Which will make you more depressed Falcons or Patriots?

HT02

Okay so the screamingly obvious choice here is the Patriots who would continue their reign of cheating terror over the Bills and rest of the NFL as well as force us all to hear from obnoxious spoiled (likely drunken) Patriot fans about how great the Patriots and Brady are. (I live about 30 minutes from Boston so I know ut worse than almost anyone). However, A Falcons win removes another team from the dwindling "teams that have never won the Super Bowl" list leaving us to be grouped with sad sacks like the Browns, Bengals, Lions ect. Either way the outcome is miserable and I will probably cheer for the Falcons (and of course career ending injuries to Brady)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big Falcons fan right now. I like their team and Matt Ryan has proven himself worthy of a ring. I won't be "depressed" either way, but it's always a good day when the Pats*** lose.

Falcons are my #2 team cheer for in the NFL. I have been following Matty Ice since he played for BC. I be cheering for my Pats but I won't be crushed if the Falcons won it either.

Edited by PatsFanNH

I hope the Falcons realize they can't just waltz into Houston doing what got them here. They have to come up with a few different plays from their common formations. The Pats already have a book on them. Probably started game planning a week ago. Don't walk into the Hoodie's trap.

And don't expect Hogan to be the guy two games in a row.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm the opposite... It's bad enough in the past year that the city of Cleveland has won a Championship...but the Cubs too. Even a middling town like Kansas City has a major sports championship.

I can't stomach the possibility of Atlanta hoisting a Lombardi trophy. I lived there. Terrible sports town, although the Falcons have been supported well this year. Too much of a transient population in ATL. They glob on to the flavor of the week., whatever the popular thing is.

In that regard I'm rooting for New England. Sorry. The damage is done with NE, and what's another Super Bowl?!? Besides, if Brady and Belichek win, maybe *just maybe* it takes the edge off their "hunger" for another crown and the Bills can sneak in there and win the division (if NE has a super bowl hangover).

Is this even a legitimate question? What I think is more depressing is that we only had ten years with Jim Kelly, while Brady has been at it since 2001 and shows no signs of slowing down. Brady is also remarkably durable. What is this guy taking?

Go Falcons!

Okay so the screamingly obvious choice here is the Patriots who would continue their reign of cheating terror over the Bills and rest of the NFL as well as force us all to hear from obnoxious spoiled (likely drunken) Patriot fans about how great the Patriots and Brady are. (I live about 30 minutes from Boston so I know ut worse than almost anyone). However, A Falcons win removes another team from the dwindling "teams that have never won the Super Bowl" list leaving us to be grouped with sad sacks like the Browns, Bengals, Lions ect. Either way the outcome is miserable and I will probably cheer for the Falcons (and of course career ending injuries to Brady)

Either way the outcome is miserable? you'll probably cheer for the Falcons? are you joking? If you're just an occasional Bills fan, I understand. But if you're a die hard, as I am, there is only one miserable outcome possible....GO FALCONS!

Edited by ricojes

Because we weren't sad sacks for being in 122nd place out of 122 North American Pro Sports Teams as far as longest playoff drought?

I hear you, HT. I don't want the Pats to win, but I am actually rooting for the Falcons just as much because I think they are a fun and deserving team.

Falcons have small quick LB's, they will be getting a heavy dose of Blount. They need to penetrate and keep that lard ass in neutral. The Falcons running game could give the Patriots problems with their ZBS and pass catching backs. Brown/Branch could be nuetralized by movement.

Ahhhh two weeks until the game and I'm surrounded by the insufferable prick pat fans.

I dont care about any other logic. Anybody-but-Pats**

I'm hoping the Pats win, and Brady retires.

Key part is the second thing.

I wish I could borrow the DC Tom bot for a single use.

With a doubt I would root for the second to last non SB winner to beat the Pats.