TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDermott is not Andy Reid. Andy Reid is revolutionizing the game of football. Sean is...not.

You can be ahead of your time and not win a Superbowl. There is a lot involved in winning a Superbowl but the most important is the QB. Give Andy Reid a top 10 QB and he will easily win one.

Reid is an awful playoff game manager. Is that what you meant by "revolutionizing the game of football"?

the Buffalo media banged away against Whaley for a long long time, which is different then the national media reporting scouts think they will be fired. Btw there are scouts that have been there since before Whaley arrived , The scouts dismissal may have nothing to do with Wahley's status..

This is certainly true and it could very well be the case. If so and Whaley stays, you can bet it was his decision to dismiss them.

We all know Ralph valued loyalty and was loyal to his employees. And as part of the sale of the Bills, he had provisions that people could not be fired for several years. It's possible that the scout who said they were all getting fired was referring to those long-time scouts who were protected by the no-firings clause.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sorry to offend you. OBD is wonderful. The standard of NFL organizations to model. SMH

Not offended in the least. It was a serious question. How is the draft going to be impacted by the announcement that scouts said they will be released after the draft. If you insist on being snarky, don't bother to answer. Otherwise, feel free to provide some additional insight.

We all know Ralph valued loyalty and was loyal to his employees. And as part of the sale of the Bills, he had provisions that people could not be fired for several years. It's possible that the scout who said they were all getting fired was referring to those long-time scouts who were protected by the no-firings clause.

Do you have any proof of those provisions?

I have wondered that myself. Many of the scouts in house, are responsible for crappy QB evaluations since Kelly retired. I doubt all go, but I would bet 80% are gone and the new GM brings in his scouts

Not offended in the least. It was a serious question. How is the draft going to be impacted by the announcement that scouts said they will be released after the draft. If you insist on being snarky, don't bother to answer. Otherwise, feel free to provide some additional insight.

If Whaley is going, then I doubt he has much input tonight, which actually would be a good thing.

I thought originally it could but then started thinking that when these guys are looking for jobs....a strong last draft they had the Bills would make them look more attractive to other teams.

I just imagine that would be an unpleasant tension for a few days. Everyone locked in the same room together...

Interesting.

Why give Whaley control over the HC hire and then fire him? That makes no sense.

The goal was for the GM/Coach to be on the same page and ride or die together this next 2-3 years, corresponding with Whaley's extension.

Interesting.

Why give Whaley control over the HC hire and then fire him? That makes no sense.

The goal was for the GM/Coach to be on the same page and ride or die together this next 2-3 years, corresponding with Whaley's extension.

Whaley just did the admin work and set up the meetings. The Pegulas were the deciders as they were with Rex.