Lorenzo back on a 2 year deal

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Rex destroyed the defense EXCEPT Alexander, who had a career year expressly because of Rex's system.

I don't buy it. I'm sure Alex. will regress a little, but you can't say he was the only beneficiary of a certain system on a poor defense.

So Rex destroyed the defense EXCEPT Alexander, who had a career year expressly because of Rex's system.

I don't buy it. I'm sure Alex. will regress a little, but you can't say he was the only beneficiary of a certain system on a poor defense.

Was also a special team beast last year. Was all over the place making plays.

As long as he's blitzing/rushing the passer 75-80% of the time then I think he will be fine, so that's good.

If he's playing Sam it won't be anywhere close to that.

If you say so. According to Trapasso the SLB spot in Derm's D is a sort of blitzing SLB / DE role.

It's not. Mario Addision (who he referred to in his post) played as a hand in the dirt DE all year long.

He's a hard worker and has a non stop motor but I just don't see him having success translating to a 4-3. I don't think DE fits his skill set and I can't see him playing OLB in a 4-3. In a 4-3 he seems like a better fit as a DT for 3rd down passing situations.

He should be used at SLB and DE in 3rd down packages. But we really don't know what McDermott is thinking. Happy he is back tough.

If nothing else he plays with an edge

Love how he got chippy with that TE in the pro bowl

That he does. People talk about his numbers tailing off, but I think he was truly hampered by the hamstring.

Don't forget those opposing 200 yard rushers

Lets not diminish his efforts and blame Lorax for the run defense. He was one of the highlights of the 2016 defense.

from the Buffalo news http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/11/lorenzo-alexander-no-worries-hell-fit-new-defense/

Alexander came into 2016 with 9 career sacks, but blew that away in his 10th full season, finishing with 76 tackles, 12.5 sacks, six passes defended, three forced fumbles and one interception.