TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

So we have the scouts saying they all expect to be fired, reporters saying it's very possible, reports McD is running the draft, former coaches surprised he stayed put, he hasn't been in front of a mic since January, and we still have posters acting like the narrative that he will be gone soon is outlandish to consider?

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible source even if true

Isn't that Damon Talbot? He used to be a TBD poster.

How does a rookie head coach run a draft without a GM and the scouting department?

I would assume he used all the Bills scouting info but made his own picks. Probably what McDermott has been doing since he was hired.

I would assume he used all the Bills scouting info but made his own picks. Probably what McDermott has been doing since he was hired.

It is... and he's unreliable in what's real and what's him just talking out of thin air. Which I suppose isn't unique, but he's bad about it.

Vic CarucciVerified account @viccarucci 4m4 minutes ago

McDermott on being #Bills' sole draft spokesman: As long as I'm the head coach, I do. Going w one-voice approach. Organizational decision."

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn 3m3 minutes ago

Sean McDermott: "Doug (Whaley) and his staff did a phenomenal job. We're focused on this draft."

Jay SkurskiVerified account @JaySkurski 3m3 minutes ago

"Right now I'm focused on this draft and what we have in front of us." -- McDermott on the future of GM Doug Whaley and his scouts. #Bills

Jay SkurskiVerified account @JaySkurski 2m2 minutes ago

Sean McDermott's refusal to give any vote of confidence, at all, about Doug Whaley's future is as telling as can be. #Bills

Terrible source even if true

You're being kind.

How does a rookie head coach run a draft without a GM and the scouting department?

He has an owner who doesn't know his ass from his elbow about the NFL.