TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inevitably there will be disagreement. I've seen Pegula discuss the process of making the 1st round pick with my own eyes, I don't need anyone else's narrative. Go ahead and disagree, I'd expect nothing less of you brother.

I've watched it too. And nowhere has anyone said McD makes the final call on draft picks.

Sorry, but the Pegulas would make themselves out as fools if they fire Whaley after the draft. Proper protocol is to fire the GM after the season, and then fire the scouts the Monday after the draft. What you don't do, is let your GM lead a head coaching search, and then fire them a few months later. Any serious GM candidate is going to resent not being able to hire their own guy.

Firing Whaley now is broadcasting to the rest of the NFL that you are ****ty owners.

Exactly and good luck hiring anyone competent with that reputation. Hell imagine how that would look to prospective hockey GMs while the Pegulas are right in the middle of that search. I just can't see it happening. Edited by HappyDays

Can you explain how, just 3 months into his tenure, McDermott is set up to fail?

all I've been seeing from the few negative posters who proclaim failure, especially the failure of a HC that hasn't even coached one game yet.

but hey, they have a right to mire in their negativity, it doesn't mean what they post, happens. I just wonder if it goes completely the opposite of their views, if they will use the useless "I'll have a serving of crow please"?

they label posters so it's only fair the label them "the doom and gloom club".

icon_gloomy.gif

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I think their process there is flawed, but on the other hand having the coach and GM working in concert is a positive.

I agree. Collaboration is not only positive but necessary. It's not a job for one person all by their little lonesome. It takes a village.

At the same time, there should be a head of the village. This is a blueprint that all NFL champions follow.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

Because hes not a capable gm. He's cavalier with draft picks. Cavalier with the cap. Dishonest to his players. Fails to have any foresight. Hasn't done anything to get this team any closer to being a playoff team. Has disruptions with every coaching staff this far.

Couldn't have said it better. I can't wait till he's gonzo.....

all I've been seeing from the few negative posters who proclaim failure, especially the failure of a HC that hasn't even coached one game yet.

but hey, they have a right to mire in their negativity, it doesn't mean what they post, happens. I just wonder if it goes completely the opposite of their views, if they will use the useless "I'll have a serving of crow please"?

they label posters so it's only fair the label them "the doom and gloom club".

icon_gloomy.gif

If it goes completely the opposite I will celebrate like a madman! When I finally calm down enough to check TSW I will admit to being wrong as I've done innumerable times before. :)

I'm uneasy about the owners being, from appearances, all in on a rookie coach who hasn't won a single NFL game yet. Is it any different from being all in on the Rex Ryan phenomena?

Perhaps a Whaley departure has nothing to do with the culture of personality that is obviously Sean McDermott, but if it does, wow, does it seem premature on ownership's part.

I agree. Consensus is not only positive but necessary. It's not a job for one person all by their little lonesome. It takes a village.

At the same time, there should be a head of the village. This is a blueprint throat all NFL champions follow.

If you paid attention, McDermott himself said Whaley is in charge of the 53.

It makes perfect sense of what has happened over the last couple years with personnel. It makes perfect sense with what we were told about the Rex firing. Whaley was never in charge of Rex in any way. And Whaley is in no way in charge of McDermott. In fact, Whaley serves McDermott. It all fits into place.

Nobody inside or outside the organization denied this. Both the coach & GM reported to the owner. Whaley is not Rex's & McD's boss. And since that's the case, the only rationale for firing Whaley is that the organization no longer trusts his personnel acumen.

As I've said before, analyzing a scout's performance is easy - compare his draft board from last three years to what the players accomplished. There may be many circumstances on why a team didn't get the guy it wanted, but you also know what player the personnel director was pounding the table for.

Couldn't have said it better. I can't wait till he's gonzo.....

i just think that the mg thing was another sign of incompetence....for example...

you obviously know that you have no 4th round pick. why would you not have tendered mg a 4th? i don't get it....and...

being one injury away from needing him. shady will probably not be here next year. hopefully they will take the opportunity to get something for him then. i can't see them paying him at this level for another year...so why wouldn't you pay the extra mil. to keep mike around this year?

if shady goes down....or even if he doesn't, there's no way we are no. one in rushing this year. we will probably drop several spots. the lack of forward thinking by the gm sometimes baffles me.

If it goes completely the opposite I will celebrate like a madman! When I finally calm down enough to check TSW I will admit to being wrong as I've done innumerable times before. :)

I just look for that ray of sunshine through the dark clouds, no right or wrong. just willing to allow some to time pass before bringing out the pitchforks and torches.

lets hope we all will be celebrating, even those who have been highly adamant in their negative views.

bit-thumbsup.gif

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

If you look back at the last couple years and you pay attention to who is being interviewed now and how things are being worded - It seems to me that the picture is very clear. I think McDermott is in charge of this draft. Rex was in charge of the last 2. Whaley has been and is even more so now - simply a high level advisor to Rex and McDermott.

I think Pegula had placed Rex in charge when he was here. I think McDermott is even more so in charge now than Rex even was. And that is the way Pegula intends to run things going forward indefinitely unless he changes his mind for some reason.

Watch McDermott speak and watch him choose his words. He is in charge. Pegula's mindset must be that the coach is more important than the GM.

It makes perfect sense of what has happened over the last couple years with personnel. It makes perfect sense with what we were told about the Rex firing. Whaley was never in charge of Rex in any way. And Whaley is in no way in charge of McDermott. In fact, Whaley serves McDermott. It all fits into place.

it does, and ive wondered similar about the situation. i wouldnt be shocked if it came out that was the hierarchy behind closed doors.