FA CB Deshawn Shead visiting Bills

Why would he start on pup? It's 8 month rehab from January. That pegs us into August just in time for the season.

I know all the articles say that but I guess I'm missing the timeline.

I know Adrian Peterson is a freak but I believe he was jogging 5 months after ACL surgery...he had a second torn ligament too. I think Welker was the same way?

If this guys rehab goes well, I wouldn't be shocked if he's at least moving around by training camp.

Whey not Brandon Carr? Guy has never missed a gameSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carr would be a great addition.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've read, Pete Carroll thinks he could be ready to start the season because he's "crushing rehab" and because of his determination/work ethic. The GM has gone so far as to say it might be late this season. Makes me think the GM is trying to dissuade teams from going after him.

From what I've read, Pete Carroll thinks he could be ready to start the season because he's "crushing rehab" and because of his determination/work ethic. The GM has gone so far as to say it might be late this season. Makes me think the GM is trying to dissuade teams from going after him.

Your last sentence sounds like it could be spot on.

If we land this guy....it would be awesome. Gives us more flexibility in the draft.

Carr would be a great addition.

I like Carr as a player, but I don't see it as a great fit.

He's much better off in a press-man scheme IMO.

Shead is a bit longer, and as a former safety, is a sound tackler.

I wouldn't mind this pickup at all.

If he thought that, they would've tendered him IMO.

Have been wondering why the lack of discussion on him, too. Is it scheme fit?

Yes.

I like Carr as a player, but I don't see it as a great fit.

He's much better off in a press-man scheme IMO.

Shead is a bit longer, and as a former safety, is a sound tackler.

I wouldn't mind this pickup at all.

Thanks for the info. I know Carr mostly by name so not too in depth with his true abilities.

Solid player and would fit the scheme nicely I think. Make it happen!

Side note: I hate how the NFL takes down the videos off of youtube. Do they have people and that's their job? Just to scurry the internet and delete videos or something? I mean, is it really that big of a deal? Lame! ok, I'm done lol.

When is Shead scheduled to be in the building?

Doug has him locked in the basement. He's having a heart to heart with Berchtold, whose office is down there. Berchtold said that when asked why he decided to sign with the Bills, the answer is never "they offered the most money" or "the other players here at my position suck so I think I'll play a lot." It's always, always "The fans" followed by an anecdote about when you played here that one time and the fans were so into it and the atmosphere was college-like.

Doug has him locked in the basement. He's having a heart to heart with Berchtold, whose office is down there. Berchtold said that when asked why he decided to sign with the Bills, the answer is never "they offered the most money" or "the other players here at my position suck so I think I'll play a lot." It's always, always "The fans" followed by an anecdote about when you played here that one time and the fans were so into it and the atmosphere was college-like.

This....is the truth. Maybe not the basement as that is demeaning and not the way in which to start a fruitful relationship, but this conversation assuredly happens. I can actually see it happening via "Skype" in a boardroom, but in fact it just being a pre-recorded generic message repeated over and over to all signed free agents.

Carr just signed with the Ravens.

Someone heard me say there are alot of CBs left. lol. Going fast now.

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

Former Cowboys' CB Morris Claiborne is expected to sign with the Jets, per league source. CB market now moving.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Snead is a tricky contract value to derive though, with the injury

His agent probably doesn't think so. If he was injured during the season, would we dock his pay? His agent likely doesn't care or find it relevant that he has been injured.

No, no. Typical Bills fashion is signing a guy who is going to start the season on the PUP list. We're going to get him.

I don't see how this would matter. Let'a say he was on our roster, he got injured and had to miss 6 games. Would we cut him?

Just don't see this guy coming here. The Bills are trying to get guys cheap, and in this market. that is just an insult to these players.

Not sure why we are even wasting people's time.

Um, what?

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this opinion, combined with your overly negative post in the Holmes thread, has me leery of your level of reason.

Just don't see this guy coming here. The Bills are trying to get guys cheap, and in this market. that is just an insult to these players.

Not sure why we are even wasting people's time.

Why are they even bothering with the visit then?

Carr just signed with the Ravens.

both Cowboys corners gone !

Someone heard me say there are alot of CBs left. lol. Going fast now.

Nice job ! geesh!!

I'd make it a 2 yr deal since he is most likely on PUP or IR next season with low guaranteed money in the 2nd year but with incentives based on games played.

Tough call. May not be enough. I am sure Bills would and he would want incentives. If they both feel strongly about his recovery. He can already a play football well.

Get the DRs involved heavily, pock and prod. Then offer him a longer deal to get him here.

Sounds odd for an injured player, but i think there might some bidding for him ??

I wasn't hot on either Carr or Claiborne.

Shead, Alterraun Verner, or Sam Shields are the guys on my list.

Scheme guys ?

Fingers crossed that we sign both Holmes and Shead! I would be better going into this draft with better options with those two holes filled.

I agree those players would- could be decent additions at the least.

Good! I want as much questions answered going into the draft as possible.

I am fine with gaining sure fire depth players at this point, and some with upside. Lower risk guys mostly too.

Make drafting BPA so much easier I suspect

But then again , a risk like Shead is something to season the sauce with !

Good! I want as much questions answered going into the draft as possible.

I watch every Seahawks game and have enjoyed his play out here and would love to see him on the Bills. That being said, his injury doesn't answer questions, it adds to the list of them.