Has any team contacted EJ Manuel about a tryout?

HOUSE

Wise words, 2018!

And if we keep our egos out of all this, we won't feel the need to attack our fellow Bills fans. It's when our egos are hurt that we lash out.

I like this site best when it overflows with Bills comaraderie, not when the contest of egos take over.

Well said my man. I've been guilty of it and most of us have. Fortunately we're all ultimately here because we have something in common, a love for the Buffalo Bills.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please correct me if wrong

I googled it................nope

Seems strange to me.....even Gino Smith got a few tryouts

This was our #1 draft pick just a few years ago....

NO INTEREST & NO TRYOUTS???

he was one of the 1st guys hired this offseason, hes bagging at BJ's

I don't know what to tell ya,I'm just the messanger.But,id assume it was a coaching decision? Also,where did you see/hear that Cassel was automatically advanced to #2 upon his return? As you said yourself,there was no football in between,so how does a QB come back from being cut after three days,and out play anyone to automatically deserve a promotion? ?

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-manuel-finally-secures-bills-backup-job-after-2015sep23-story.html

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/9/8/9275871/matt-cassel-re-signs-with-buffalo-bills-nick-oleary-released

Cassel definitely was advanced to #2 as soon as he was signed. EJ was even inactive until Cassel was shipped out. He didn't suit up for a game until after the trade.

There were a number of reports that the coaches (especially Greg Roman) were pretty mad that Whaley shipped out Cassel in trade too-

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/658290029114949632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-rumors/2015/12/20/10629580/doug-whaley-butting-heads-with-buffalo-bills-coaches-per-report

I know there were more reports by WGR and the Buffalo News about how the coaching staff was mad about Cassel being traded too, but I didn't have time to hunt around for them right now.

Of course Rex is going to support the move publicly though, that's no surprise. But there was way too much smoke for there not to be fire IMO. And his actions speak louder than any words. The only time EJ was ever ahead of Cassel on the depth chart was when he was literally forced there by Whaley.

Edited by BillsFan4

FYI we should be rooting for someone to sign him.

It will help us offset other signings for potential compensatory picks. We actually really need someone to sign him... otherwise we might miss out on getting anything from Gilmore and Woods.

I responded to BMore. All you did was :lol::lol: . Thats all good.

its not even about EJ. Its the principle for me. Its like when you see someone failing or going through a rough time, and you see some other !@#$ piling more bull **** on someone when theyre already on the floor in career convulsions. I took it more serious then it shoulda been cuz I been through those real life situations where ****ty people that can alter your future pile more bull **** on you and take shots at you when youre on the floor with both your legs broken just trying to crawl to a place to recover so you can get up, walk and run again.

McFly: Time Traveler, Man of Principles.

Its always good to have a positive attitude. Cuz this World will destroy you if you let it!

You have my support Marty!

i got no time for hatin' , or even a lite disparaging.

I hope EJ gets another shot but I think the tape on him is so bad that teams would rather develop any young QB over him.

as Hapless mentioned , he really hurt himself vs the Jets.

If he is smart he heads to Canada like Warren Moon & Doug Flutie

You forgot Chris Garcia, Joe Thiesman. yup. If no team wants him as a backup, he should get up here, get the reps in. NFL really should have a relationship with CFL like a developmental league. Some positions and some players just take time to mature and develop.

The guy was just plain horrible and was even worse than I predicted. His final game was a catastrophe and sealed his fate.

EJ cost himself MILLIONS with that week 17 showing...smh

Getting pulled was horrible for him- Even years ago when he was starting, Seemed like the plays he did make were always to overcome some string of ineptitude in the beginning... didn't even get the shot to redeem.

I held out hope longer than most, convinced myself it was 100 mental and someday he'd snap out of it. I really think it was because I bought his jersey to replace my Stevie Johnson jersey.

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Lemme check the calendar. Nope, camp doesn't start soon.

Let's talk around August. Not just about Manuel, about all FAs generally.

Edited by Thurman#1

OP, I assume you are being serious. Given the fact you are and something like 10-15 new QBs come into the league every year and 10 make a team that's something like 50 QBs since 2013 the year EJ joined the NFL. The attrition rate is high. Ask JP Losman.