Greggy Williams...that's so Browns!

Mr. WEO

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000800899/article/joe-haden-gregg-williams-already-improving-browns

"His energy's crazy," Haden said Tuesday, via Cleveland.com. "He definitely brings a different attitude. He's very, very vocal, in your face and I feel like we definitely need that. Haden added: "It's a shock, but that's what we need. We need somebody that's going to switch it up, change it up, tell us something, cuss us out, scream at us, let us know that we're sorry right now and we've got to be better."

The best part: "We need somebody that's going to keep everybody accountable,"

It's nice to see the new brain trust (Moneyballl!!!) is continuing on the Browns laughing stock tradition.

Sounds like most sound bits from most new coaches taking over bad units. I'm not sure how he is continuing on the Browns laughing stock of an organization. I see the Browns and the Bills in the same league when it comes to laughing stocks. At this point, I wish the Bills were as progressive as the Browns.

I may be in the minority but I like the moves the Browns are making, collecting draft picks like the Dallas Cowboys of the 90's, They are hiring whoever they can to help them turn into winners and I like that, seems like what the Bills are trying to do with the hiring of McDermott, when Whaley is fired we will hopefully do the same :D .

Word is there is $15,000 on each of Roethlisberger's , Dalton's, and Flacco's knees in the pot already.

Stood there like a Jauron his whole time here, then became the Tasmanian Devil with the Saints.

Which will show up next?

I may be in the minority but I like the moves the Browns are making, collecting draft picks like the Dallas Cowboys of the 90's, They are hiring whoever they can to help them turn into winners and I like that, seems like what the Bills are trying to do with the hiring of McDermott, when Whaley is fired we will hopefully do the same :D .

Bills fans can't handle the Browns have done it right. Started with over 100 mil in cap room, they own the next two drafts, they are way ahead of us. Too bad the Pegulas weren't willing to clean house and start over, instead we keep trying to use Tylenol to cure cancer essentially.

Bills fans can't handle the Browns have done it right. Started with over 100 mil in cap room, they own the next two drafts, they are way ahead of us. Too bad the Pegulas weren't willing to clean house and start over, instead we keep trying to use Tylenol to cure cancer essentially.

Only if they get the draft picks right!

And that's a big if...

LOL!

Sounds like most sound bits from most new coaches taking over bad units. I'm not sure how he is continuing on the Browns laughing stock of an organization. I see the Browns and the Bills in the same league when it comes to laughing stocks. At this point, I wish the Bills were as progressive as the Browns.

I even posted the unintentionally ironic quotes and you still didn't get it. You probably don't remember him form his days with the Bills. He yells a lot, that's a bout it.

Williams is a fraud. His only significant contribution to coaching was his explicit bounty program.

Done what right? Hoarded draft picks? So what? They still don't have a serviceable starting QB. Hue Jidiot could have had one last year in the draft but he thought he didn't need one. Now they have relieved Houston of a huge mistake with Osweiler and a 2nd round future pick for the price of at least 16 million this year. Tyrod is better than any of the 7 Browns QBs since this time last year.

I seem to recall him pretty much being a douche while he was in Buffalo too.

There were so many soulless and emotionless Bills coaches standing there the last 20 years that none stood out.

I think I've forgotten the names of 2 or 3 of them.

I defer to your memory bank if you can recall anything that made Williams stand out from any of them.

Edited by row_33

Browns have had 2 first round picks 4 out of the last 10 drafts. There are currently only 2 of those guys still on the roster.

Yeahhhh....

Doesn't matter how many times you pick if you suck at picking!

Edited by Elite Poster

We will see exactly what the Browns do with all of that cap space and draft choices. They had two massive trade downs this decade that allotted them draft picks that they really didn't do a lot with. The trade downs for Juilo Jones and Sammy might have been the right deals in theory but the Browns just didn't produce the players from those additional picks. Now with the Wentz trade downs and all of their other maneuvers they have another treasure trove of picks but what exactly will it manifest into?

Good on paper don't always pan out. The Browns are still a mess as they just keep rolling over cap space with no real results and their allotment of draft picks while great isn't a guarantee. So I will wait and see just exactly how well the Browns do in the upcoming draft before I call their strategy successful.

There were so many soulless and emotionless Bills coaches standing there the last 20 years that none stood out.

I think I've forgotten the names of 2 or 3 of them.

I defer to your memory bank if you can recall anything that made Williams stand out from any of them.

He used the famous Air-Horn during training camp. All that did was make the players hate is guts.

Considering GW's role in the Bountygate scandal, I had to laugh at the opening line of the article:

"Notorious defensive coordinator Gregg Williams speaks loudly and carries a big stick."

Hilarious that any Bills fan thinks we can laugh at any other franchise.

Everyone likes to kick the Browns around, but guess what? They have an overall winning record, and 8 titles over two leagues. And have also been to the playoffs during our current run of futility.

Cleveland Browns

Seasons: 69 (1946 to 2017)

Record (W-L-T): 509-470-13

Playoff Record: 16-20

Super Bowls Won: 0 (0 Appearances)

Championships Won: 8 (AAFC & NFL)

Buffalo Bills

Seasons: 58 (1960 to 2017)

Record (W-L-T): 400-460-8

Playoff Record: 14-15

Super Bowls Won: 0 (4 Appearances)

Championships Won: 2 (AFL)

60 games under .500 all-time. Chew on that next time you want to mock any other franchise in any sport.

Yeah, they have the league by the balls.

I hope the Browns fail on every draft pick this draft. I just want them to fail horribly.

Why? Does it make you feel better about our dysfunctional organization?

Everyone likes to kick the Browns around, but guess what? They have an overall winning record, and 8 titles over two leagues. And have also been to the playoffs during our current run of futility.

Cleveland Browns

Buffalo Bills

60 games under .500 all-time. Chew on that next time you want to mock any other franchise in any sport.

I'd say the fact that they have never been to a SB, plays in our favor more.

No one cares about our 'appearances' anymore. It's nothing but a trivia question.

I think it matters. Browns are one of three teams I think or four, never to have been to one. And the Browns never had a decade of winning like we had in the 90's.

'Former first-round pick Joe Haden said he's been confronted and challenged by Williams early in offseason workouts.

"His energy's crazy," Haden said Tuesday, via Cleveland.com. "He definitely brings a different attitude. He's very, very vocal, in your face and I feel like we definitely need that."

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting things, but this almost makes it sound like Williams has been on the field during workouts. I thought that wasn't allowed at this time in the offseason programs? I know McDermott and his coaches weren't allowed on the field or in the gym with our players. Only the trainers were.

Nonsense.

They have 'owned' several of the last decade of drafts.

Didn't accomplish jack.

I for one am not at all worried about the Browns outdoing the Bills.

Cleveland Browns

Buffalo Bills

I think it matters. Browns are one of three teams I think or four, never to have been to one. And the Browns never had a decade of winning like we had in the 90's.

Yes, but the team formerly known as the Browns won a SB the year after the current team was established, only 4 years after relocating. The current Browns are an expansion team that joined the league in 1999.

Edited by transient

Cleveland Browns

Buffalo Bills

Doesn't matter Cleveland is garbage.

Cleveland Browns

Buffalo Bills

In fewer words, you could have just said you don't understand what this thread is about.

You called the Browns out for their "laughing stock tradition".

I'm calling out "glass houses".

You pointed out that the Bills are 60 games under 0.500 for their existence. Since 1999, when the current iteration of the Browns came in to existence, they are 88-200. IN 18 YEARS THEY'RE 112 GAMES UNDER 0.500. How is this not a laughingstock tradition? Since their re-inception they've been an unmitigated disaster. Edited by transient