Has any team contacted EJ Manuel about a tryout?

HOUSE

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when the Bills spent a first round pick on a QB and didn't have a dedicated QB coach for him in his rookie year or a veteran QB in the roster?! That was awesome.

Am curious . Did recent successful QBs like Flacco, Ryan, Carr, Wilson , etc . have a dedicated QB coach or veteran QB to mentor them?

E J Manuel did well at the collegiate level IMO.

If you actually watched Florida State he did not..... He had the support of a very talented team and great coaching staff but was holding the team back from a national championship.... hence why the year after he left they went undefeated and won a national championships

Remember when the Bills spent a first round pick on a QB and didn't have a dedicated QB coach for him in his rookie year or a veteran QB in the roster?! That was awesome.

Nathaniel Hackett was designated qb coach rokie year. Todd Dowlings the same guy that mentored Carr was there and dedicated qb his second year whats your excuse now?

Wow, coming in with fire. Try reading more carefully next time.

You made an opinionated statement as if it were fact that was proven to be factually incorrect. Try posting and starting off by saying in your opinion in staead of proclaiming your opinion is fact.

You made an opinionated statement as if it were fact that was proven to be factually incorrect. Try posting and starting off by saying in your opinion in staead of proclaiming your opinion is fact.

Reading comprehension not your friend. Try reading twice if you are unsure next time.

Reading comprehension not your friend. Try reading twice if you are unsure next time.

You have problem with integrity you stated there wasnt a designated qb coach that is incorrect. Are you sure you understand the wird comprehension or are you just lying again because you were wrong. I suggest telling the truth, it never hirts to be honest. But hey if thats not your thing keep lying.

You have problem with integrity you stated there wasnt a designated qb coach that is incorrect. Are you sure you understand the wird comprehension or are you just lying again because you were wrong. I suggest telling the truth, it never hirts to be honest. But hey if thats not your thing keep lying.

The Bills had their offensive coordinator, Nate Hackett doing both the offensive coordinator job AND the QB coach. That is not a dedicated position when your first year NFL offensive coordinator in his 30's is trying to run an NFL offense.

And the Bills recognized their mistake by hiring someone to do just QB coach the next year.

Since this is a struggle for you I suggest you slow down and read carefully.

The Bills had their offensive coordinator, Nate Hackett doing both the offensive coordinator job AND the QB coach. That is not a dedicated position when your first year NFL offensive coordinator in his 30's is trying to run an NFL offense.

And the Bills recognized their mistake by hiring someone to do just QB coach the next year.

Since this is a struggle for you I suggest you slow down and read carefully.

So because you disagree with the bills statement that he was designated as the qb coach in addition to other duties means that he wasnt a qb coach. I suggest you read this since you struggle:

Opinion-

o·pin·ion

əˈpinyən/

noun

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Lie-

lie1

[lahy]

noun

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

Either one pick whichever fits your agenda. The bills designated hackett as a qb coach. That is 100% undeniable whether you agree with it or not. Try again.

So because you disagree with the bills statement that he was designated as the qb coach in addition to other duties means that he wasnt a qb coach. I suggest you read this since you struggle:

Opinion-

o·pin·ion

əˈpinyən/

noun

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Lie-

lie1

[lahy]

noun

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

Either one pick whichever fits your agenda. The bills designated hackett as a qb coach. That is 100% undeniable whether you agree with it or not. Try again.

The Bills themselves realized they made a mistake and hired a QB coach the next year. Sounds like explaining this is bigger job than I thought. You'll get it..someday.

Opinion-

o·pin·ion

əˈpinyən/

noun

Lie-

lie1

[lahy]

noun

he said dedicated, not designated :lol:

It's just not the total whiff on EJ that is the issue. It's Whaley's ego not letting him recognize his mistake and seeing him double down on Manuel with the Watkins trade, not bring in any reasonable competion for two years until Marrone blew a gasket and they signed Orton, nor draft another QB until Cardale Jones of last year in the 4th. It's Whaley reportedly pushing EJ down the throats of two seperate coaching stafss that clearly wanted nothing to do with him.

I'm not arguing for keeping EJ here, but you do realize that every time a player is slow to develop there's a bunch of fans clamoring for the heads of the FO and proclaiming about their "ego"?

Different teams put different grades on different players. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong: "Hell no he's not a guard!". Alex Smith made a list of "top 5 biggest QB draft busts" at one time, etc etc.

The point is, you can say with justification that EJ appears to be a draft bust who has worn out his welcome, but when you craft the whole story about "Whaley's Ego" and "two coaching staffs who wanted nothing to do with him", that's narrative without hard evidence, can we recognize that? All draft players are a bit of a "pig in the poke", legitimate opinions among experts vary about what can or can't be coached up, and it's not intrinsically unreasonable when a team invests a 1st round pick in a guy, the GM is going to want him to have his chance.

There are reasons for this beyond 'ego' - the worst situation for a team and GM is to give up on a high draft pick too early and watch him blossom somewhere else.

Nathaniel Hackett was designated qb coach rokie year. Todd Dowlings the same guy that mentored Carr was there and dedicated qb his second year whats your excuse now?

The op to which your responding said "dedicated QB coach" not "designated QB coach"

Dedicated and designated, two different words. Simmer down a bit, 'kay? There's no need to be adversarial.

Is he really? Wouldn't surprise me at all...

It would surprise me (and disappoint me)

An NFL team missed on a first rounder??? The horror

The problem isn't the issue of a first round QB bust. It happens...

The issue is a GM who is so horrifically inept at recognizing the glaring lack of QB skill, and then doubles down and spends two first round picks on a premium receiver who can't get the ball delivered to him anywhere above the knees.

Jay Skurski‏ @JaySkurski

And so the EJ Manuel era in Buffalo has come to an official end. #Bills

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

Former Bills' first-round pick E.J. Manuel likely is signing with the Oakland Raiders, per league sources.