official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

Speaking for myself, I don't think you should be over it yet. None of us who had a sort of "home" there should be.

Again speaking for myself, they acted as if I am of no consequence whatsoever. Like trash to be swept up and disposed of after a game.

That's not very nice. But it doesn't reflect on me, or you. It is was trashy behavior from Bills management. A respectable individual does not treat other people like that. What amazes me is how many people will just accept being treated that way. Boggles my mind.

Recall the three weeks they left Rex Ryan twisting while the reports swirled that he would be fired. Trashy. We have a trashy management team in place at One Bills drive..

Anyway I am indeed glad Twobills is here! :)

Great to hear from you BLM. You were on of the best of the BBMB. Great insights and good humour. Now if you bring back your old avatar (Yosemite Sam?) I will really feel like I've found my new home.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T&C and standingbuffalo. Two of the worst moderators ever.

It was a slap in the face to shut it down the way they did. However, I am glad its gone mostly due to the terrible moderation it had. This place seems much better and I am glad to have found it.

Include Mash absolute trash. Those guys were ridiculous favortism bums.

T&C and standingbuffalo. Two of the worst moderators ever.

It was a slap in the face to shut it down the way they did. However, I am glad its gone mostly due to the terrible moderation it had. This place seems much better and I am glad to have found it.

Yes! T&C was the douchiest of douches. That dude hated me. I think BillsChick gave me my permaban though.

That is going to be the unintended 2nd and 3rd level effect.

They will lose traffic to BB.com.

I know when I was banned from BBMB in the 2nd week of the season that i have not been back to BB.com since. There was no reason for me to frequent the site again.

I dont think that the Bills understand that closing the board will have a big effect on the amount of traffic the main board is gonna lose.

Social media is the platform to take advantage of.

We need to make a list of all the BBMB mods that wronged us!

Nice to see that the Dude still abides. I'm going to write an open letter to the Pegs about closing the BBMB and appreciate any advice on where to have it posted

Nice to see that the Dude still abides. I'm going to write an open letter to the Pegs about closing the BBMB and appreciate any advice on where to have it posted

Perhaps a billboard would be more effective? jk

curious. if there is anything that was done there that really stood out and was a special thing that may be considered unique?

i never, ever went to that board after trying it briefly for 2 or 3 days just reading it. too much drivel

Honestly, after I got banned from BBMB, I quit posting. I created an account here but this board didn't have the same feel because I was so outspoken over at BBMB that I developed relationships that were just taken from me. So I'm stoked that the BBMB got shut down. It's made this board better, at least for me.

Perhaps a billboard would be more effective? jk

If they don't draft a QB high and roll Tyrod out next year I'd like to start a billboard.

curious. if there is anything that was done there that really stood out and was a special thing that may be considered unique?

i never, ever went to that board after trying it briefly for 2 or 3 days just reading it. too much drivel

It was only the posters that made it what it was. Not all of them, obviously, but there were a lot of good ones.

It was only the posters that made it what it was. Not all of them, obviously, but there were a lot of good ones.

if thats the case we will weed them out here through natural selection and self policing. there are many all day users that don't contribute to society by being good workers that will gladly help. i'm envious of them.

Great to hear from you BLM. You were on of the best of the BBMB. Great insights and good humour. Now if you bring back your old avatar (Yosemite Sam?) I will really feel like I've found my new home.

There you go pal. One of the things that worried me is that I had not had a chance to back up my avatar (because they gave no warning). I uploaded it there a loooooong time ago.

But lucky for me I had a copy of it moved forward and saved on here, two computers later. :)

A good selection has transferred over, including yerself.

Right back at ya! It's definitely good to see a lot of friendly faces. I feared I'd lost you guys forever.

if thats the case we will weed them out here through natural selection and self policing. there are many all day users that don't contribute to society by being good workers that will gladly help. i'm envious of them.

Yeah, we've seen that with Johnnyp56. Was that record time for a ban?

Do you have issues with the former BBMB members joining here ?

Not necessarily. Look, I'm not that old, but I'm old enough to remember the dial-up BBS days, message boards back before everybody and their brother had internet access. There was something nice about that, a tight knit and savvy group of people gathered online around a shared interest. Then broadband access in every home happened, everybody got online, and as things diluted, that niche feeling disappeared.

One of the main things I liked about TSW was it still had a little bit of that old-school online vibe. Was it free from trolls and other malcontents? Certainly not. Am I the most well-behaved denizen here? Hell no. A good percentage of my contributions tend to be in the form of sarcasm. But at the end of the day, I knew this was a place I could come to read a lot of interesting content by smart people. Like a small gathering of like-minded buddies at a bar, shooting the sh*t. Now I fear it's headed more in the direction of the beer tent at a county fair. Still fun, but a lot noisier, and a lot more bad behavior.

But that's what happens. Progress, right?

Guest Diesel-USMC

It's good to see that the drama and over reactions and knee jerks that we all grew to love at the BBMB will live on through Two Bills Drive.

It's good to see that the drama and over reactions and knee jerks that we all grew to love at the BBMB will live on through Two Bills Drive.

Amen. I know y'all got done dirty by the Bills, but it's great to see y'all over here!

Not sure if y'all noticed, but this has been posted at boards.buffalobills.com by Chris Brown.

For fans whove used the Bills message board

Posted by Chris Brown

For those fans who have inquired about the fate of the Bills message board, which has long been an interactive area for lively conversation about the team, the organization thanks you for your contributions and support of the Buffalo Bills. We understand that change is difficult sometimes, but with the emerging popularity of Buffalo Bills social media channels, the organization is encouraging fans to use the platforms below to interact and share opinions and facts about our teams.

Not necessarily. Look, I'm not that old, but I'm old enough to remember the dial-up BBS days, message boards back before everybody and their brother had internet access. There was something nice about that, a tight knit and savvy group of people gathered online around a shared interest. Then broadband access in every home happened, everybody got online, and as things diluted, that niche feeling disappeared.

One of the main things I liked about TSW was it still had a little bit of that old-school online vibe. Was it free from trolls and other malcontents? Certainly not. Am I the most well-behaved denizen here? Hell no. A good percentage of my contributions tend to be in the form of sarcasm. But at the end of the day, I knew this was a place I could come to read a lot of interesting content by smart people. Like a small gathering of like-minded buddies at a bar, shooting the sh*t. Now I fear it's headed more in the direction of the beer tent at a county fair. Still fun, but a lot noisier, and a lot more bad behavior.

I posted quite a bit on that message board, and honestly it's more enjoyable to just observe here at TBD than it was to post on BBMB. Level of discourse is night and day.

I posted quite a bit on that message board, and honestly it's more enjoyable to just observe here at TBD than it was to post on BBMB. Level of discourse is night and day.

I don't see the trolling over here like we had at the BBMB.

Hello, I'm a BBMB refugee. Hope to see a few familiar faces here.

good to see you here

Hello bilzfancy. Nice to see u here as well. I enjoyed ur posts on BBMB. Wonder how many others came over here from BBMB. Gona look through this thread and see if I see some.

good to see you here

Likewise.

Even though I had some posters who disliked me, I enjoyed things there, and it was sad the way things ended.

I'll do my best to keep things a bit lighter here. There's a different vibe, and I do not intend on disrupting that.

I'm here to follow my Bills and to discuss and get some news and info.

I joined the BBMB back in December. Even though I was new to it I found it was a good way to communicate about the Bills. There were some negative posters and trolls there but its something I'd ignore.

It was a real real crappy move not telling anyone they were going to get rid of the boards. 15 plus years up in smoke overnight with no consideration for the people who used the site.

Nonetheless, this looks like a nice site. Look forward to interacting here.

Good to see familiar faces as well as new ones.

Thanks for the hospitality.

Good to see familiar faces as well as new ones.

Thanks for the hospitality.

glad you came over, will miss the hockey talk over there

Hello all -- been a while since I posted here. The Bills shut down their message board without any warning to anyone, even admins. Now it redirects to Bills FB page. I guess the new PR guy is shaking things up! Anyway, should be good for Two Bills Drive traffic. Probably not all the traffic you want, but still. Haha.

well you no where to come..

Beast!!!!!

What's up, buddy? We need a fail thread! LOL

glad you came over, will miss the hockey talk over there

I just posted in a hockey thread here! Looks like good hockey discussion for sure.

Glad to see you here, Cy.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

you know i wasn't a mod right? t and c along with standingbuffalo hated me. it got to the point where all of my posts were being deleted. i even abandoned the name teef and started to post under a new name. eventually even the name teef was perma banned.

You deserve some sort of award then!

I get it....Hopefully, this place stays the way it is/was...

Favorite band ever.....

:worthy:

Going back to the old BBMB avatar....feels better B-)

Have you ever seen Ed Force One? I have a great view of all traffic coming into Tulsa, and happened to be staring out the window when Iron Maiden's 747 came in this past summer...with Bruce Dickenson in the captains seat...Very cooool!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE

Have you ever seen Ed Force One? I can see all traffic coming into Tulsa, and happened to be staring out the window when Iron Maidens 747 came in...with Bruce Dickenson in the captains seat...Very cooool!

Yep...Saw it this past summer both in Vancouver BC and SEATAC ( Seattle )....a beast of a plane ...I've seen them over 20 times over the years ...Huge fan..