grain if he agreed at all.

he was stuck with a roster that wasn't great and lacked a lot of talented positions. he got in over his head in a few places thanks to personnel issues created by rex but all in all, he's not sucked. he's just had a difficult time.

This is all coming from TGs article on Russ

Tim Graham‏Verified account @ByTimGraham 10h10 hours ago

Old Russ: Involved in football decisions more than you knew. Current Russ: Not as involved as you think.

Tim Graham‏Verified account @ByTimGraham 54m54 minutes ago

And things have changed/are changing. Once Whaley is gone, Brandon's last link to what happens on the field will be, too.

peep show‏ @BuffaloWins

I don't think Russ is picking players anymore, but hard to convince me he's not a sounding board for Pegula w/ hiring GMs and coaches

Tim Graham‏Verified account @ByTimGraham 25m25 minutes ago

McDermott essentially will hire the next GM

Brad Smith‏ @Bsmithizzle

Is it a foregone conclusion Whaley is gone after the draft? Feels like it

Tim Graham‏Verified account @ByTimGraham 14m14 minutes ago

I'd been hearing he'd get the 2017 season, but abrupt Sabres moves have changed the mood. I wouldn't be surprised either way

Edit:

John Wawrow‏Verified account @john_wawrow 2m2 minutes ago

And to add to ongoing discussion regarding Whaley's diminishing power, this moved on The AP wire a few hours ago.

http://pro32.ap.org/article/rookie-coach-mcdermotts-voice-gains-prominence-bills

"Don't underestimate the impact Bills rookie coach Sean McDermott has already made on Terry Pegula.

When Buffalo's multi-franchise owner outlined concerns of discipline, structure and character he found lacking in his NHL's Sabres following last week's front-office house-cleaning, they're similar to the troubles Pegula believes he addressed in hiring McDermott."

I'm not sure I believe any of this crap. No good evidence/sources sited. Mostly just speculation.

If Pegula continues to let this franchise spiral out of control with constant change at key positions in the organization, then there is no point in even watching any of this. Constant turnover at coaching sandbags the GM, and changing GMs with new coaches sandbags that coaches.

The one recent move/philosophy of his I can agree with is firing/hiring the Head Coach and GM at the same time as he's doing with the Sabres. With that, Whaley and McDermott should get the 3 years left on Whaley's deal to get this figured out, and then re-evaluate as his deal comes up.

All that said, from the bottom of my heart... #$&% Tim Graham, that little weasel. Too bad most of the BBMBers won't know what a turd he truly is.

Edited by DrDareustein

Because hes not a capable gm. He's cavalier with draft picks. Cavalier with the cap. Dishonest to his players. Fails to have any foresight. Hasn't done anything to get this team any closer to being a playoff team. Has disruptions with every coaching staff this far.

^^^^^Yes this times 1000