TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is about the possible firing of Whaley and the scouts.

What are you doing?

Sorry man the same two backup QB love posters push me over the edge every time I add something about drafting a QB. I added the QB thing because it is the biggest knock I have with Whaley. Once again sorry everyone please return to OP topic. Edited by xRUSHx

The roster is looking a bit bare (we are weaker than last year) and it ages each year.

Dude, you should be ashamed for using a HOF's namesake and speak so much GARBAGE. Roster bare? would you trade this roster for Browns'? or 49ers? Jets?

are you saying mccoy isn't a performer? Glenn, incognito, Dareus, Watkins, Hughes, Lonzo, Brown, Darby. We still haven't seen the best of Lawson, Washington, etc.

Sorry man the same two backup QB love posters push me over the edge every time I add something about drafting a QB. I added the QB thing because it is the biggest knock I have with Whaley. Once again sorry everyone please return to UP topic.

push you over the edge? apparently you either ignored the rules here or just don't care. READ THEM.

crusading is not accepted here. period!

Whaley is a bad drafter.

This board is divided on his abilities as a drafter. It's fair. His performance has been at the average of NFL. Not as bad as 15 other teams but not as good as the top 16. Based on numbers provided by pro football reference, I've crunched some numbers here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193447-nfl-draft-performance-analysis-for-2012-2016/

Sorry man the same two backup QB love posters push me over the edge every time I add something about drafting a QB. I added the QB thing because it is the biggest knock I have with Whaley. Once again sorry everyone please return to OP topic.

BS! I did not even post a single thing about loving Tyrod. And it's not the same 2 people who tell you this stuff. There have literally been dozens and dozens of different people tell you this stuff. This is only like the 2nd time I said anything to you.

And I do not love Tyrod either. I am perfectly fine with the Bills finding an upgrade. I'd welcome it! It would be awesome to have top tier QB.

You bring this same crap up in every thread, regardless of who posts what, then you blame it on someone else. It's a total cop out.

We are all just sick of seeing you write the same exact things over and over again. It's all you talk about. There is no reason for it.

Try discussing some other Bills related topics instead of just posting the same exact crap constantly.

I'm done with this though. I am just going to start using the "report" button when I see you spamming the same crap all the time.

Edited by BillsFan4

push you over the edge? apparently you either ignored the rules here or just don't care. READ THEM.

crusading is not accepted here. period!

Crusading is what your little click does not me, I post only a few times on these boards. I posted once about my opinion on QB and it was because I point the problem at Whaley. You need to back off I already apologized to everyone for bringing Tyrod up in this thread but yet your crusading of me is why I have to once again address it. Go troll someone else with your crusading of being a troll to me just like on BBMB. Same goes for Billsfan4 Edited by xRUSHx

Crusading is what your little click does not me, I post only a few times on these boards. I posted once about my opinion on QB and it was because I point the problem at Whaley. You need to back off I already apologized to everyone for bringing Tyrod up in this thread but yet your crusading of me is why I have to once again address it. Go troll someone else with your crusading of being a troll to me just like on BBMB. Same goes for Billsfan4

Rush....absolutely none of my business.....but you have been doing quite a bit of the definition of crusading and it looks like you got that bullseye......

I would like to see the new group intact.....so maybe find a new tune on the guitar...:)

If Whaley is going, then I doubt he has much input tonight, which actually would be a good thing.

Whaley and staff, both direct and indirect have spent over a year and thousands of man hours preparing. NOBODY ELSE in the building has the requisite familiarity and understanding of this draft class. NOBODY.

The draft is literally all about Whaley's and staff's input.

That doesn't make any sense. He's not forced to take a QB at 10. Why would he take a player at 10 that won't play? He needs the team to win. He's taking a player who can contribute if anything.

He is??? Monday afternoon, all I heard was Whaley should go because he let the Patriots get TD Mike, etc. etc., even though McDermott was in the building when the 5th round tender was put on him. So i'm confused. Whaley is in charge when something happens fans don't like. But if it's something fans like then McDermott is in charge? Is that right?

Just like when something good happens it's all Whaley. Something bad it's Nix/Brandon/insert coach here/Pegulas.

Don't think Whaley is getting fired, scouts getting reshuffled is probably happening more likely than Whaley getting fired.

I don't see Whaley or the fan favorite Russ getting the pink slip.

I agree.

I would hope that Pegs if going to replace Whaley will wait to do it and do it right by hiring a very good seasoned GM not a yes man for McD.

Edited by xRUSHx

I've been over it ad nauseum on this board. The Pegulas had their crack at Rex. Whaley had his crack at Rex. Terry's quote was "once we knew he was our guy, Russ said 'don't let him leave the room'".

I blame Arthur Blank's mother

Saw it. That's called backing your boss. You were asleep during that time?

That means you didn't read it.

The Pegulas are football neophytes. But they weren't going to hire a HC just because he was nice to them in an interview. Of course they relied heavily on Russ and Whaley during that process.

I have no idea why any fan would want Whaley to continue as GM.

And I have no idea why they wouldn't.

Yes, the Pegulas. They extend contracts on key employees and a few months later...

:lol:

No, Whaley wanted Hue Jackson. It's well known that Rex was favored by Russ Brandon.

And Pegs.

IMO, this organization will never see the light of being relevant again until all of Ralph Wilson's people are gone from management.

Maybe get rid of all the pre-Pegs fan base too, with its endless doom and gloom negativity.

Dude, you should be ashamed for using a HOF's namesake and speak so much GARBAGE. Roster bare? would you trade this roster for Browns'? or 49ers? Jets?

are you saying mccoy isn't a performer? Glenn, incognito, Dareus, Watkins, Hughes, Lonzo, Brown, Darby. We still haven't seen the best of Lawson, Washington, etc.

Yeah the roster is not that great and it ages every year. Incognito is 33; Hughes will be 29, McCoy will be 29 (old for an RB, not much left in all honesty), Watkins (love him can't stay healthy), Dareus (one suspension away), LorAx will be 34. Next season all of these players will be one year older. The core good players will be at or over 30. That leaves us Glenn & Darby (I hope you aren't talking about Preston Brown).

That being said, the Browns for instance are in a great spot right now provided they aren't idiots with their picks. Why don't you stop being a homer and take a critical look at this team in the short and long term....

Yeah the roster is not that great and it ages every year. Incognito is 33; Hughes will be 29, McCoy will be 29 (old for an RB, not much left in all honesty), Watkins (love him can't stay healthy), Dareus (one suspension away), LorAx will be 34. Next season all of these players will be one year older. The core good players will be at or over 30. That leaves us Glenn & Darby (I hope you aren't talking about Preston Brown).

That being said, the Browns for instance are in a great spot right now provided they aren't idiots with their picks. Why don't you stop being a homer and take a critical look at this team in the short and long term....

all teams are in the same position with guys phasing out. guess what, the draft and FA brings new guys in. even guys like incognito and hughes can play for years more. shady still has moves, (although i realize he won't be hear for years to come). it's not nearly as awful as you apparently want it to be.

I'm sure the guys who expect to be fired are putting in their best work and damn near killing themselves watching tape and putting everything they have into the job.

They should have started doing this several years ago, no?

This board is divided on his abilities as a drafter. It's fair. His performance has been at the average of NFL. Not as bad as 15 other teams but not as good as the top 16. Based on numbers provided by pro football reference, I've crunched some numbers here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/193447-nfl-draft-performance-analysis-for-2012-2016/

It's an interesting read but I don't know if I trust the methodology.

Any draft will produce a bunch of JAGs. If your team is bad enough, the JAGs will start. What you want to draft is Pro Bowlers. Whaley's drafts aren't producing enough Pro Bowl seasons.

I'm not saying DW is horrible. The hyperbole here can be a little crazy: worst GM in the league, worst in history. DW's actually shown a talent with FAs.

But as for the draft? Subpar so far. Let's hope this one's better.