[Misleading Title]

gjv001

Surprised that not one member of the illustrious Buffalo Sports media has sought out Cardale Jones this off season.

I would think that many Bills Fans have an interest as to what work, if any, Cardale Jones has done to improve his QB skills.

Perhaps I've just missed a report.

he was taking classes to finish his degree, working out at the WHAC, and working with QB coach Jeff Christensen throwitdeep.com

Buddy said he saw him 2 weeks ago at Osu practice, looked in good shape

Edited by YoloinOhio

he was taking classes to finish his degree, working out at the WHAC, and working with QB coach Jeff Christensen throwitdeep.com

Buddy said he saw him 2 weeks ago at Osu practice, looked in good shape

....scary part is published reports about his struggles to run the Scout Team....

He isn't in the Bills plans, otherwise it would be like the first EJ off-season where we were spoonfed constant updates on his training regimen.

perhaps but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on that. New communications director and he's the backup, not the starter. We've seen plenty on Tyrod.

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

He isn't in the Bills plans, otherwise it would be like the first EJ off-season where we were spoonfed constant updates on his training regimen.

I'm sitting here wondering if these updates on EJ may have been due to the fact the he was the starter the prior year, and not the 3rd string QB.

I doubt the bills would cut a 4th round qb that was drafted as a project after one offseason unless he looked completely lost and talentless.

After seeing him in the preseason and the finale i believe he showed potential and ability

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

In cases like these, can a mod just create a title that makes sense, so everyone looking at TSW doesn't have to click on this thread to see what it is?

Maybe something like, "What Does Cardale Jones' Future Hold?"

Actually Whaley was reported to be excited about him and McD talked him up when asked about him this offseason.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/doug-whaley-believes-cardale-jones-130053860.html

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2017/03/80479/buffalo-bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-cardale-jones-is-an-option-for-us

I'm surprised some of you already forgot about the massive TBD meltdown when Carucci reported that about Whaley thinking he could play

Edited by YoloinOhio

I doubt the bills would cut a 4th round qb that was drafted as a project after one offseason unless he looked completely lost and talentless.

After seeing him in the preseason and the finale i believe he showed potential and ability

Right. Unless they pick up a project QB they like better. And even still they may stash him somewhere as the scout team QB

The Bills resigned their Pro Bowl starting QB to a new contract in the off season. How much talk do you expect about a back up who has zero chance of seeing the field in 2017? You might be looking past Tyrod but I assure you the Team isn't.

The Bills resigned their Pro Bowl starting QB to a new contract in the off season. How much talk do you expect about a back up who has zero chance of seeing the field in 2017? You might be looking past Tyrod but I assure you the Team isn't.

If they're not looking past him, why did they give him a bridge deal?

If they're not looking past him, why did they give him a bridge deal?

I agree with you Gug. I think they are fine with TT for the moment. I think they want to be ready in case he isnt going to improve under the new staff. Thus the bridge deal. If he does light it on fire they will renegotiate and go long term.

Surprised that not one member of the illustrious Buffalo Sports media has sought out Cardale Jones this off season.

I would think that many Bills Fans have an interest as to what work, if any, Cardale Jones has done to improve his QB skills.

Perhaps I've just missed a report.

Based on the number of your posts, you're probably new around here so don't know that "Buffalo Media" has long been a whipping boy at TBD, and justifiably so. The reason there's no "reporting" on Cardale or really any other Bills beyond the team's PR handouts is that the "Buffalo Media" would have to get off its collective behind and actually do some reporting. It is much, much easier to just sit in a cubicle and B word about Pegs, or Whaley, or Brandon, to create whole narratives based on an uninformed tweet from La Canfora, or just motor off to One Bills Drive for the pro forma "news conference" then motor back to downtown and regurgitate whatever thin gruel the Bills put out, with the addition of "hot rumors" picked up from other "Buffalo Media" types who are doing the same thing with your rumors. The only local reporter worth a damn is JW and he's technically not "Buffalo Media," being an AP reporter. We did have one really good BN reporter but he fled the stinking (sic) ship as soon as he could. Probably for the best as an environment of Bucky and Jerry and Jay and Vic would soon have brought on Early Onset Screaming Meemies.

I do believe he will be cut before the season starts.

CUCJ

Why? we still need a backup and he has a ton of potential to work with, its only his second yr, it would be dumb to just cut him.

The Bills resigned their Pro Bowl Alternate starting QB to a reduced new contract in the off season. How much talk do you expect about a back up who has zero chance of seeing the field in 2017? You might be looking past Tyrod but I assure you the Team isn't sold on him.

FTFY - clearly you value TT more than the Bills do.

In cases like these, can a mod just create a title that makes sense, so everyone looking at TSW doesn't have to click on this thread to see what it is?

Maybe something like, "What Does Cardale Jones' Future Hold?"

Yes they can but usually only to protect someone like racist owner of Washington's team.

can you be more specific? Not aware of any issues with his work ethic and i am pretty close to the program.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/nfl-talk-buzzing-cardale-jones-says-hes-not-ready

Plus I have read reports of him taking a lot of time off last season. Sorry can't find a link for that.

It does not matter though, I just feel Jones will not be in the NFL long.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/nfl-talk-buzzing-cardale-jones-says-hes-not-ready

Plus I have read reports of him taking a lot of time off last season. Sorry can't find a link for that.

There is nothing whatsoever in that two and a half year old article that supports your "feeling" that Cardale will be cut or that he has a poor work ethic. Nice try, though.

no issues with your opinion on Jones, but that article references that his work ethic changed once Urban and his staff got there. Urban inherited him. He had a very very tough upbringing, and not everyone can be raised like JT Barrett and be ready to go all "Tebow" as a freshman. Though it should be noted Cardale was the one who picked JT up from the po po after his OVI arrest. Perception is everything I guess.

Already mentioned why he was in Columbus a lot last year. Unfortunate situation I won't elaborate on for privacy reasons . the article you read was from Vic and he either didn't research why he was here or didn't care.

Neither shows he will be cut. He certainly could be if he doesn't earn a spot in camp (or traded).

Edited by YoloinOhio

I do not claim to be predicting the future.

I stated that that is what I felt would happen based on what I have read.

I am not trying to change anyone's mind.

This is my OPINION!!!!!

I do not claim to be predicting the future.

I stated that that is what I felt would happen based on what I have read.

I am not trying to change anyone's mind.

This is my OPINION!!!!!

i know, that's why I said at the beginning that I have no issues with your opinion. Since you were just basing it on a couple articles you read, i thought you might want some context. May or may not have any impact on your opinion, just providing info outside of those articles.