Howard Simon speaking the truth..

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

Problem I have is Bills made what they think is best move "at this time". What about long term. What about being in playoffs annually?

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

This franchise is ooerating like it's soul purpose is to break drought and get a wild card spot. Championship vision anybody?

What I've been saying forever and he's spot on.

How many more years would you like to wait until we make the playoffs?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

Problem I have is Bills made what they think is best move "at this time". What about long term. What about being in playoffs annually?

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

This franchise is ooerating like it's soul purpose is to break drought and get a wild card spot. Championship vision anybody?

He's right. I like TT and think he's capable of leading the Bills to maybe 1 playoff appearance, but shouldn't the objective be long term playoffs. We should have drafted two quarterbacks this April. And if none of these quarterbacks succeeded this season it would have put us in a good position to go after Sam Darnold. Now I am afraid that none of this will happen and we will muddle thru 3 years of 6-9 wins. Basically NFL purgatory.

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

If they draft correctly they will be even if they do the "at this time"

What you say makes no sense if they don't draft the correct players to begin with. So draft the correct players while thinking "at this time"

If you are going to re-build as so many here want you don't bring in some inexperienced guy like McDermott.

That is a job for someone like Coughlin......a steady veteran hand who can take lumps and build something to hand-off in a couple years.

You hire a young guy to try to catch lightning in a bottle........but losing sticks to those guys so you don't want to take step backs with them.......nor should they accept such a scenario if they have any chance of ever getting another HC job.

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

You cannot win the Championship unless you break the drought and make the playoffs, DAH....... :bag:

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

He's absolutely right. We've been trying to build a one-and-done playoff team for the past 4 years (and we can't even do that). The fact that so many fans regard "just making the playoffs" as some type of accomplishment is truly sad.

He's absolutely right. We've been trying to build a one-and-done playoff team for the past 4 years (and we can't even do that). The fact that so many fans regard "just making the playoffs" as some type of accomplishment is truly sad.

Once you are in the playoffs anything can happen. He isn't right... If you draft good players you can keep being a contender.

Rebuilding does nothing if you don't draft the right players... You don't need to rebuild to draft the right players.

Yep.

Obviously this place is like the BBMB though.

If you go against the popular perception on here (signing Tyrod is a good thing), you get blasted and disliked.

I just think long term the best move was moving on and starting Cardale every game.

This pretty much guarantees Corey Davis or Mike Williams at #10 though.

ross tucker said it would be absolutely crazy to let tt go.

is he speaking the truth?

someone just tell me.

What's so crazy about it?

What has TT ever accomplished in the league?

The answer is nothing, but at least now he's closer to being paid what he's worth instead of stealing money from Pegula and the Bills.

Gonna be a lot of pressure right away on Taylor and this staff.

Bills have zero chance to win a SB before TB retires , whenever that is. That may be sad, but its reality.

I have no issue with Simon's criticism, cleary our Bills have been unsuccessful at building a consistant long term playoff team, but if we had released TT, how would have that been a step forward to a long term run at the SB?

You know you can make a shot term move, like retaining TT, and still make the long term moves at the same time....

A better criticism would be, that he has concerns that by keeping TT, it'll put off the long term plan to replace him, I cannot defend that point, I would concur 100%

Thus I am hoping long term plan includes getting high comp picks in 2018, either to draft more young players, or have the flexibility to be able to move up in the draft, or we going to use on our our first two picks this year to have 2 capable backups with upside behind TT

However keeping TT initself say's nothing about longer term build plans

Let's give Whaley a standing ovation shall we?

WTF has the man done since being here?

He's talked about QB purgatory during the summer of 2015, football not being a game for humans, how that they want to build a foundation (after 4 years of him at the helm) at the end of season post-mortem PC, schmoozed the new owners, traded down for his franchise QB, traded up for a WR without having a QB, undermined the previous HC, with front office leaks to the media, didn't get along with another HC, traded a backup QB to ensure his first round (and then 3rd strong) QB was on the game day roster, said his 2016 first rounder would be fine for the season (and was then injured in non-contact drills), declared the first 3 picks of that draft as off the bus starters, and used the word "excited" in every one of the 3 comments he gives each season to the media.

Oh, and shared in the team's 30-34 combined record since he became GM in 2013. He's a keeper!

Simon is more of a baseball guy and has never impressed with his football knowledge. If he says we should have let Tyrod go, I feel even more comfortable that Bills did the opposite.

Yeah. The Bills have proved him wrong will all the success.😉

Edited by BuffaloBud420

a restructure was the best possible solution here

personally i just want to make the playoffs at this point. its been way too ridiculously long since weve been there, id rather be one and done and hope for incremental improvement the following season then then 2-3 years a rebuild would take

tt gives you competent nfl qb play now at an every more reasonable price. most likely thats going to be as a bridge qb, keeping the seat warm until your next guy is ready to play

it does seem unlikely that tt would be able to win you a title, but he could be a piece that does. it would take a hell of a defense, and then his combination of ball security and the well-timed big play could be the difference from there. unlikely but possible

We don't really post new threads when radio talk show hosts have opinions. I'd like to think I'm not alone in saying this, but I don't want the front page at TSW to be a flood of Howard Simon/Mike Schopp tweets.

It's those refugees from BBMB!! We need to round 'em all up and ship 'em out. Then build a wall so they can't get back in!

He and Jeremy White have both been advocating for a tank job similar to what the Sabres did. Two problems with that thinking though: 1, this isn't hockey. 2, even if the Bills did manage to pull this off by deliberately releasing 95% of the roster, Goodell would likely penalize the the team by making them forfeit the 1st overall pick in 2018, and probably even more picks, because they tanked on purpose.

Jeremy White is a know-it-all asshat.

He and Jeremy White have both been advocating for a tank job similar to what the Sabres did. Two problems with that thinking though: 1, this isn't hockey. 2, even if the Bills did manage to pull this off by deliberately releasing 95% of the roster, Goodell would likely penalize the the team by making them forfeit the 1st overall pick in 2018, and probably even more picks, because they tanked on purpose.

They both need to stick to the junior sports ( college high school basketball , sabres hockey . food drafts or talk about losing for the second best player in a hockey draft. They have always been a joke.

They both need to stick to the junior sports ( college high school basketball , sabres hockey . food drafts or talk about losing for the second best player in a hockey draft. They have always been a joke.

They're tolerable in hockey, but they don't know **** about football. They're just a bunch of douchebags.

Elite QBs dont grow on trees and tanking to secure a top pick in the draft on the hopes of finding one isnt a recipe for success either. Just look at how many years the Jamarcus Russells, Joey Harringtons, Jay Cutlers etc set their respective franchise's backwards.

Keep Tyrod and build a succesful organization. Look for the diamond in the rough and have a good team in place to support him when you find him

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

SOLE purpose, not SOUL :wallbash:

Doesn't surprise me that Simon doesn't know when to use "sole" instead of "soul." Jeremy carries him daily.

:thumbsup:

I think it's common for a new HC to want a little stability at the position. Knowing how much their fate is tied to the position.

In no way does this mean they couldn't consider a QB in the draft, but also aren't left scramblin around trying to figure out what to do.

This at least keeps the locker room in a winning mentality.