Which will make you more depressed Falcons or Patriots?

HT02

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the opposite... It's bad enough in the past year that the city of Cleveland has won a Championship...but the Cubs too. Even a middling town like Kansas City has a major sports championship.

I can't stomach the possibility of Atlanta hoisting a Lombardi trophy. I lived there. Terrible sports town, although the Falcons have been supported well this year. Too much of a transient population in ATL. They glob on to the flavor of the week., whatever the popular thing is.

In that regard I'm rooting for New England. Sorry. The damage is done with NE, and what's another Super Bowl?!? Besides, if Brady and Belichek win, maybe *just maybe* it takes the edge off their "hunger" for another crown and the Bills can sneak in there and win the division (if NE has a super bowl hangover).

This is not a knock on Buffalo, but you have to understand: there's an intense Bills following in Buffalo in part because it's been a shrinking city. You don't have a huge percentage of recent arrivals to the Buffalo metro area who bring their previous NFL allegiances with them. Atlanta is the opposite. So are a bunch of other NFL cities like Phoenix, Denver, Houston, now LA, etc. Just saying it's not really fair to knock Atlanta for attracting new business and new residents ....

I hope Mattie Ice gets it done.

I will be rooting for him. The Falcons are a pretty neutral team and for the way they have played, they deserve that ring. Only thing that bothers me is that the SB is between the #1 scoring offense against the #1 scoring defense....Superbowl XXV had something similar and the defense under Belichek outmatched the kelly run offense.

I'm the opposite... It's bad enough in the past year that the city of Cleveland has won a Championship...but the Cubs too. Even a middling town like Kansas City has a major sports championship.

I can't stomach the possibility of Atlanta hoisting a Lombardi trophy. I lived there. Terrible sports town, although the Falcons have been supported well this year. Too much of a transient population in ATL. They glob on to the flavor of the week., whatever the popular thing is.

In that regard I'm rooting for New England. Sorry. The damage is done with NE, and what's another Super Bowl?!? Besides, if Brady and Belichek win, maybe *just maybe* it takes the edge off their "hunger" for another crown and the Bills can sneak in there and win the division (if NE has a super bowl hangover).

We are of the same mind my friend! As a life-long Mets fan I wanted the Cubs to lose more than anything.

I will be rooting for him. The Falcons are a pretty neutral team and for the way they have played, they deserve that ring. Only thing that bothers me is that the SB is between the #1 scoring offense against the #1 scoring defense....Superbowl XXV had something similar and the defense under Belichek outmatched the kelly run offense.

I don't have anything against the Falcons or Ryan I just don't want them to win a Super Bowl before we do. :)

So being in the company of more losers makes it more comfortable to be losers?

Exactly, misery loves company... :)

I predict all these great Falcons players suddenly drop balls, have off days, don't get open, etc.

They will settle for 3's when they need 7's.

I would almost just go for it on 4th down inside the 10. If you don't score 7's you are going to lose anyway against New England.

I'm rooting for the Patriots.

They deserve it.

I won't be unhappy if the Falcons win. They also deserve it, but to a smidgen of a lesser extent, in my opinion.

Why? Because of the bullschit 4 game suspension, how the Pats handled it, the loss of Gronk and how they handled it, and - simply - I always root for the best team to win. The Pats are the best team, in my opinion.

And I cannot WAIT to see Lady Gaga.

Okay so the screamingly obvious choice here is the Patriots who would continue their reign of cheating terror over the Bills and rest of the NFL as well as force us all to hear from obnoxious spoiled (likely drunken) Patriot fans about how great the Patriots and Brady are. (I live about 30 minutes from Boston so I know ut worse than almost anyone). However, A Falcons win removes another team from the dwindling "teams that have never won the Super Bowl" list leaving us to be grouped with sad sacks like the Browns, Bengals, Lions ect. Either way the outcome is miserable and I will probably cheer for the Falcons (and of course career ending injuries to Brady)

This is why I'm rooting for the Falcons. They're our brothers in Super Bowl misery. I wish them the best, and hope they wish us the best when it's finally our turn.

It's like a watching a fellow POW being released after years of confinement. I can only be happy for them - though that happiness might bear the slight tint of envy.

I'm rooting for the Patriots.

They deserve it.

I won't be unhappy if the Falcons win. They also deserve it, but to a smidgen of a lesser extent, in my opinion.

Why? Because of the bullschit 4 game suspension, how the Pats handled it, the loss of Gronk and how they handled it, and - simply - I always root for the best team to win. The Pats are the best team, in my opinion.

And I cannot WAIT to see Lady Gaga.

Let me ask a seemingly silly question, why do you root for the best team? If two boxers are fighting and one's an A-hole of the nth degree while the other is a good guy, I'm rooting for the good guy regardless of who's better.

Both teams have 53 players but millions of fans. So I take the fans into bigger consideration than the players. And the Atlanta fans have been disappointed long enough. They deserve this win.

This is why I'm rooting for the Falcons. They're our brothers in Super Bowl misery. I wish them the best, and hope they wish us the best when it's finally our turn.

It's like a watching a fellow POW being released after years of confinement. I can only be happy for them - though that happiness might bear the slight tint of envy.

Let me ask a seemingly silly question, why do you root for the best team? If two boxers are fighting and one's an A-hole of the nth degree while the other is a good guy, I'm rooting for the good guy regardless of who's better.

Both teams have 53 players but millions of fans. So I take the fans into bigger consideration than the players. And the Atlanta fans have been disappointed long enough. They deserve this win.

Fair question.

After so many years of not having a dog in the fight, this is just the mentality I've always employed.

For someone as driven as Brady is, no number of wins are going to be enough. Lets build a Bills team to beat him, not on the hope that he will retire soon.

There is ZERO chance that will happen.

ZERO. This organization is incapable of building a program to defeat Brady.

The only hope we have is for him to retire.

There is ZERO chance that will happen.

ZERO. This organization is incapable of building a program to defeat Brady.

The only hope we have is for him to retire.

How long have you been a motivational speaker?