Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

Local Charlotte sports radio 610am WFNZ :

They are suggesting that this is akin to Hu Jackson taking the Browns job = mistake.

They are throwing Whaley under the bus and asking if Whaley will even be there in a year.

Legit questions if you aren't privy to the discussions. LOL

Local Charlotte sports radio 610am WFNZ :

They are suggesting that this is akin to Hu Jackson taking the Browns job = mistake.

They are throwing Whaley under the bus and asking if Whaley will even be there in a year.

Thing is, Hue is still highly regarded. The Browns clearly planned to fail this year and have abundant cap space, and now that have the 1st and 12th overall picks.

Say what you want about the FO, I like the McDermott pick.

p.s. Why do all these head coaching candidates get (a minimum) 5 year contracts? Pegula can piss away all the money he wants, but I would feel that a three year contract would be a better choice. I know why the candidate wants a long contract, but why would the owner bet on an unproven entity for five years?

Has that been reported already, what McDermott's contract will be?

I believe it was reported Marrone and the Jags GM both got 3

Are you insinuating that there is an acceptable amount of this action and Whaley has exceeded it?

First overpaying for Sammy. Now this. Guy is just too generous, I suppose.

You are giving this poster too much credit assuming he actually has a real point.

You had the feeling that McDermott was going to be head coach for someone in 2017.

You had the feeling Anthony Lynn will not be head coach for any team in 2017 unless it was Buffalo.

I don't hate this hire. Seems like Buffalo went out and convinced a fairly hot commodity to sign up here. The easy thing to do would have been to hire Lynn and maintain that continuity. We all would have said.."they couldn't do better"?

I know this is going to sound arrogant, so I apologise in advance, but the stupidity I see on sports message boards and fans calling into sports stations is amazing. I've pretty much stopped listening to sports radio and considering it about sports forums. Let me be clear about one thing, I assume I know less about the game than those who run or coach team's or most likely I would be in that profession. I didn't like Rex,but he knows more about the game than I'll ever know. I'm not enamored by the Bills playoff drought but no one has called me from the league or the Bills for my advice. Gee, I wonder why?