Howard Simon speaking the truth..

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

Problem I have is Bills made what they think is best move "at this time". What about long term. What about being in playoffs annually?

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

This franchise is ooerating like it's soul purpose is to break drought and get a wild card spot. Championship vision anybody?

What I've been saying forever and he's spot on.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

Problem I have is Bills made what they think is best move "at this time". What about long term. What about being in playoffs annually?

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

This franchise is ooerating like it's soul purpose is to break drought and get a wild card spot. Championship vision anybody?

!@#$ scared of his own shadow Howard Simon and the entire candy draft crew.

Whaley has always said long term, sustained success is the franchise's goal/vision.

Yet they also push "win now" and have traded future assets for immidiete gains.

I don't hate keeping Taylor, but any criticism of if being a half-measure is probably fair.

We don't really post new threads when radio talk show hosts have opinions. I'd like to think I'm not alone in saying this, but I don't want the front page at TSW to be a flood of Howard Simon/Mike Schopp tweets.

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

Simon is right, but the Bills brought him back, so SOSDD at OBD

I'm guessing he wants the Bills to tank the season, in hopes of drafting Darnold (if he declares).

He and Jeremy White have both been advocating for a tank job similar to what the Sabres did. Two problems with that thinking though: 1, this isn't hockey. 2, even if the Bills did manage to pull this off by deliberately releasing 95% of the roster, Goodell would likely penalize the the team by making them forfeit the 1st overall pick in 2018, and probably even more picks, because they tanked on purpose.

Edited by Rodrigo Borgia

I'm guessing he wants the Bills to tank the season, in hopes of drafting Darnold (if he declares).

he will declare if he doesnt get injured or if he has has a piss poor season.

you have to declare when your stock is the highest. if darnold has a good year, he declares to be the #1. he'd be an idiot to risk having a bad year the next, or worse, getting a injury.

i agree with the op. the bills dont care about a championship, they just want the wildcard. who gives a !@#$ about the ending the drought at this point

He and Jeremy White have both been advocating for a tank job similar to what the Sabres did. Two problems with that thinking though: 1, this isn't hockey. 2, even if the Bills did manage to pull this off by deliberately releasing 95% of the roster, Goodell would likely penalize the the team by making them forfeit the 1st overall pick in 2018, and probably even more picks, because they tanked on purpose.

The Jets sure look like they're tanking.

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

hate when this franchise ooerates with soul!

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

46m

Howard WGR‏ @hsimon62

hate when this franchise ooerates with soul!