Lorenzo back on a 2 year deal

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is shaping up to be one slow-ass defense.

$4.5M/year is starter money. Lo plays the SLB, Preston in middle, and Ragland at Will? Doesn't make alot of sense. Maybe we'll add a speedy WLB, but then who rides the pine? probably Preston.

I still don't know what D McD is trying to build.

I don't really understand how everyone will fit this scheme. Ragland, Brown, Alexander our 3 LBs??? But i do trust McDermott

Great price tag and if he doesn't fit we can cut him after this year. Agreed where I'd have Zach brown as the priority but it seems like he wants more than we think he's worth

This is shaping up to be one slow-ass defense.

$4.5M/year is starter money. Lo plays the SLB, Preston in middle, and Ragland at Will? Doesn't make alot of sense. Maybe we'll add a speedy WLB, but then who rides the pine? probably Preston.

I still don't know what D McD is trying to build.

Preston sucks. He needs to be replaced imo.

Great price tag and if he doesn't fit we can cut him after this year. Agreed where I'd have Zach brown as the priority but it seems like he wants more than we think he's worth

Preston sucks. He needs to be replaced imo.

Agreed on all fronts.

Zach writing the Bills off to Preston on Twitter prior to the start of the Free Agency combined with him still being unsigned leads me to believe he's asking for too much.

... and yeah, Preston Brown has been uninspiring to me since the day he came in. A little better than Kelvin Sheppard.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Nice first post. I'm wondering where the speed will come from too ...

Thanks. BBMB refugee.

Nice write up on McD's D http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/12/14236950/sean-mcdermott-buffalo-bills-head-coach-4-3-defense-all-22

this first image, shows Lo's most likely lineup, where it says Ragland/Preston on the left. You then get Ragland and Preston in the middle.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/9kmYMtbT42OqKaYjjayVgVMgN70=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7795117/McDermott_4_3_under.jpg

But on the 4-3 over look, he doesn't look like a great fit as he's more off the line, playing zone, maybe blitzing up the middle. Really depends how much McD plans to blitz.

Key question is, who are the 2 LBs in the nickel? Hard to see Lo staying on the field, unless its to sub for Hughes. Ragland and Preston don't give me tons of confidence as our nickel LBs.

He is great on special teams and his sacks came from winning one on one battles with offensive lineman. He will apply pressure in any system.

I'm not so sure of that. He had a great first half when Rex was playing "Gilmore/Darby Island" and getting pressure from all over the place. After getting torched one too many times, the Bills started to drop more guys into coverage, and .... the sacks dried up. Not just from Lorax, but from everyone.

Mike Rodak:

Bills OLB Lorenzo Alexander says he expects to have a similar role as Panthers OLB Thomas Davis in Sean McDermott's defense, "both on the field and in the locker room." Alexander is listed at 245 pounds, while Davis is 235 pounds; Alexander might have to shed weight to fill that role. The two are friends from their rookie year with Panthers in 2005.

Mike Rodak:

Bills OLB Lorenzo Alexander says he expects to have a similar role as Panthers OLB Thomas Davis in Sean McDermott's defense, "both on the field and in the locker room." Alexander is listed at 245 pounds, while Davis is 235 pounds; Alexander might have to shed weight to fill that role. The two are friends from their rookie year with Panthers in 2005.

Davis is a former safety who can cover, Alexander is a former defensive tackle...Davis has speed, Alexander doesn't.

Really wish they kept Zach Brown, good QB's are going to absolutely destroy these LB's.

(I get he's a great guy and all, but I don't like this at all...rather put that $4.5M towards Zach Brown, someone with speed who can play sideline-to-sideline.)

Amusing how some here know more about LB play then a HC that got his job because of how good he coached defenses.

rex Ryan got his job that way too and I'm pretty sure most of this board knew better then to be dropping Mario Williams into coverage. This board has been in the playoffs as many times as the bills in this millennium so maybe that's what's funny.