Which will make you more depressed Falcons or Patriots?

HT02

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly the Pats , who have tainted everything I love about watching the NFL. An Atlanta victory would have me positively elated, and I'd watch the ending over and over just to see the sullen and despondent face of Brady et al. Kinda like they looked just before SEA gave away a championship that even the Pats had figured was in their grasp at that point, by throwing the football. I wouldn't care one bit that it meant another franchise had won its first title.

I've never had any respect for the Falcons franchise, they are totally meh to me. I believe these past 2 weeks are the first time I've watched them play since the game in Toronto... unless they were in a playoff game between then and last season which I don't remember cause meh.

On the other hand, I do respect the Pats, but don't want to see them win. If BB or Brady would quit after 5 rings, maybe it would be different, but I can't see either leaving just yet.

So I will watch and I'm sure during the game I will pick one side to win, but right now I'm not happy with this matchup at all. I think Pats win 9 out of 10 times they play, Falcons can win but need a lot of luck.

For someone as driven as Brady is, no number of wins are going to be enough. Lets build a Bills team to beat him, not on the hope that he will retire soon.

Bills build a winner versus Brady retiring... which do you think is more likely or likely to happen first? I would bet my house on the latter.

To me, this has the feel of Super bowl 25 where the Bills had the most prolific offense in the league and the Giants were a well coached team.

Belichick was the Giants DC and he and the Big Tuna schemed a way to keep Kelly and company off the field for much of the game and reduce the number of plays they could run.

I will be pulling for the Falcons, but my prediction is the Patriots will win their 5th Super bowl. :wallbash:

Rooting for the Falcons for obvious reasons.

I expect the Pats to win another though. Defense always seems to beat offense in these games and the Patriots have the best scoring defense.

I am just so sick of the Patriots. The parity in the AFC is terrible.

I don't understand how a SB could depress you one way or the other, it's only a game. I know that no matter who wins, my life will still be paycheck to paycheck and worrying about kids and time lol..

It's called a love of NFL football, and a hope that good will triumph over evil. That's what the Pats(evil) losing a football game to an opponent ( good) represents. Brings order to a crazy world.

Okay so the screamingly obvious choice here is the Patriots who would continue their reign of cheating terror over the Bills and rest of the NFL as well as force us all to hear from obnoxious spoiled (likely drunken) Patriot fans about how great the Patriots and Brady are. (I live about 30 minutes from Boston so I know ut worse than almost anyone). However, A Falcons win removes another team from the dwindling "teams that have never won the Super Bowl" list leaving us to be grouped with sad sacks like the Browns, Bengals, Lions ect. Either way the outcome is miserable and I will probably cheer for the Falcons (and of course career ending injuries to Brady)

wont be depressed either way; this will give Tom his 5th SB win which would be the most for any QB and if Atlanta wins then it's something new and Ryan can get that elite QB moniker, so it's all good to me, GO TEAMS!!

I wouldn't hate on another team's success, especially Atlanta that seems to have a decent group of guys led by Matt Ryan. Matty Ice appears to have a good reputation, so I'd be happy for that team and their fans. As for Brady and Pats, their Division rivals so of course I'm hoping they lose. Having said that, very difficult not to respect the job Belichick has done through the years. Remarkable really....

It's called a love of NFL football, and a hope that good will triumph over evil. That's what the Pats(evil) losing a football game to an opponent ( good) represents. Brings order to a crazy world.

Come to the dark side... WE HAVE COOKIES!! Lol

I love football but at the end of the day I am not being depressed over it.

Rooting for the Falcons all the way!

One, Atlanta is running the hip-hop scene these days, so I fully expect a great mixtape celebrating the Falcons to drop once they win. Two, if they win maybe it means they killed Brady somewhere along the way in the game and THAT would be a win for everyone!

:beer: