Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault; denies allegations

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's gotta be thinking....I covered my bases by having a four way and I still get in trouble?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its terrible, but youd at least think the witnesses would keep the situation honest both directions.

let me understand your logic. I get falsely accused of rape and relate it to this story and its not a good look for me. !@#$ OFF TROLL

well...you do seem like a guy who whips it out without asking. i'd charge you with rape.

This was probably a dream of his to attend the draft. To think this was taken away because of a lie (assuming it's a lie)...really sucks for him.

I know quite a few women who've been raped. I also know quite a few men who have been falsely accused. I even know of one circumstance similar to Conley's, where witnesses said "they were never alone, nothing happened," and the accused still did six months' time.

I've stopped trusting any reports in rape cases.

They're pretty much all college kids. They're morons by definition.

I hope you know all these situations because of your job. If not, what the hell?

This always cracks me up, what are they supposed to do say "sure I did it?" Of course he is strongly denying it.

and what are we supposed to do? Tie him to a cinder block and toss him off a bridge?

Why is the concept of innocent until proven guilty so god damn hard for our society when it is a Pilar of our foundation?!?!

Its despicable.

I don't mean this in an insulting way, but a college aged girl is living in a much different world than a few generations ago.

that it sounds like she agreed to going with a stranger on an elevator is odd (especially if she didn't know who he was), but that she might've been present with others but not interested herself isn't totally unheard of.

you're right. Its different today. But college girls will show up at my house or invite me to their dorm/apartment all the damn time without knowing me at all. The culture is entirely different where you'd never beleive what goes on - just go look at IG enoigh

and what are we supposed to do? Tie him to a cinder block and toss him off a bridge?

Why is the concept of innocent until proven guilty so god damn hard for our society when it is a Pilar of our foundation?!?!

Its despicable.

Not saying he's guilty, but NFL is a business and there's plenty of other guys to draft that won't get you a load of negative publicity. He did something dumb enough where the police had to file a report and refer case to sexual crimes unit whether woman is lying or not.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

That is why I just take a flyer on him. If cleared cool, if not, meh

That's also why Collins' agent said Collins would sit out if he were taken after the third. As undrafted first-round talent, he stood to make more as a UDFA than a fifth-round pick.

That's also why Collins' agent said Collins would sit out if he were taken after the third. As undrafted first-round talent, he stood to make more as a UDFA than a fifth-round pick.

DC, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a player had to actually go undrafted to sit out and go back next year or sign as a UDFA?

I kinda wish we had tested their resolve on that.

It could be like La'el Collins where there isn't enough time to clear him before the draft so goes undrafted, then signs somewhere if/when cleared.

This has to be in my mind. It was a huge story at the time and I remember people bring shocked that he went undrafted. Then, the whole thing blows over and the Cowboys get an embarassment of riches on their O-line.

Unless you really know for sure, I'd roll the dice with a 5th rounder all day long!

i just don't see coach McD doing this ; against everything he stands for.

If he's cleared? sure ; if not cleared yet? no way we draft him

DC, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a player had to actually go undrafted to sit out and go back next year or sign as a UDFA?

His threat was to not report if he was picked after the 3rd round. If the drafted player isn't signed, he's eligible for next year's draft

Not saying he's guilty, but NFL is a business and there's plenty of other guys to draft that won't get you a load of negative publicity. He did something dumb enough where the police had to file a report and refer case to sexual crimes unit whether woman is lying or not.

so we allow public opinion to dictate and overpower law?

Yeah, that's pretty much Murika. Hands up, I give up.

so we allow public opinion to dictate and overpower law?

Nobody's sending him to jail. Business decision not to spend a high pick on him and give him millions of dollars. Maybe next time he'll learn that if the girl you just met in an elevator is crazy enough to go to your room for a foursome she's crazy enough to go to the cops and make up a story.

Yeah, that's pretty much Murika. Hands up, I give up.

Nobody's convicting him. Business decision not to spend high pick on him and give him millions of dollars. Maybe next time he'll be smarter a week before he strikes it rich. If she's crazy enough to go to your room for foursome after just meeting you on elevator, she's crazy enough to go to the cops and make up a story.

Edited by BuffaloRebound