official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

the oldest year/date I saw of a few members was 2000, so it was at least 17 years?

That's a possibility. I know it wasn't 1998 because we started this then. By 2000/2001 there were three roaring Bills boards. The official site launching one would have been a distant fourth.

FWIW, for the longest time - the Bills had THREE of the most popular NFL boards on the net. Most teams didn't have one.

I became a member of the old site back in 2004. By then we were the number one-ranked Bills message board site.

I'm thinking despite how terrible BBMB has been lately, I'm gonna go through withdrawal for some time. I'm pretty super pissed that every bit of statistical crunching or All-22 charting is just lost. Unreal...

Here's hoping this place doesn't become BBMB 2.0!

That sucks.

This is why I always kept a backup of my important statistical threads and complex signature. I never trusted the BBMB to save anything or give up notice before it closed. Now we have also lost years worth of good posts to google.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it launched 01, but I'm probably wrong.

There was a website with the original message group that started in 98-99...then they reformated it in 01...members had to re-register....members like perfect spiral, wyo, etc....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I'm thinking despite how terrible BBMB has been lately, I'm gonna go through withdrawal for some time. I'm pretty super pissed that every bit of statistical crunching or All-22 charting is just lost. Unreal...

Yeah now I wish I would have saved some stuff before the shut-down. It was in such a downward spiral I guess it was inevitable but I just didn't see it, being to close to it I presume.

You know how many times I tried to load that sucker Wednesday before I came to the conclusion of a shutdown? I don't know how many but an entirely unhealthy number, that I can assure. Been checking that page just about daily for better than a decade.

That's the real loss. There was a lot of info shared on that board that isn't readily accessible. It's been a go to destination for me for 15 years and now it's gone.

I suppose change is good, though. It's not like it was a good home, it just happened to be my home.

I'm just totally shocked. There's no doubt it was going downhill and becoming more corporate by the day but you just don't pull the rug out on your fanbase like that. Who do we write to express our outrage?

That said, the spirit of the internet is full tilt freedom and there's no way the corporate suits were going to stand for that. I am relieved to see many familiar faces. I learned so much about the history of the team from the BBMB. To have all our expressions wiped out is the equivalent of being kidnapped and brought to North Korea.

Write on TWITTER @ChrisBrownbills and tear into him. Do not follow him just rip him for shutting us down. Hash tag #billsmafia @buffaloBills @NFL #BillsRefugees

Keep writing and let them know how they messed up!

Trans, you may want to try the internet archive. prolly not there but worth a check i would think.

man i hate moving.

Edited by Foxx

I posted on the BBMB for ten years. Say what you want, but I loved it. There were peaks and valleys, but ultimately it was a great place to vent, laugh, debate...

The writing was on the wall for some time as critical posts would disappear without a trace. Most criticism towards this team is completely justified.

I have trudged through ten years with season tickets as well, but shockingly this is far more upsetting to me. Thanks all of you who made it a riot, even those of you completely at odds with my opinions.

Super lame. At least infractions are over. Can you call Whaley for what he is around here or do we have to pretend he is good at drafting?

yep feel free :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm right with ya man

Glad to see you made it past the apocalypse transplant

For those criticizing the mods on the now nonexistent board, I disagree and thought they did a great job. Threads unrelated to the Bills were promptly moved to "around the NFL". Any posts related to politics were deleted and you were warned within a couple of hours. Spam was nonexistent. Inappropriate posts were quickly taken down. They also did a great job of merging threads of similar content. My two favorite posters over the years were "The Slammer" and the short run of the hilarious "Jay Fiedler."

Edited by Doc Brown

One of 'em already made it on my **** list. Took him six posts to decide to let the bot deal with him.

Not the record, though. I think the record is three.

I have faith in this group...and records were meant to be broken. There is idiocy in numbers. :w00t::D

That's the real loss. There was a lot of info shared on that board that isn't readily accessible. It's been a go to destination for me for 15 years and now it's gone.

I suppose change is good, though. It's not like it was a good home, it just happened to be my home.

Sucks you lost all of that work/information. But this place is soooooo much better imo. I'm happy to see good posters from bbmb again.

I was Metal Gear Rex, but since they nuked the whole board (I swear it wasn't me!), I have migrated here. It is nice to see some familiar faces so all is not lost. Are there extreme vetting procedures here for BBMB refugees?

Hi. I was Greywolf over on BBMB. Posted there sporadically over the years since the Losman era. I'll miss BBMB because there were many intelligent posters there, but it had stopped being fun for me to visit recently. I think they realized that there was a level of anti-Front Office views among the membership that was simply too big to be quashed by moderators as they had done in the past, so the easiest thing was just nuke the whole board.

So, RIP BBMB, but you won't be missed much.