Sully: Bills aren't exactly doing a coaching star search

Rico

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/06/bills-arent-exactly-coaching-star-search/

Some good stuff in here for all the media-haters:

"Even some of the people who despise me are starting to agree with me. They still want me to retire, but ask if I could perhaps take Whaley with me." :D

This is the best though:

"Parker Brown asks: Has anyone figured out what Doug Whaley does for a living?

Sully: I'll have to refer you to the junior columnist, Bucky Gleason, on that one."

:lol:

Much of what he says goes right along with what I said about Whales and his "search". It boggles my mind that Lynn was +290 for this job. For folks that don't gamble that means for every 100 you lay down you stand to win 290 when Lynn is named HC. That's 3-1 and the easiest money I have ever made.

Much of what he says goes right along with what I said about Whales and his "search". It boggles my mind that Lynn was +290 for this job. For folks that don't gamble that means for every 100 you lay down you stand to win 290 when Lynn is named HC. That's 3-1 and the easiest money I have ever made.

Good luck!

Was Anthony Lynn hired while I wasn't paying attention or something?

"Even some of the people who despise me are starting to agree with me. They still want me to retire, but ask if I could perhaps take Whaley with me." :D

This is the best though:

Sully: I'll have to refer you to the junior columnist, Bucky Gleason, on that one."

... or, as some call them, the messenger-shooters.

This is the best though:

Rico... do you work for TBN or related to Sully? I'm just curious, I've just never seen anybody keep posting his stuff on her in 10+ years like you are lately.

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

I will do my best to never click on any story written by this clown. In fact, it would be nice if TSW would actually put something on his articles indicating that it was written by him.

The local Buffalo media are pathetic.

Rico... do you work for TBN or related to Sully? I'm just curious, I've just never seen anybody keep posting his stuff on her in 10+ years like you are lately.

No, I'm just enjoying his takes. They've been very relevant the past week, a good check-and-balance if you will.

This is the best though:

Just because he's right, doesn't mean he's not an !@#$.

They are interviewing pretty much the same candidates as the other teams save for the Pats duo and Shanahan, whom they interviewed two years ago and as Sal says didn't nece impress.

What star is Jerry looking for? Wouldn't matter if they hired Jesus. Sullivan would say the guy the Bills hired hasn't worked miracle in centuries. Why hire him? Typical Bills.

He's the town crier at this point. I used to read his stuff and find some agreement but he jumped the shark a while ago.

They are interviewing pretty much the same candidates as the other teams save for the Pats duo and Shanahan, whom they interviewed two years ago and as Sal says didn't nece impress.

What star is Jerry looking for? Wouldn't matter if they hired Jesus. Sullivan would say the guy the Bills hired hasn't worked miracle in centuries. Why hire him? Typical Bills.

He's the town crier at this point. I used to read his stuff and find some agreement but he jumped the shark a while ago.

Great line "hasn't worked a miracle in centuries"

So so true

If they hire Dabo Sweeny after Clemson wins next week, he'll say he has no NFL experience.

Great line "hasn't worked a miracle in centuries"

So so true

Just get it over with and hire Sullivan as head coach.

Maybe then we can look forward to a "Holy ****, was I a moron. I had no !@#$ing idea what I was talking about." article in two or so years.

This right here. Damned if you do damned if you dont. Sully bitches like that one girl that uses her period as an excuse for everything.

This is the best though:

Can you name the star coaches available? Only one I can think of is Coughlin.

and that comment is not really funny. More childish stuff from Sullivan and Gleason

Edited by nucci

Can you name the star coaches available? Only one I can think of is Coughlin.

Totally agree. The only out of work former NFL Head Coach with a track record that makes him even worth interviewing is Tom Coughlin who, when talking of the future, will be 71 freaking years old when 2017 begins.

Beyond him you are left with the usual "would Gruden or Cowher come off the tele?"

This is a hiring season where everyone is basically left looking at young coordinators who would be first time Head Coaches (save for McDaniels).

I am a bit disappointed that Kyle Shanahan hasn't had an interview but as others have said they did speak to him 2 years ago. After him and McDaniels, McDermott and Goodwin were two of the top names on my list last year.... the Bills are speaking to good people just not big names.

This is the best though:

:lol::thumbsup:

Sully may be right, but his cred is so bad he becomes unbelievable. His contract with the Patriots and Red Sox runs out soon so retirement is coming, thank goodness. I am sick of his " Bastin " accent.

He has done his job for Belicheat for a long time now..to undermine Bills nation, to influence the outcome of the fans support, to confuse Bills Nation. He will soon be recalled to the homeland. He has hid in the patriots embassy (Buff News) undermined our efforts at every turn. His greatest coup was the Flutie Johnson feud, taking 2 starting QBs and future hall of famers out of Buffalo at once. He has successfully taken the guy who saved this franchise ( Pegula) and in 2 years reduced him to Ralph status.

He has successfully taken the guy who saved this franchise ( Pegula) and in 2 years reduced him to Ralph status.

I am no fan of Sully but Pegula has done that all on his own with his running of the organisation. He isn't Ralph... at this stage he is more Dan Snyder throwing money at a problem with little idea or direction.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The fact that they are not interviewing Kyle Shanahan tells you all you need to know about this joke of a coaching search. I don't care if he didn't impress in his interview from a couple years ago or if the Bills brass doesn't like his personality. Belichick and Saban don't seem like the friendliest people but they are great football coaches.

Kyle Shanahan has had success as an offensive coordinator everywhere he has gone and what he has done with the Falcons offense this year is impressive. He is easily more qualified than any candidate we have interviewed and they guy flat out knows how to operate the offensive side of the ball with the best of them. Yet, he is not even getting an interview. It is pathetic.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

The fact that they are not interviewing Kyle Shanahan tells you all you need to know about this joke of a coaching search. I don't care if he didn't impress in his interview from a couple years ago or if the Bills brass doesn't like his personality. Belichick and Saban don't seem like the friendliest people but they are great football coaches.

Kyle Shanahan has had success as an offensive coordinator everywhere he has gone and what he has done with the Falcons offense this year is impressive. He is easily more qualified than any candidate we have interviewed and they guy flat out knows how to operate the offensive side of the ball with the best of them. Yet, he is not even getting an interview. It is pathetic.

A successful OC does not a successful first time HC make.

There is literally nothing "pathetic" about any of this.

Surly is an entertainer. He's not an analyst. Proceed as if. Don't like his show? Don't buy a ticket. Don't follow his thinly veiled click bait.

We have precious little time on this earth, why do anything to compel people whose PURPOSE is to be negative?

I've never read a single one of his columns. Never will.

!@#$ THAT

A successful OC does not a successful first time HC make.

There is literally nothing "pathetic" about any of this.

Surly is an entertainer. He's not an analyst. Proceed as if. Don't like his show? Don't buy a ticket. Don't follow his thinly veiled click bait.

We have precious little time on this earth, why do anything to compel people whose PURPOSE is to be negative?

I've never read a single one of his columns. Never will.

!@#$ THAT

I am no fan of Sully but Pegula has done that all on his own with his running of the organisation. He isn't Ralph... at this stage he is more Dan Snyder throwing money at a problem with little idea or direction.

Consider the alternative; Bon Jovi packing the Mayflower vans for Toronto.

Well put.

I think Shanahan has promise based upon what he's done in Atlanta, but if they interviewed him 2 years ago and he didn't seem right to them then, why now? His offense has been good in Atlanta, but he's had Matty Ryan to work with. From his Wiki: "On January 11, 2008, he was officially promoted to OC of the Houston Texans, becoming the youngest coordinator in the NFL, being more than three years younger than Josh McDaniels of the New England Patriots. In 2010, Shanahan left the Texans to join his father with the Washington Redskins. The Redskins' performance during his tenure led some to question whether Shanahan's hiring was an example of unearned nepotism.[6] In 2012, Shanahan was fined $25,000 for insulting the replacement officials and confronting one after a loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.[7]

One could argue that Shanahan is the anti-Lynn, a guy who has been offered every opportunity and offered early advancement before earning his stripes, and I'm not sure what to make about the Browns thing.

If they want a coach who can be here for the long-haul, they don't want Coughlin.

Other than not interviewing Coughlin or Shanahan, who each have some flags, I can't figure out what's wrong about what the Bills are doing. The Chargers aren't listed as interviewing Shanny; the Chargers and Broncs aren't interviewing McDaniel; the Jags, 49ers, and Denver aren't interviewing Patricia; Coughlin has interviewed only with the Jags.

I would like to see us interview Dave Toub and Teryl Austin, maybe Vance Joseph, but other than that the Bills seem to have a fairly similar evaluation as most teams of this year's crop of coaching talent.

Bingo. All this talking to the players not around the coaches, the Roman firing, etc is basically Snyder's RG3 saga. It made the Skins toxic for a while, because RG3 was complaining to the owner about Shanny's offense and Snyder was putting pressure on him.

Hope we don't see the same thing with the Bills.

Consider the alternative; Bon Jovi packing the Mayflower vans for Toronto.

No.

How do you know they didn't ask and Shanahan and his agent or father said no?

OK, so now we understand. If a team doesn't interview Shanahan (and rank him #1), their coaching search is a joke. Someone better alert the Chargers, who have a good albeit aging QB.

Even in Houston, he ran a very pass-heavy offense. Being fined for confronting an official in 2012 and quitting on Pettine don't fill me with warm fuzzies.

How do you know they didn't ask and Shanahan and his agent or father said no?

That would just prove the Bills are a dysfunctional mess if that happened because the only coaching candidate worth considering wouldn't interview with us (I'm pretty sure, hard as they look, someone would have picked that up - the Bills have to request permission of the Falcons which mean a lot of people go in the loop)