Zach Brown visiting Bills

According to "BF Insiders" on twitter:

Zach Brown fired agent because agent priced him away from #Bills. Agent misjudged market. Brown wants back in Buffalo but price was to high.

https://twitter.com/bf_insiders/status/844233263598223360

Holy crap if this is true it'd be amazing!!!

The Bills are starting to resemble a real NFL team again... getting more excited about the draft

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the part about Oakland/Miami getting discount doesn't make sense with the reports that both teams were far apart in money... and I suppose he could be using buffalo for leverage but neither of those teams seemed desperate to get into a bidding war.

Could be his new agent putting some bs out there too. I still think Whaley put an offer on the table at the beginning, an offer similar to Alexander's, and we're not gonna budge.

Jamal Womble, who claims to be friends with Brown and former college teammate, said Brown is in Buffalo tonight but in no rush to sign anywhere and has more visits lined up.

He says Oakland still in the running, but contract offered was "disrespectful". Miami the front runner

Jamal Womble, who claims to be friends with Brown and former college teammate, said Brown is in Buffalo tonight but in no rush to sign anywhere and has more visits lined up.

He says Oakland still in the running, but contract offered was "disrespectful". Miami the front runner

really want the bills to stick to their guns here

Z Brown is not a 10 million dollar a year player......

According to this, Buffalo is not his preferred destination and would need to overpay to get him

@phinsiderradio

Zach Brown is headed back to Buffalo, but Miami and Oakland remain his preferred destinations, with Miami on top. Will come down to $$.

.@ReadytoWomble tells us that Zach Brown is absolutely drawn to Adam Gase, the weather in Miami, and playing alongside Timmons and Alonso.

It's a 2 two team race. Oak and Miami. Other teams are there but would have to overpay to land him. Oak/miami getting garage sale price

The fact that this reports mentions exactly what he wants indicates this report is false. It is one thing to know his preferred destination and its a whole other thing to say he prefers miami because he can play next to Kiko and Timmons... no reporter can honestly know that! Especially when Zach is so close to Preston

No I disagree. The biggest need is still WR. CB can be had in rds 2 or 3. CB is fairly deep this year as far as I understand anyways. But you definitely grab a WR in the 1st. But that's just me, anyway......

I wouldn't hate the move, but a healthy Sammy and a bunch of healthy #3's is enough in this league. CB is the bigger need but I also agree they could go WR, DB, DB in first three rounds and find three starters.

the part about Oakland/Miami getting discount doesn't make sense with the reports that both teams were far apart in money... and I suppose he could be using buffalo for leverage but neither of those teams seemed desperate to get into a bidding war.

None of that report passes the sniff test. Mr. Womble, who claims to be, and he may very well be, a friend of Zach Brown said the Oakland offer was disrespectful. He leaves there without signing. He supposedly was talking to the Colts. No deal. He visits Miami. Leaves without signing. All of those teams signed other LB's. Obviously he is not getting the $/years he thinks he's due. He would already know what the Bills can and can't or will and won't do. I would guess he's back in Buff because the Bills might give him more than one year or maybe they give him one year, but a bit more $. He ain't getting overpayed anywhere though.

Outside of that, I find it strange some random "friend" is telling Brown's "business" on twitter. It's weird.

Edited by purple haze

Spotrac has Zach's market value at $4.5M a year fwiw

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/zach-brown-9862/market-value/

The Dolphins announced they have given the linebacker a three-year contract extension, keeping Alonso under contract
in Miami through 2020. The extension is worth $25 million, including $18.5 million guaranteed, which is tacked on to the
$3.9 million restricted tender he received this season, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday
I don't see Fins adding Zach after the big Kiko contract , wow,
Edited by ALF

According to this, Buffalo is not his preferred destination and would need to overpay to get him

@phinsiderradio

Zach Brown is headed back to Buffalo, but Miami and Oakland remain his preferred destinations, with Miami on top. Will come down to $$.

.@ReadytoWomble tells us that Zach Brown is absolutely drawn to Adam Gase, the weather in Miami, and playing alongside Timmons and Alonso.

It's a 2 two team race. Oak and Miami. Other teams are there but would have to overpay to land him. Oak/miami getting garage sale price

How can this be known? If true it would mean Brown or his agent told people in Miami that, in effect giving away leverage to Miami, and then topped it off by heading to Buffalo to waste everyone's time in a place he's not interested in. And all this from his NEWER, BETTER agent?

Everyone needs to relax until they see the D

McD has had successful defenses with 2 different team with 2 different sets of personel

but scheme....it's all about the scheme......we need players to fit the scheme.....does Brown fit the scheme......did I mention the scheme?

None of that report passes the sniff test. Mr. Womble, who claims to be, and he may very well be, a friend of Zach Brown said the Oakland offer was disrespectful. He leaves there without signing. He supposedly was talking to the Colts. No deal. He visits Miami. Leaves without signing. All of those teams signed other LB's. Obviously he is not getting the $/years he thinks he's due. He would already know what the Bills can and can't or will and won't do. I would guess he's back in Buff because the Bills might give him more than one year or maybe they give him one year, but a bit more $. He ain't getting overpayed anywhere though.

Outside of that, I find it strange some random "friend" is telling Brown's "business" on twitter. It's weird.

i agree it's weird. If I were Zach I would be pissed. Not only is Womble putting this on twitter, he went and talked about it on a radio show. Something doesn't add up. Edited by YoloinOhio

Your essentially saying none of the LBs we have fit this defense.

Ay I'll say it again, the Rex hire really offset any success or momentum they gained from that 2014 season.

He doesn't know what he's talking about so don't listen to him.

If Jim Schwartz can make Spikes, Brown and Bradham work in a base 4-3...McDermott can make Brown, Ragland and Alexander work.

Preston Brown played well at Will in a 4-3.

McDermott wanted Alexander back to play a Thomas Davis role in our defense.

Ragland may not have a great 40 but is instinctive and does have range. Not Keuchly level because he's rare. Not everyone has an elite MLB with Keuchly speed but they can make it work. Jerimiah Trotter was the MLB in Philly when McDermott was there. Trotter was a pretty good player....260 lbs.

Everyone needs to relax until they see the D

McD has had successful defenses with 2 different team with 2 different sets of personel

Exactly.

sorry to burst your bubble. MCD is doomed and his time in Buffalo was numbered as soon as we hired him then inked Taylor and let Gilmore walk. Gilmore, per my source, had a good chance at Carolina had he stayed. The coaches as a whole liked him and he wanted to go home. The market there changed when mcd left and bradberry and worely over achieved at the end of the season. Both ofnthem may be pro bowlers once day

Your posts especially about defense is equivalent to striking out in slow pitch softball.

@mikerodak: Bills have ~$10 million in cap space, per NFLPA public report. Current $10.9M figure does not include Andre Holmes

Squeezing ZB in there and having the money for Draft Picks and UDFA's seems daunting. And don't forget about Gillislee.

Edited by BillsFanForever19