Zach Brown visiting Bills

@mikerodak: Bills have ~$10 million in cap space, per NFLPA public report. Current $10.9M figure does not include Andre Holmes

Squeezing ZB in there and having the money for Draft Picks and UDFA's seems daunting. And don't forget about Gillislee.

Last I checked on Spotrac, that ~10M was after estimated draft picks costs. And Gilly was on there. Also, the UDFA's won't count because we already have over 51 people on the roster. That's more than enough to add on a mid-priced vet free agent.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that the only way that you keep Zach Brown playing strong is if you design a contract structured like a "carrot on a stick".

Structure a contract with lots of "outs" and "insentive based".

This way, if he decides to phone it in, the Bills have the option to part ways and not be out any $$$.

I still am wondering how McD will coerce Marcell Dareus into earning his pay.

Last I checked on Spotrac, that ~10M was after estimated draft picks costs. And Gilly was on there. Also, the UDFA's won't count because we already have over 51 people on the roster. That's more than enough to add on a mid-priced vet free agent.

I'm assuming that does not include the $4.2 mil they will get after June 1 from Aaron Williams right?

Also the estimated draft picks cost is only half that amount they need to actually budget for since the top 3 draft picks will displace the players at #49, #50 and #51 on their top 51 contracts that count against the cap.

The Bills can pretty much do what they'd like and make room for it if they have to. Bills have some really good cap people, regardless of what people might think.

Well when you told me you know more about this defense than McDermott....I get skeptical.

Then you state you think Vic Beasley, Cam Wake and Jerry Hughes aren't true 3 down defensive ends.

You got Dwan Edwards position wrong on the Bills and Panthers.

You compared Brandon Spikes and Reggie Raglands abilities. Spikes is purely a 2 down downhill linebacker...that's it. Ragland is a lot more versatile. Nick Saban used Ragland to cover RB's out of the backfield and used him as a defensive end in some pass rushing packages. Ragland doesn't have a great 40 (4.72) but his instincts are great. Brandon Spikes ran a 5.06 40 yard dash....he's extremely slow.

Preston Brown player very well as a WLB with Schwartz. Why can't he now?

Ragland also shed some pounds and ran a faster forty at his pro-day in the 4.6 range, he is also said to have good instincts and can hold his own in zone coverage

I think Ragland becomes a great linebacker with us.

Me too! I was ecstatic to land him last year. I can't wait to see what the lineup is come September. He'd be a great Sam imo,but is also fast enough/instinctual enough to chase from the Mike. I can see alot of disguised looks coming from McD, unlike Rex and his declarations of disguise, that were way too complicated apparently. These guys will be able to pin their ears back,and go get the ball. Even if Zach re-signs,I'd personally still get a Will in the draft and let the best man win

Is Miami preparing to not get Zach? The thought had been Misi would get cut if he signed there due to his cap hit

@flasportsbuzz

As @AndySlater reported a few minutes ago, a source confirms to me that Koa Misi has agreed to restructure his contract.

Is Miami preparing to not get Zach? The thought had been Misi would get cut if he signed there due to his cap hit

@flasportsbuzz

As @AndySlater reported a few minutes ago, a source confirms to me that Koa Misi has agreed to restructure his contract.

Wouldn't the restructured contract allow more room for Zach?

the thought had been they would cut him outright if they got Zach. They play the same position. That they decided to restructure today may indicate they know they need to hang on to him. I honesty don't know what their cap situation is though so could go either way if they are in cap jail. Edited by YoloinOhio

yea, but i don't think they want to put that much $$ into the LB core...they paid Timmons $12mil 2 year deal...ZB played much better and is younger then Timmons so ZB most likely would want $$ comp to that deal...plus they just paid Kiko good $$..so my thoughts is they won't want to pay the LB core that much...plus as Yolo says they play same position....I could be wrong tho

Edited by Tsaikotic

yea, but i don't think they want to put that much $$ into the LB core...they paid Timmons $12mil 2 year deal...ZB played much better and is younger then Timmons so ZB most likely would want $$ comp to that deal...plus they just paid Kiko good $$..so my thoughts is they won't want to pay the LB core that much...plus as Yolo says they play same position....I could be wrong tho

doesn't Misi play strong? And Jenkins played Will? If so,Brown would just take Jenkins' spot,in essence?

Well when you told me you know more about this defense than McDermott....I get skeptical.

Then you state you think Vic Beasley, Cam Wake and Jerry Hughes aren't true 3 down defensive ends. They're pass rushers. Wake can't contain a run. Beasley is overrated. Hughes lost a step on contain

You got Dwan Edwards position wrong on the Bills and Panthers.

No I didn't. I watched all but 4 games on TV of the panthers, mostly because I was either at other games or the panthers/vikings game. I live here so I see them all.

You compared Brandon Spikes and Reggie Raglands abilities. Spikes is purely a 2 down downhill linebacker...that's it. Ragland is a lot more versatile. Nick Saban used Ragland to cover RB's out of the backfield and used him as a defensive end in some pass rushing packages. Ragland doesn't have a great 40 (4.72) but his instincts are great. Brandon Spikes ran a 5.06 40 yard dash....he's extremely slow.

Ragland has never played a down and pulled in the CFB game for not being able to cover. I trust saban to know his guy after 4 yrs. 4.72 is slow as balls. Even I broke 4.6 at 220 lbs.

Preston Brown player very well as a WLB with Schwartz. Why can't he now?

Entirely different system. Wide 9 is light years different than mcds d

sorry for the lazy response. Mobile responding is a B word

I still am wondering how McD will coerce Marcell Dareus into earning his pay.

yeah unfortunately, i kind of suspect we've seen the best of Dareus and it's going to be downhill from here. I don't think he has the drive to succeed long term, and he's at the end of where his raw physical strength is going to get it done. I was just thinking about this yesterday (Crimson tide spring practice first day!) and came to the conclusion that McDermott will probably scheme to minimize MD's role so when MD decides to phone it in, he wont take the whole D with him